Save file fucks itself

Rokabur

Getting beyond pissed with Skyrim. Once the time played on the save file reaches aroud 5 hours it won't load anymore. It's already happened over 8 times to me in the less then 12 days siince I got Skyrim. No I can't use any of the programs to clean out bloat or anything cause I can't load the save file in order to even create a dump. If I could load the save file to create a dump I wouldn't need the program in the first place. I know theres something wrong cause Skyrim does not take 8-12 minutes to load a save file.

I'm sorry for posting in a rush without providing all info but I'm just getting so pissed with Skyrim that I can't even play for very long before something happens to the save file and I have to restart a new game all over again. The load order is fine since Skyrim starts up normally. The SKSE plugins are listed in the spoiler and are all up to date. Don't have FNIS installed since none of the mods I have installed require any FNIS and I'm foregoing all the SexLab mods til they working with the current 1.20 framework. Adding the Papyrus log since I have no idea what Papyrus is or how to ever read the log file.

• 00 Skyrim.esm

• 01 Update.esm

• 02 Dawnguard.esm

• 03 HearthFires.esm

• 04 Dragonborn.esm

• 05 BBLuxurySuite.esm

• 06 HjakhtraevarrTomb.esm

• 07 mannyBlackRock.esm

• 08 mannyDragonhead.esm

• 09 moonpath.esm

• 0A ORS_MorthalPain.esm

• 0B ORS_SolitudeGate.esm

• 0C phiNoFF.esm

• 0D UndergroundBathhouse.esm

• 0E Brawl Bugs CE.esp

• 0F Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.3.3c]

• 10 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.2.4]

• 11 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]

• 12 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.5]

• 13 bag of holding.esp

• 14 prometheus_beastskeletons.esp

• 15 DungeonQuestAwareness.esp

• 16 harvest more food & ingredients.esp

• 17 Perks Unbound.esp

• 18 Perks Unbound - Dawnguard.esp

• 19 Perks Unbound - Dragonborn.esp

• 1A ShootingStars.esp

• 1B Tytanis.esp

• 1C underwater_treasure.esp

• 1D werewolvesofskyrim.esp

• 1E autoharvest.esp

• 1F RaceMenu.esp

• 20 RaceMenuPlugin.esp

• 21 SkyUI.esp

• 22 ket_fang.esp

• 23 tg.esp

• 24 Dr_Bandolier.esp

• 25 dragonnests.esp

• 26 akaviri military camps.esp

• 27 archaeologistguild.esp

• 28 BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp

• 29 BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp

• 2A BBLSspouse.esp

• 2B BBLSVisitors.esp

• 2C BBLuxurySuiteClassier.esp

• 2D bhabhilon.esp

• 2E blackmarsh.esp

• 2F dungeons 4.esp

• 30 fornirstomb.esp

• 31 gersonia.esp

• 32 moonpath_questdata.esp

• 33 MzarkWonders.esp

• 34 quest into the depth.esp

• 35 quest_sorcery.esp

• 36 quest_seaofghosts.esp

• 37 quest_thebiggertheyare.esp

• 38 The Fifth Gate.esp

• 39 ub_invite_any_npc.esp

• 3A ub_tapestry.esp

• 3B Undeath.esp

• 3C Wyrmstooth.esp [Version 1.9]

• 3D Yuri The Elder Trainer.esp

• 3E AchieveThat.esp

• ++ RichMerchants.esp

• 3F dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

• 40 dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

• ++ Skyrim Unlimited Rings And Amulets.esp

• 41 waterbreathing breathless emerge.esp

• 42 StripNPCs.esp

• 43 BFSEffects.esp

• 44 Mighty Magick - Alteration.esp

• 45 Mighty Magick - Alteration Extras.esp

• 46 Mighty Magick - Conjuration.esp

• 47 Mighty Magick - Conjuration Extras.esp

• 48 Mighty Magick - Destruction.esp

• 49 Mighty Magick - Dual Casting.esp

• 4A Mighty Magick - Enchantments Rebalance.esp

• 4B Mighty Magick - Fortify Magic School Enchantment and Alchemy Reversed.esp

• 4C Mighty Magick - Illusion.esp

• 4D Mighty Magick - Illusion Extras.esp

• 4E Mighty Magick - Restoration.esp

• 4F Mighty Magick - Restoration Extras.esp

• 50 Mighty Magick - Scaling.esp

• 51 Mighty Magick - Voice.esp

• 52 zzzEverlastingWeaponEnchant.esp

• 53 The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp

• 54 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

• 55 UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp

• 56 UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp

• 57 argonianlove.esp

• 58 argoniansmore.esp

• 59 follower oveena.esp

• 5A follower qa'raazi.esp

• 5B follower veeva.esp

• 5C followerzahraji.esp

• 5D kisisa.esp

• 5E Masaani.esp

• 5F CerwidenCompanion.esp

• 60 CerwidenAppearancePatch.esp

• 61 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

• 62 DudestiaMultiMarriages.esp

• 63 argonianfemales.esp

• 64 erbos'sargonianplayer.esp

• 65 follower bog-lurker.esp

• 66 follower fire-eye.esp

• 67 nakuma.esp

• 68 pwc-exit on demand.esp

• 69 pwc-permanent werewolf.esp

• 6A request romalisk.esp

• 6B shatanal.esp

• 6C test follower.esp

• 6D werewolf lesser power.esp

• 6E apokalypse.esp

• 6F darkness falls v2.esp

• 70 dragonrendhurts.esp

• 71 dungeons realm of darkness.esp

• 72 dungeons swamp of the dead.esp

• 73 into the deep.esp

• 74 moredragonlairs!.esp

• 75 skeletal dragons.esp

• 76 testcell.esp

• 77 dracolich.esp

• 78 vampirekeep.esp

• 79 fee-zinwife.esp

• 7A standsnearcorpse3.esp

• 7B blooddragontest.esp

• 7C the deap jungle.esp

• 7D Lusty.esp

• 7E LustyArgonianMaid&SultryArgonianBard.esp

• 7F w2salem.esp

• 80 argonian housecarls - by chancewolf.esp

• 81 SmartTraining.esp

• 82 themarriagebook.esp

• 83 digitigradekhajiit+argonianraptor.esp

• 84 Sextreme-LYCAN_Series.esp

• 85 Sextreme-BST_Series.esp

• 86 bandit housecarl.esp

• 87 customfollower.esp

• 88 follower abijah.esp

• 89 follower ma'visi.esp

• 8A follower ra'sheeda.esp

• 8B followernakhari.esp

• 8C inorra_3x.esp

• 8D kat.esp

• 8E Bashed Patch, 0.esp

• SKSE Version: 0.1.6.16
  • nioverride.dll
  • SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.dll Version: 1.15.1.1

Papyrus.1.log.zip

you have over 90 mods or something?

Yea that will bloat your save as hell

edit: 145 mods...

Before I stopped playing Oblivion for a while I was running almost 290 mods if you include all the ones that were bashed into a patch with Wrye Bash. Once I had all the mods sorted correctly never had any problesm with anything. Total my Oblivion install was 25GB in size. I'm barely 145 mods and not even 15GB in size for Skyrim and only 2 qualify for the Bash Patch so really don't use it. Just seems Skyrim is far less reliable then Oblivion was. 5 hours of play to render a save unuseable? Really don't want to do a clean Skyrim install. Takes 3-4 freakin hours just to download and install through Steam (my DVD-RW refuses to recognize any discs in the drive so no installing from physical media) plus over 3 hours just install the mods and make sure those install right.

you have over 90 mods or something?

Yea that will bloat your save as hell

edit: 145 mods...

Before I stopped playing Oblivion for a while I was running almost 290 mods if you include all the ones that were bashed into a patch with Wrye Bash. Once I had all the mods sorted correctly never had any problesm with anything. Total my Oblivion install was 25GB in size. I'm barely 145 mods and not even 15GB in size for Skyrim and only 2 qualify for the Bash Patch so really don't use it. Just seems Skyrim is far less reliable then Oblivion was. 5 hours of play to render a save unuseable? Really don't want to do a clean Skyrim install. Takes 3-4 freakin hours just to download and install through Steam (my DVD-RW refuses to recognize any discs in the drive so no installing from physical media) plus over 3 hours just install the mods and make sure those install right.

Bethesda sucks at coding anything properly

Saves bloat as hell fast

especially mods that add towns, people and quests etc

Also autosaving should be turned off and be handled by a SKSE plugin not sure which one though

With nine patches in less then 2 years gamesave bloat was never addressed, and with those patches came even more bugs although not as many as were fixed. hell there was a patch on release day 11-11-11. But getting to the OP, having only one save file is asking for corruption trouble if your playing on PC. That's just the nature of the beast.

Even the slightest change/tweak can screw the pooch and cause corruption, and the more mods you get the easier the pooch screwing becomes. remember, this is a Bethesda game and they've already written it off. I can just see the downtime coming when ESO hits the fan. 

But seriously, there isn't anyone that doesn't go through this. and as yet there is no fixall.

Just 5 hours of play for a save to become unuseable?

Have you also tried running BOSS and stuff like that?

Not sure why but autosaving has been really broken in the last bethesda games

Although not that frequent i would say try turning off stuff one by one but in your case that would take a few weeks...
Might be mods working against each other

TESedit should give a insight

Edit: I have no idea why i wrote frequent i really need some sleep

Skyrim has a few hidden bugs in its loading routine that only occasionally raise their ugly heads and will never get fixed. This has led to many folks claiming their save files to be corrupt, even though the files are just fine and it is simply the game itself that is fucking up.

Usually it goes like this: Start the game, choose a save to load from the main menu, watch the loading screen for a moment and: Hello desktop. How are you? Didn't expect to see you again so soon.

Getting stuck on the loading screen is more rare but not unheard of.

What might help you is to get the game engine fully running before trying to load your save. On the main menu, instead of loading a game, open the console and use the command “coc ctest”. This will load a testing cell and dump you in there with the default character. Once that is done, try to load your actual save. In most cases it will now go through.

Good luck.

I always turn the auto-saving off. And as for BOSS, thats required to even get Elder Scrolls games running. I have BOSS, Wrye bash and Nexus Mod Manager installed for Oblivion and Skyrim. I don't use TESedit cause I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Skyrim has a few hidden bugs in its loading routine that only occasionally raise their ugly heads and will never get fixed. This has led to many folks claiming their save files to be corrupt, even though the files are just fine and it is simply the game itself that is fucking up.

Usually it goes like this: Start the game, choose a save to load from the main menu, watch the loading screen for a moment and: Hello desktop. How are you? Didn't expect to see you again so soon.

What might help you is to get the game engine fully running before trying to load your save. On the main menu, instead of loading a game, open the console and use the command “coc ctest”. This will load a testing cell and dump you in there with the default character. Once that is done, try to load your actual save. In most cases it will now go through.

Good luck.

There is no loading and crashing to the desktop. If the save won't load i'm hung at the loading screen with nothing happening every time.

Unless you have limited hard drive space, I make multiple hard saves each time I finish at some point of the quest, fast-travel, or before I add or remove a mod, and after a period of time I back them up or delete those that are repetitive. Some mods that use Papyrus scripting requires that you follow uninstallation/deactivation procedures before removing it.

There's a mod that does better than autosave, but I prefer manual methods.

BTW, have to be careful when using scripted mods.

Good luck.

I did try 'coc ctest' from the command console from the main menu and loading from there and it does work. Save file just won't load normally lol.

Archived