Scanner freeze in Outpost

I recently ran into a serious problem with my starfield game:

After building an outpost (and moving the beacon), leaving and coming back, I am no longer able to have the scanner open in the outpost or near it. When I open the scanner in the outpost (or approach the outpost with the scanner open), my game freezes. Starfield does not crash, but an hour later it's still sitting there, frozen.

So... I h ave questions:

(1) Has anyone else had this kind of problem?

(2) Was your game modded? (Mine was, and I had messed up the groundpounder quest at an early level

killing the marines I needed to save, before getting the quest

, so I've decided to start over with an unmodded game.)

(3) If you have encountered this issue, can you tell me anything else about your outpost? (For example, in my case I had put down a full sized landing pad, six extractors, 9 solar generators, some habs, a bunch of storage and some warehouses, a "cleaning bot", six turrets and pulled in Lin and Heller to staff the place, some beds a couch, an industrial workstation and a spacesuit workstation and a trash can. I had also deleted and recreated the outpost early on, so that I could put down an extra iron extractor.)

Generally speaking, I do not know if the problem here was my in-game behavior, memory corruption or something induced by the script extender, and I am looking for clues.

• 2 weeks later...

Followup:

I have not yet encountered this issue in a new game I started.

If anyone else encounters this, my guess is that SFSE and/or moving my outpost beacon (along with subsequent fast travel) were important parts of whatever caused this problem.

(But I have not been enthusiastic enough about tracking this down to see if I could reproduce it in a new game.)