Endless loop in cut scene

Milkman Dan

Hi!

A while back I reinstalled Oblivion, for the specific purpose of playing the Gold edition of Claudia's Little Secret.  However I ran into an endless loop during a cut scene, and I cannot proceed with the adventure. 

I've attached the load order, and two screencaps of where the loop occurs.

I've tried loading an earlier save, and replaying part of CLS, but that didn't resolve the issue.

If it matters, I've already gone well past this scene on an older install of Oblivion, but between then and now I'd totally uninstalled Oblivion and all the mods, as well as erased the save folder.

post-6893-0-07522400-1381862790_thumb.jpg

post-6893-0-57016200-1381862797_thumb.jpg

post-6893-0-83480000-1381862804_thumb.jpg

Hi!

A while back I reinstalled Oblivion, for the specific purpose of playing the Gold edition of Claudia's Little Secret.  However I ran into an endless loop during a cut scene, and I cannot proceed with the adventure. 

I've tried loading an earlier save, and replaying part of CLS, but that didn't resolve the issue.

If it matters, I've already gone well past this scene on an older install of Oblivion, but between then and now I'd totally uninstalled Oblivion and all the mods, as well as erased the save folder.

If you have reiinstalld and are running with a old save then you may have skiped the test for the plugin's being installed, soundcommands missing

is a common reason for looping cut's. look in the log files in the oblivion dir and check if soundcmd is loading and install the runtime if it is not.

Hi!

If you have reiinstalld and are running with a old save then you may have skiped the test for the plugin's being installed, soundcommands missing

is a common reason for looping cut's. look in the log files in the oblivion dir and check if soundcmd is loading and install the runtime if it is not.

SoundCommands.dll is in my Oblivion/Data/obse/plugins folder.  My old saves aren't available anymore, as I erased them, so I had to start a new game with a new character.  The obse.log file also says it's loading it successfully.

Oh, I haven't really looked at it, except to reply to the last post.  I can't discount that I'm missing something really important, since this time around it was a fresh install.  For example when I started the game, I kept getting the warning from Claudia's that I was missing certain plugins, which I had to install to proceed.

*Sight* Second crash, my old HDD was too old so now I'm on a third one... With muck my new SSD will arrive tomorrow and I'll be able to help more...

I got crashes because of skeletons with new after quest mode... Never had that before but it's good to know. More ASAP.

Cheers!

Dan the script in CLS that checks for plugins appart from skse it self just looks for the file(s) being pressent in the expected dir's if you have the wrong versions this

may result a problem. The only way I know of completly finding out what is wrong is to load the script that runs the cut scene that is looping into the CK and

try to save it (the CK should say if a script command is missing) the underlying issues is the engine loads the script & runs it upto the

point where there is a missing comamnd (i.e a call to a function in soundcmds) it then aborts the script but the script did not run to its control points (run once flag or condition to change the event flow int the script) so it repeats.. and repeats...

The odd thing is I thought the script aborted the game if a plugin was missing.

and donl;t forget its obse.log you neet to look in and you should see somting along this lines of (delete it before running obliv just to make sure you are looking at a lastest copy)

OBSE: initialize (version = 20.6 010201A0)
oblivion root = F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\
plugin directory = F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\
checking plugin F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Elys_USV.dll
plugin F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Elys_USV.dll (00000001 Elys_USV 0000005D) loaded correctly
checking plugin F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\SoundCommands.dll

SetOpcodeBase 00002398
RegisterCommand SetMusicVolume (2398)
RegisterCommand SetMasterVolume (2399)
RegisterCommand SetEffectsVolume (239A)
RegisterCommand SetFootVolume (239B)
RegisterCommand SetVoiceVolume (239C)
RegisterCommand FadeMusic (239D)
RegisterCommand GetMusicVolume (239E)
RegisterCommand PlayMusicFile (239F)
RegisterCommand GetEffectsVolume (23A0)
RegisterCommand GetFootVolume (23A1)
RegisterCommand GetVoiceVolume (23A2)
RegisterCommand GetMasterVolume (23A3)
plugin F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\SoundCommands.dll (00000001 SoundCommands 00000004) loaded correctly
checking plugin F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\weOCPS.dll
plugin F:\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\weOCPS.dll (00000001 weOCPS 01328DD8) loaded correctly

Archived