[Mod][XCL] Spike Fun

Apologies if this is the wrong mod thread for this but I figured out what was up with Futility stats not applying. I dived into the code and it turns out the check_buffs tag in the base game doesn't work as intended. Any changes made by the drug mods to "effective intellect/fitness/charm" are set before the bounds check and are immediately overwritten by it. Relevant excerpt from the "check buffs" passage here:

($passage_tags:"check_buffs") 

<!-- bounds checking, lock values between 1 and 10 after buffs and debuffs are applied-->
(set: $character's "effective charm" to (min: (max: $character's "charm" + $character's "charm buff", 1), 10))
(set: $character's "effective fitness" to (min: (max: $character's "fitness" + $character's "fitness buff", 1), 10))
(set: $character's "effective intellect" to (min: (max: $character's "intellect" + $character's "intellect buff", 1), 10))

So while the documentation at https://gitgud.io/xchange-life/xchange-life/-/blob/main/project/twee/core/utility/passage tags.twee tells you to manipulate the effective stats directly, you really wanna add any buffs to "intellect/fitness/charm buff" instead. I don't know what the proper channel is to let Aphrodite know (I'm not on discord either) so if anyone wants to give them the heads up that'd be cool!

Here's how I edited the passage that seems to work fine:

:: drug check buffs Futility 
{
  (css:"display:none")[
      (set:$character's "intellect buff" to it - 4)
      (set:$character's "fitness buff" to it - 6)
      (set:$intellect_buffs to it + (a:"-4 from drug"))
      (set:$fitness_buffs to it + (a:"-6 from drug"))]
}

On 2/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, Taliontt said:

Hey, is the mod updated for v0.19? I tried the mod a couple versions back and it seemed to end the resistance pill effect early when a drug my character was on wore off (Cockup in this case). Though that might've been an issue related to the drug mod in particular or completely unrelated.

The experimental 0.7 version is for XCL 0.19. I think the last version that 006 worked with was 0.18b.

There were a lot of changes made, so it's still buggy. Resistance pills should work now that BR Pills has updated, and the Caliente, Futility, and Yes drugs are all currently included in the 0.7.4 CODE file, just for ease of downloading and testing.

You do need to make sure you're using Flip's Drug Framework 2, rather than my old version, as that one won't work with most of the drugs.

Edited by emes

Found a minor bug in "Y Spike Fun v007 - Bar Sex - Basic.twee" line 272: 

(set:$npcs's "cock" to "out")

There's an superfluous "s" there, which adds an entry to the "$npcs" variable instead of setting the current npc's cock to out.

I believe this causes issues when the "$npcs" variable is traversed in other parts of the game, including the bug you mentioned here.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:14 PM, necodrumi said:

Found a minor bug in "Y Spike Fun v007 - Bar Sex - Basic.twee" line 272: 

(set:$npcs's "cock" to "out")

There's an superfluous "s" there, which adds an entry to the "$npcs" variable instead of setting the current npc's cock to out.

I believe this causes issues when the "$npcs" variable is traversed in other parts of the game, including the bug you mentioned here.

Oh, that's a hell of a catch. Never would have noticed that. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Indarello said:

According to changelog, from version 0.7.0 to 0.7.7 there were no new content and events added?
If so do you have planned date for new content ?

Those 7 updates were all bug and balancing fixes. There's currently no plan to add additional content right now. Not that I don't have ideas, but I don't always have time to work on it more than I already need to.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:58 AM, Megumin. said:

Wait what? There's mod load orders? How do you even change them?

Gotta go old-school: Alphabetical by file name. 

Most of my mods start with "XCL" as a way of getting them a bit lower in the load order. For the Mult-char mod, I just remove the XCL they have appended to the front, and that fixes it. (Do make sure 'MultipleCharacters' don't have a space between them, though, as Spike fun looks for that.)

4 hours ago, emes said:

Most of my mods start with "XCL" as a way of getting them a bit lower in the load order. For the Mult-char mod, I just remove the XCL they have appended to the front, and that fixes it. (Do make sure 'MultipleCharacters' don't have a space between them, though, as Spike fun looks for that.)

Is this normal?

image (1).png

Edited by Megumin.
14 hours ago, Megumin. said:

Is this normal?

image (1).png

Yes. I haven't found a way to get the mod loader to not freak people out over the overwrites. Those are intentional.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 9:14 PM, emes said:

Thank you SO much for that bit of info! I could kiss you but, well... I have cum breath ;)

Edit: That cut down my mod conflicts in half!

Edited by ButchDiavolo

'Morning @emes. With your helpful information, I have been able to eliminate most of the conflicts I had. There is one tiny hindrance left, which is that as a female I can't access the pill inventory. I simply get a message saying "You are female already" and the button just disappears and the being female message remains. Since this mod is overwriting all the other spike/drug mods, I am wondering if this could be coming from Spike Fun? If so, how can I change/ fix it?

8 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

'Morning @emes. With your helpful information, I have been able to eliminate most of the conflicts I had. There is one tiny hindrance left, which is that as a female I can't access the pill inventory. I simply get a message saying "You are female already" and the button just disappears and the being female message remains. Since this mod is overwriting all the other spike/drug mods, I am wondering if this could be coming from Spike Fun? If so, how can I change/ fix it?

I think that's base-game functionality, isn't it? You can't take any gender-swapping pills because you've already had your gender swapped.

Anyway, Drug Framework is the one that edits your inventory to add the "Drugs" option. Spike Fun doesn't touch it.

2 hours ago, emes said:

I think that's base-game functionality, isn't it? You can't take any gender-swapping pills because you've already had your gender swapped.

Anyway, Drug Framework is the one that edits your inventory to add the "Drugs" option. Spike Fun doesn't touch it.

Ah, I guess I just hadn't noticed it before. Sorry for "incriminating" you and your most excellent mod. And once again, thank you for the info you gave about being able to change the mod load order and explaining how to do that, It really changed the game.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Indarello said:

Spend few hr trying to trigger new events without success, maybe did something wrong, or I dont know.
Is it possible to disable trigger of base scenes and receive only story scenes?

It might be possible, but I don't know what would happen... I'd imagine there'd be a good chance it would just break things.

I do need to change how the one scene is triggered, as I wasn't really thinking when I added it to that event pool; not the best decision I've made.