[Mod][XCL] Spike Fun

15 hours ago, Indarello said:

Hi great mod, please provide walkthrough how to achieve new stories.
I think I was not able to reach anything except when you are drugged and forced to chat few people before leave bar (first image).
Have not been able to reach Simon dialog (second image) and x-change promo girl (image 5)

Also do you think this is ok that there so many conflicts? I installed mods that were recommended

Most of it is just RNG. The X-Change promo girl is just one of the random interruptions than can occur when trying to approach a bar girl.

The one with "Simon" (NPC names are random), is a bit different, as it's a special encounter:

Spoiler

It has a higher chance of happening the more you raise your notoriety with drink spikers. Successfully reporting them to the police (especially if you do it in the bar, rather than the mall) and preventing them from spiking girls will raise your notoriety with them. They basically hit you with some severe punishments.

There are a few other stories that are just picked at random. Such as...

• Spoiler
    • Some guys who like women who look like Scarlit or Blake might make you like one of them.
    • Another will do Rae or Jade, but there's a more involved start to the story.
    • A group of nerds will drug you and try to turn you into their dream girl.
    • A group of small-dicked guys have heard about the HGH effect (appropriate mod required), and will try to see if they can trigger it on you.
    • One rare encounter (with the Pharm mod) will have the guy try to turn you into a breeding slut.

There are a few other planned ones, but I didn't finish getting them set up, due to how involved some of them would have been.

Thanks for the mod! The story part looks great so far, and I didn't encounter any serious bugs.

I found a slight "incompatibility" with Demo Experiments: it relies on the "take pill" global event, but your transform passages don't have the original line from :: take pill:

(set:$global_events to it - (a:"take pill"))(set:$global_events to it + (a:"take pill"))

So if you only take the pill through spikes, then you will never get hypno and pool demos. I think taking the pill should count even if it's forced, and I didn't find any uses of that event anyway, so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Edited by Vigor

"The non-con sex sequence is experimental; it's essentially a "reskin" of the transactional sex passages of the game. As such, it doesn't function entirely as it should, and may hurt the tone of the scene. Consider it a proof-of-concept until it can be improved on."

So what did you have in mind with the non-con sex scenes? I'm curious about what you could improve.

22 hours ago, Megumin. said:

"The non-con sex sequence is experimental; it's essentially a "reskin" of the transactional sex passages of the game. As such, it doesn't function entirely as it should, and may hurt the tone of the scene. Consider it a proof-of-concept until it can be improved on."

So what did you have in mind with the non-con sex scenes? I'm curious about what you could improve.

Well, I did quite a few changes since I made that post, but it was just cosmetic things like turning "dirty talk" into "complain/protest his actions," etc. Game-mechanics wise, it still acts like you're participating.

The mini-game is still the "don't be too loud or you'll get caught" game, but I've disabled the chance of being caught...so it really doesn't do anything. I'd prefer for there to be an actual "try not to cum" mini-game that you could use to prevent orgasms (as many of the side effects are tied to that).

Pie-in-the-sky ideas would be to have more positions as well, since the bar hook-ups are fairly limited compared, and you tend to get the same footage over and over.

Most of this stuff is either beyond my skills or what I've got the time and energy to devote to working on. 😑

Sometimes I get this weird screen bug I can't get out from:

Spoiler

spike_1.png.9466d2c2e133d446460fd4655ee73670.png

spike_2.png.7c4e09d06704ada087ac8f14b5663839.png

First screen displays normally, there are left and right panels. But when I click "What's going on?", then the next screen is fullscreen without left and right panels, and the button doesn't work. Also I had to edit the room image and reduce it height, otherwise it takes 100% of space.

I tried to find the issue myself, but still not sure what causes it. Maybe something to do with (display:"next")? But I'm pretty sure I've seen this working normally in some cases 🤔

1 hour ago, Vigor said:

I tried to find the issue myself, but still not sure what causes it. Maybe something to do with (display:"next")? But I'm pretty sure I've seen this working normally in some cases 🤔

I'm not sure why the "Next" button wouldn't work, unless I did something really wrong there. As for the side panels disappearing, there are two ways to do a transition (display next vs change screen, I think), and this usually means I picked the wrong one.

12 hours ago, gegedu16 said:

bonjour je vien de decouvrir ce forum et je voi que tu annonce pour que sa marche il faut telecharger autre mode mais tu ne dit pas comment on Les install

Traduction automatique (Désolé, je ne comprends pas le français.) :

Tous les mods de ce jeu sont installés avec le même utilitaire :

Voici un guide sur la façon d'installer les mods :

https://x-change.life/wiki/docs/mods/

11 hours ago, testry said:

Is it normal or a bug that after getting given a Clone pill from a random spike event, when the pill expired I turned back into the male version of the cloned character, and not to my original?

There is a side effect that makes it possible for the DNA to become permanent if you have X-number of orgasms. You should get a message that pops if you trigger it.

5 hours ago, emes said:

There is a side effect that makes it possible for the DNA to become permanent if you have X-number of orgasms. You should get a message that pops if you trigger it.

Oh interesting! I must have just missed that message.

I don't know then if that would make this a bug or not, but the New-U machine & I think a few other places in-game still seems to think the character is their original DNA

13 hours ago, testry said:

Oh interesting! I must have just missed that message.

I don't know then if that would make this a bug or not, but the New-U machine & I think a few other places in-game still seems to think the character is their original DNA

Odd. Don't know why they would. The mechanic I use is the same as the New-U machine when it makes DNA permanent.

16 hours ago, emes said:

Odd. Don't know why they would. The mechanic I use is the same as the New-U machine when it makes DNA permanent.

Interesting. Maybe a bug in the original game? Screenshot:

Spoiler

Untitled.png

Edited by testry
screenshot behind spoiler

Just a heads up: In testing on the infinite orgasm bug, it looks like the Quivering Orgasm mod is causing some problems--it should be causing the guy to climax, but, instead, it's just resetting his pleasure (at least in my tests), Removing it has allowed me to get past it again.

3 hours ago, emes said:

Just a heads up: In testing on the infinite orgasm bug, it looks like the Quivering Orgasm mod is causing some problems--it should be causing the guy to climax, but, instead, it's just resetting his pleasure (at least in my tests), Removing it has allowed me to get past it again.

Quivering Orgasms is a very raw mod which needs many fixes, although I like its idea... Most of the time you shouldn't even gain the effect because there is no $orgasms variable or even an NPC (e.g. I gained it during secretary job). I made a few fixes, but then realized my character almost never orgasms 3 times before NPC, so never got to test it properly :D

Edited by Vigor
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems as though most encounters at home lead to an issue that repeats options during sex where none of the options do anything but send you back to the same bugged set of options.

The conflict I can only guess has something to do with this line in the mod results:

BR Pill Mod: (V18.BR.pills.mod.twee)

Conflicts with XCL Spike Fun v0.7.2.xcl on [sex transactional oral interrupt, sex transactional persuade oral, sex transactional check his action, start sexual encounter, npc cock effects, bonus pleasure SE, bonus SE, sex transactional orgasm text, sex transactional orgasm aftershock text, sex orgasm, masturbate orgasm, check spike, workplace spike occurs, NPC invites himself].

Has anyone tested this against Bar Drugging mod by @portinari? It seems like both have similar theme, I was wondering if there are any areas where they could conflict. I like the ideas behind both and if possible would like to use them together.

What's the difference between .zip and .xcl files with the same name? What is xcl files purpose?

What are the current installation instructions? The ones at the bottom appear to be outdated (?). There are two media files with two different versions none of which matches the current mod version. There is also a single xcl file marked as 0.7.3 (so a current version) but it has no description and it is unknown what does it do. Could you please update the description to make it clearer?

Edited by belegost
1 hour ago, belegost said:

Has anyone tested this against Bar Drugging mod by @portinari? It seems like both have similar theme, I was wondering if there are any areas where they could conflict. I like the ideas behind both and if possible would like to use them together.

What's the difference between .zip and .xcl files with the same name? What is xcl files purpose?

What are the current installation instructions? The ones at the bottom appear to be outdated (?). There are two media files with two different versions none of which matches the current mod version. There is also a single xcl file marked as 0.7.3 (so a current version) but it has no description and it is unknown what does it do. Could you please update the description to make it clearer?

Bar Drugging is not supposed to conflict in any way, though you will probably get a lot of spikes with both going at the same time.

XCL files are just ZIP files that have been renamed.

There are two versions of Spike Fun currently available: The old 006 and the 0.7+ (I've updated the numbering to be a bit more along the lines of proper software revisions).

006 has tons of files. Technically, 0.7+ has many more, but they're inside the zip file to help prevent confusion. So, for installing the experimental build, you'll need:

• The media file, that has all the images. (Currently numbered 0.7.0)
  • The code file, that has all of the TWEE stuff (currently numbered 0.7.3)

For the prior version, you can follow the existing instructions.

2 hours ago, emes said:

So, for installing the experimental build, you'll need:

• The media file, that has all the images. (Currently numbered 0.7.0)
  • The code file, that has all of the TWEE stuff (currently numbered 0.7.3)

For the prior version, you can follow the existing instructions.

I understand now. Thank you for the explanation. However it would be really appreciated if those instructions were clearly stated in the description to prevent such questions in the future. Otherwise with two versions hanging there it really is confusing.

13 minutes ago, gumeyber said:

BR Pill mod and XCL spike fun v0.7.3xcl are conflicting with one another, they are both updated so I dont understand what I did wrong. 

Nothing wrong. Spike Fun overwrites parts of BR Pills in places. It's intentional.

Hey, is the mod updated for v0.19? I tried the mod a couple versions back and it seemed to end the resistance pill effect early when a drug my character was on wore off (Cockup in this case). Though that might've been an issue related to the drug mod in particular or completely unrelated.

1 hour ago, Taliontt said:

Hey, is the mod updated for v0.19? I tried the mod a couple versions back and it seemed to end the resistance pill effect early when a drug my character was on wore off (Cockup in this case). Though that might've been an issue related to the drug mod in particular or completely unrelated.

Did some testing on the new version (only tested the included drugs, not Cockup this time) and this problem didn't occur. However I noticed that the futility drug's stat effects are not being applied. I have all the required mods loaded so I'm not sure what's up with that.