[Mod][XCL] Spike Fun

[XCL] Spike Fun

Adds a variety of drug-spiking and non-con sex to the workplace, bar, and club.

Author: usagitriplesix

ONLY USE ONE VERSION: 0.7+ Stable or 0.8 Experimental!

EXPERIMENTAL VERSION: Spike Fun 0.8+ for X-Change Life v0.19

WARNING: This version is still experimental and break your game! Use at your own risk!.

This is a release of a new major build for Spike Fun that likely has a lot of broken aspects, so use at your own risk!

Important change to note:

The Yes! drug has been removed from Spike Fun and is now an optional component. It should still work, if you have it installed, but it no longer comes bundled with the mod. You will want to get the updated version from here, with my other drug mods.

New Events:

• Bimbo Recruitment - Specifically focused on lowering your character's intellect, this will probably do the most with the Wonka Bigger Int Penalty modlet, which makes the "intellect drain" side effect delete more Int XP.
  • Smartie Wants a Dumb Girlfriend - Keeping with the theme, You may encounter a "smart" guy looking for a dumb, slutty girlfriend...and he's not afraid to "make" one through drink spikes! Only partially tested, this one doesn't have much in the way of built-in escapes, so I'm not sure how long you might get stuck. (It's also missing some planned features due to me not wanting to edit more key passages of the base game.)

Changes and improvements

• Lots of assorted bug fixes, including a rework of how temporary side effects were handled. Seems I had the wrong idea about how it worked, and I have (hopefully) corrected that mistake.
  • Removal of "breeder effect," as it appears this didn't work properly, anyway.
  • Added "clone effect," because it turns out it was easier to added clones to Breeder pills than breeding to Clones pills.
  • Rewrote the :: sex orgasm passage for better compatibility between Spike Fun, BR Pills, and Multiple Character Mod
  • Tweaked the "multiple orgasms" side effect to be a little less powerful (and, hopefully, less likely to cause an infinite climax loop)
  • Added a passive spike activity "heat" gain on days the player isn't at the bar.
  • Probably other stuff I forgot about because I didn't write it down because I don't take this very seriously...

PREVIOUS VERSION:

Spike Fun: 0.7+ for X-Change Life v0.19

Introducing Spike Fun “Stories!” This new version of Spike Fun was made with the intent of adding some small bits of narrative to some of the drink spiking at the bar. Potentially optional (there’s an untested menu option to turn off the new “Stories” additions), this build of the mod adds short scenes involving the player character and other bar-goers having their drinks spiked with drugs and transformables.

Here’s a quick rundown of the new features:

Drink Spikes - It’s Not Just You
You’re not the only one who needs to watch your drink; all of the bar girls are also at risk. Some of the girls may become “unavailable” for a while, if a would-be spiker has their way with them. (A mod that adds extra bar girls is recommended.)

Spike Activity and Crime Reporting
The bar and club both have periods where drink-spikes are more and less frequent. Visiting them during these periods have a higher risk of drinks being spiked.

While the club activity periods ebb and wane on their own, the bar’s activity can be influenced by the player. If you witness a drink-spiking attempt, you can report it to the authorities—the Summer City Police Department has officers occasionally at the bar, and have a booth at the mall where they can be contacted. (The mall booth also has spiking activity notices.)

If you spot someone attempting to drug one the bar girls, you can also intervene—your success may depend on your skills and how drunk you are, however.

Each drink-drugging crime reported has a chance of helping the SCPD end the current wave of spiking activity, and calm things down at the bar.

Drink-Spike Culprits
The people putting drugs into drinks now have a little more motivation and personality. What kind of transformation and side effects the player character gets hit with may depend on what they’re after.

Some of them may be influenced by interactions with the player character, directly, or indirectly. (Some may not take well to busybodies who keep reporting them and their friends to the police… )

Mixed in with the minor drink spike events are a few large ones, which could have severe, longer-lasting impacts on the PC.

Spikers Make House Calls
Sometimes, you just can’t say “no”—likely because you’ve been drugged by a highly illegal substance only found in Summer City’s black market. If you get hit by one of these special drugs, you may find yourself “willingly” inviting a stranger into your room for late-night activities. (Don’t worry, they effects should wear off…eventually.)

Picking Up Girls is More Annoying
Has picking up bar girls been too easy and free of aggravation? This version of Spike Fun expands on the interruption events from previous builds, that would sometimes get between you and your hookup target.

Sometimes, they’re innocent and harmless events, and other times, it’s your competition trying to beat you to the girl. There’s a bit more variety to these events, in the hopes that your bar visits will be more interesting.

You’re Not Safe as a Girl
Girl spikes are a thing, now. Both at the bar and the club, women can be drugged and taken advantage of—watch your drinks!

Your coworkers can spike you, too. Both as a saleswoman and a secretary, you might find an aphrodisiac slipped into your coffee.

Additional Side Effects and Combos
I’ve recreated some of the BR Pills as side effects, so they can be used in combination with other pill types. A Kannagi (masturbation denial) / Continue pill? Empress / Clone pill? These are possible, now.

Requirements:
In order to function properly, you need to include these mods in your load order:

Recommended:
  • My Diagnostic Kiosk - This expansion of part of the BR Pills mod will help you find out what you’ve been drugged with.

Mod Compatibility
Needless to say, this version of Spike Fun is extremely invasive, and touches on many passages of the game, so there are likely going to be unintended interactions with other mods.

Currently, I’ve used it with these mods without issues:

There is direct support for:
  • Pharm-Rx - Spike Fun should recognize and use some of the drugs from the mod
  • HGH Side Effect - There are some special scenarios built around this mod
  • Pregmod - The SWP nanobots have will be added as a possible drug effect if this mod is detected. WARNING: Some combinations of side effects can result in situations many have deemed to be... "unplayable."
  • Multiple Character Mod - This should work, in theory, but Spike Fun may need to load AFTER Multiple Characters

Patches available:
  • For those using the Beach Party mod, Vachnic/ButchDiavolo has created a patch to help the two work together. You can find it here.

No known conflicts:
  • Bar Drugging - Both mods should work together, but your character will be abused... a lot. Also, police reporting won't have any effect on Bar Drugging.

Not supported:

Installation
For version 0.7+, you will need an 0.7+ MEDIA file and an 0.7+ code file. (Multiple Character Patch file is an extra for those trying to use Spike Fun with the Multiple Characters mod. Don't use the patch if you don't have this mod.)

Special Credit

The clone pill code, and one of the big inspirations for the mod, comes from Heck Tate's Random Work Spike mod (Not required). MCL compatibility by Sorrow.

Special thanks to Badrabbit, Heck Tate, and Portinari, who's mods I blatantly stole from in putting this together (primarily for my own amusement).

ERROR!

I don't know if it has a connection with the bar drug mod (I'm using both), but it happened that the character after being drugged, and having the first partner, another one appears, BUT, not losing the bar for "CUM" haha, so I got stuck in this scene, if anyone wants to solve it, there's a bug

1 hour ago, ewelgulo said:

ERROR!

I don't know if it has a connection with the bar drug mod (I'm using both), but it happened that the character after being drugged, and having the first partner, another one appears, BUT, not losing the bar for "CUM" haha, so I got stuck in this scene, if anyone wants to solve it, there's a bug

I'm not surprised. I haven't seen this particular bug, but I had plenty that prevented me from being able to continue. Not even sure where to start with addressing the issues, so hopefully some other coding gurus may have a chance of figuring out.

(Or, perhaps, later versions of the base game will have a more appropriate sex sequence to use...)

8 hours ago, Lazyby said:

If mod loader 1.1.2 is required, it'd be nice if you included it in the downloads.  I couldn't find any old archives of XCL that had an older mod loader, the only reason I could try this out was because I had a old zip file that still had 1.1.2 in it.  Attaching it here for anyone else having trouble.

mod-loader-1.1.2.jar 2.55 MB · 0 downloads

It really should be required, but someone reported that there was an issue with using 1.1.3.

I've managed to confirm it, but not narrow down the exact cause (I think it may have something to do with the metadata that lists the specific compatibility requirements...seems right now, that's hurting more than helping).

I tried stripping all metadata from the .twee files, and that's allowed it to work with the newer version of Mod Loader. I'll try to see if I can get a better idea of what's going on as I update it to work with the new mechanics or XCL v0.18.

• 5 weeks later...

Mod loader 1.1.2 shouldn't necessarily be needed, but I always unpack the TWEE files for the mods I work with, and I forgot that it tends to freak out if they're archived. I guess I'll just need to remove the meta data for the time being.

Major bug in Spike Fun 005c!!!

The core twee file uses $items for storing the pills and chances of activating. 

Unfortunately, this is the global variable that contains the miscellaneous inventory of the game. 

The computer, body pillow, robot vacuum & watches at a minimum are stored here. 

None of those items are available after the 'spike pill selection' passage is called.

17 hours ago, cnwjr said:

Major bug in Spike Fun 005c!!!

The core twee file uses $items for storing the pills and chances of activating. 

Unfortunately, this is the global variable that contains the miscellaneous inventory of the game. 

The computer, body pillow, robot vacuum & watches at a minimum are stored here. 

None of those items are available after the 'spike pill selection' passage is called.

I was not aware (I barely understand how the code works). I'll have to look into that and see if I can fix it.

11 hours ago, emes said:

I was not aware (I barely understand how the code works). I'll have to look into that and see if I can fix it.

In the 'spike pill selection' passage in the ... Core.twee file, simply change the variable $items to something else.  Since it isn't currently used anywhere else in your twee files, I suggest using a temporary variable name _items - if you expect you will need to use the variable elsewhere in the future, try prefixing it with the mod name: e.g. $sfitems

Getting an error in the new escape-from-bar sequence cat-call gauntlet

The (else:) changer should be stored in a variable or attached to a hook.
Macros like this should appear before a hook: (else: ...)[Some text]

With all images showing at once, and no reachable buttons at the bottom.

Edited by ObedientCat
5 hours ago, ObedientCat said:

Getting an error in the new escape-from-bar sequence cat-call gauntlet

The (else:) changer should be stored in a variable or attached to a hook.
Macros like this should appear before a hook: (else: ...)[Some text]

With all images showing at once, and no reachable buttons at the bottom.

I guess I put that out the door too quickly. I wanted to fix a couple of critical bugs, and didn't think that sequence would add a new one, so I didn't test. Whoops!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 11:49 AM, ImposterSyndrome said:

Hello!

Does this mod still require [XCL] Drug Framework [for 0.18a] - X-Change Life - LoversLab? That mod's page says that it has been discontinued, and to use [XCL] Drug Framework 2 [for 0.18a] - X-Change Life - LoversLab instead.

Use Drug Framework 2 and make sure you have the Caliente and Futility from my Drugs mod as well. It's been updated to use those new versions.

15 minutes ago, magismoke said:

Not sure why, but the wonka shop mod doesn't get detected, despite being installed.

It's a mod-loader issue that I thought was supposed to have been resolved. The fix is to rename the wonka XCL to ZIP, unpack it, and put the TWEE file in the mods folder where Mod Loader can see it.

I'm not sure why, but I keep getting a message in the bar when talking to any of the girls:

There isn't a temp variable named _around in this place.Temp variables only exist inside the same passage, hook, or lambda in which they're created

This is from an existing save.  It worked fine previously unmodded, but now it just keep twitching out when I try to talk to the bar girls.

I am also getting the beginning of a forced non-con event when I try to leave the bar without talking to anyone, and get the following message:

I can't (display:) the passage 'wait progress begin' because it doesn't exist.I tried to use a macro, but its call wasn't written correctly.

I hope this is helpful, not sure what is happening.

13 hours ago, WhiteNoiseMaker said:

I'm not sure why, but I keep getting a message in the bar when talking to any of the girls:

This is from an existing save.  It worked fine previously unmodded, but now it just keep twitching out when I try to talk to the bar girls.

Update your Mod Loader. You'll want at least version 1.2.0 moving forward, as it's added the ability for modders to use the [around] tag, which allows modifying passages without overwriting the base game. A lot of modders are going to be using it to help keep mods more compatible.

2 hours ago, emes said:

Update your Mod Loader. You'll want at least version 1.2.0 moving forward, as it's added the ability for modders to use the [around] tag, which allows modifying passages without overwriting the base game. A lot of modders are going to be using it to help keep mods more compatible.

Thanks, that helped a great deal.  

I still get the error at the New U Machine, but I have the female-New-U mod loaded; which I am not sure if it's interfering with the machine, but is allowing me to use it without errors if I am pilled, so functionality is still kind of there.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi great mod, please provide walkthrough how to achieve new stories.
I think I was not able to reach anything except when you are drugged and forced to chat few people before leave bar (first image).
Have not been able to reach Simon dialog (second image) and x-change promo girl (image 5)

Also do you think this is ok that there so many conflicts? I installed mods that were recommended

Spoiler

777.png

Edited by Indarello