Sexout animations, TFC, and camera problems

After some reading and some experimentation, I believe I've found the source of all, or at least most, of the camera issues. Two parts.

1. Timing.

I've mentioned this before, but should again. It takes time for your character to become visible when going to 3rd person. If your character is invisible when TFC starts, it will remain invisible. You must be in 3rd person to toggle TFC, or you are invisible, no exceptions. Enough time must pass between going into 3rd person and toggling TFC for the character to become visible.

I already knew all this, but that's the shortest explanation I've been able to articulate.

Now on to the new discoveries which are far more interesting, and perhaps disappointing for some of you.

2. Playidle and pickidle

Both of these commands work fine on the player, but they only work if you are in the TFC.. Those are the rules. I didn't make 'em, sorry.

You can test this out yourself in the console if you doubt me. All of the NG idle animations are titled "SNGxy" where X is the #, such as 605, and Y is the position, A or B or sometimes C. To play the 605 female animation, type "player.playidle SNG605b".

If you are in 3rd person or 1st person, it will do nothing, no matter what you do after that with the camera. If you are in 1st person, it will do nothing. You must be in TFC for it to do anything to the player.

3. Effect on future sexout cameras

I had high hopes for different cameras in SexoutNG, and now I'm forced to concede defeat. These options will all be removed, and TFC will be mandatory when the player is engaged in sex. I will leave the new control in place in MCM so you can adjust the delay. I will also be adding a command to tap the 'back up' key during that delay, which will help with invisibility.

If you manually exit TFC while the animation is running, Sexout cannot switch the animation off for you so you will have to do it yourself. You can do this by going into TFC and typing "player.playidle SexoutReset". This will not work in simple 3rd person either, you must be in TFC.

TFC can only be entered (with the character visible) in 3rd person. Therefore the new camera system will do one of two things. If you're already in 3rd person, it will just turn TFC on.

If you are in 1st person it will switch to 3rd and then wait for X seconds (default is 0.5, adjustable in MCM) while tapping the backup key every frame for that time. When the time expires, it will engage TFC. While this is happening you can adjust your view with the mouse to ensure the character is visible if you are in a crowded area.

These changes will be in the next version I release, but I wanted to explain here, for everyone having camera problems.

I am hopeful that in the future, either via an NVSE plugin (I am looking into writing one), or perhaps via camera paths, more cameras can be added.

if you can get the camera to work right, maybe there is a possibility for 1st person sex animations.

Also was wondering if you would consider having the use of vats. I have seen sexus making heavy use of this. once vats is completed the sex scenes kicks in.

if you can get the camera to work right' date=' maybe there is a possibility for 1st person sex animations.

Also was wondering if you would consider having the use of vats. I have seen sexus making heavy use of this. once vats is completed the sex scenes kicks in.

[/quote']

I've been thinking about VATS but that would definitely need to be a future feature, I have no idea how to make it work right now, so I'd probably just break everything if I tried to add it in. Need time to play with it. :)

The idles won't play on the player in 1st person, they will only start if you're in TFC. I'm not sure why this is entirely, as they are used for drawing guns and stuff, and that obviously works in 1st person. I will look into it more, but I suspect that it requires different settings in the .kfs?

the idles can't play because in 1stPerson player has no body yet. Maybe if we convert the 3rdPerson body to 1stPerson then he will be able to play right. that way if you walk around in 1stPerson you can actually see you hands feet and lower parts.

For females they will be able to see her breast part too. :D

the idles can't play because in 1stPerson player has no body yet. Maybe if we convert the 3rdPerson body to 1stPerson then he will be able to play right. that way if you walk around in 1stPerson you can actually see you hands feet and lower parts.

For females they will be able to see her breast part too. :D

Would be fun to try. That means a whole new set of animations based on the 1st person skeleton, right? Lots of work, and we need one for each 3rd person animation.

Let me get the 3rd person camera working properly first. :D

Oh I forgot the 4th thing I wanted to mention.

4. Knockdown, etc

I've really been struggling lately to figure out why the knockdown (it uses damageav fatigue ...) isn't working for the PC. It turns out that effect will NOT work when TFC is on. Imagine that. So here's what the camera logic in the code needs to do (and will do, maybe not today though):

1. Switch to 3rd person

2. Wait a moment while backing up

3. Switch to TFC

4. Start animation

5. Wait for animation timer.

6. Switch out of TFC

7. Do knockdown/cumming effect.

I've got the order straight in my head now, just need to move some things around in code. Right now steps 6 and 7 are in the wrong order.

• 1 month later...

First of all thank you for all you do and have done.

I am having a strange problem with the animations. The problem is not related to TFC (because it only happens to NPCs).

OK some background information

load order:

FalloutNV.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

Advanced Recon Tech.esm

Brahmin Bess.esm

NSkies URWLified.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

Advanced Recon Gear.esp

Advanced Recon Tech.esp

Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp

EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp

PerkEveryLevel.esp

Smalltalk.esp

UnlimitedCompanions.esp

Companions Commander.esp

Body by Race.esp

Armor by Race w Undies.esp

NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp

SexoutRapers.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

Sexout LevelUp.esp

SexoutSex.esp

SexoutBoomers.esp

SexoutKings.esp

SexoutKhans.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutFiends.esp

SexoutPregnancyNG.esp

SexoutNotify.esp

I am using sexout NG updated as of Jan-08-2012.

I use FOMM 0.13.21, NVSE 2 beta 12

I have used NVedit to "clean" the mods, still experimenting with the results.

The bug:

I have highlighted rapers because i have only seen it happen when an NPC is being raped. I recognize that you do not support rapers so if you want to stop reading right here i will understand.

rapist attacks target

target collapses

rape begins

rapist begins animation

target does not begin animation (or begins only partially)

^i have separated this into 2 lines but it occurs simultaneously in game^

target floats into the air, slides away on the ground or gets caught on local geometry (rocks, cars and etc).

rape ends (squirt effect)

both stand up

both cloth up.

sometimes parts of the animation happen, such as the targets buttocks humping wildly while he/she slides or flies away. Sometimes the animation initializes for both actors perfectly. So far as i can tell the animations are not to blame since i have seen the same animation work and fail with two different pairs of actors. At least i assume it is the same animation (i have seen the 'lie down sideways' animation work and fail with 2 different pairs), i have looked for the anim. number in the console, but i don't notice it like i did with lovers with PK, am i just missing it?

So i am at a loss, is rapers just bugged, and if so, is there a way to fix this?

I am no programmer, i was trained in hand and electronic drafting (2d, 3d modeling) so i am out of my element.

Thanks for all you do and for any insights you can share.

Rapers is bugged, but not that badly.

Anim number is seen by looking in the actors inventory for SexoutNGAnimCounter items -- the count of them in the inventory is the anim #.

'Cleaning' the mods may very well have broken things. If you merge anything together you will *definitely* break stuff. My advice: Unless you're a pretty experienced modder yourself or want to become one, just leave them and FNVEdit alone.

Body By Race is known to cause random odd issues with Sexout, so try it without that.

Rapers is bugged' date=' but not that badly.

Anim number is seen by looking in the actors inventory for SexoutNGAnimCounter items -- the count of them in the inventory is the anim #.

'Cleaning' the mods may very well have broken things. If you merge anything together you will *definitely* break stuff. My advice: Unless you're a pretty experienced modder yourself or want to become one, just leave them and FNVEdit alone.

Body By Race is known to cause random odd issues with Sexout, so try it without that.

[/quote']

Thank you very much.

Yes i am not allowed to go near FNVedit anymore, i messed something up and had to do a clean install. I will let you know how it turns out.

As for becoming a modder, i might like that. Being an end user is fun but i have ideas i would like to try out, especially with Skyrim. I am kind of intimidated though, these seem like very complex pieces of software for someone without a software background.

They are a little complex, because the GECK scripting language (and the GECK itself) is poorly designed, poorly implemented, and lacking in many basic features -- so the script has to make up for it.

I'm hoping things will be different in the Skyrim CK, but not holding my breath. ;)

Archived