Hello people. I got a "problem"  with Bodyslide that is honestly making me crazy

So what happens is, lets say for example im using a follower that comes with its own Bodyslide preset, So in Bodyslide I go and build the meshes for any kind of armor

Then I go in game, and make the Follower equip the clothes, and what I notice is that when I compare the Nude body of the follower vs The body with the armor equipped (The one I built the meshes for before) I notice that the breasts are not the same size as the nude body, every other body part looks the same, except for the breasts

They look slighty smaller compared to the nude body, so what Ive been doing this far is just playing with the sliders to make it as accurate as the Nude body but its kind of a hassle tbh

Is there a easier way to make the Clothes fit a preset the same as the nude body?

Btw I have tried this with quite a few different followers and it happens on all of them, UNP and BHUNP, also with a ton of different clothes and armors

The naked body is also its own "armor set" you have to build in BS. The thing is if a follower uses a custom body it likely has a different file path than the default ones, so what you build in BS won't apply there. What you can do is a) edit the plugin so the follower uses the default body, or b) copy the body meshes you built in BS into the follower's mod files to replace the follower's original body meshes with your own (you'd have to do this whenever you change BS presets, but not if you add new armors).

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

The naked body is also its own "armor set" you have to build in BS. The thing is if a follower uses a custom body it likely has a different file path than the default ones, so what you build in BS won't apply there. What you can do is a) edit the plugin so the follower uses the default body, or b) copy the body meshes you built in BS into the follower's mod files to replace the follower's original body meshes with your own (you'd have to do this whenever you change BS presets, but not if you add new armors).

Ty, Okay, So I tried putting the meshes in the body and it worked

Now both the nude and armor body have the same body (clothes body)

But is there a way to have it the other way around? To have the clothes body be the same as the nude body?

yes and  no. You can edit all the armor entries to use a specific body using Outfit Studio (the other part of Bodyslide and Outfit Studio), but it's work most of us aren't going to do. Far easier to just fit and build meshes as needed in Bodyslide.

But if you're interested, do a widenet search on the topic and I'm sure you'll find instruction on how to do it. Look for "replace reference body"

12 hours ago, xxthexostoxx said:

But is there a way to have it the other way around? To have the clothes body be the same as the nude body?

That should be done by using BS already. You need to copy the naked body from your default file path into the follower's mod files because the follower uses body meshes BS isn't able to alter, any armor or clothing items you build in BS should also work for that follower, or any other actor who uses that item (unless the outfit in question doesn't has BS files or you forgot to build all your stuff in BS.

Build everything using the same preset in BS if that's what you want (if you're using OBody or other mod to apply body presets dinamically you need to do something else).

Then copy the nude body meshes from your default path (the ones you get out of BS) into the follower's mod files.

That should give you a consistent body shape across naked and cothed meshes.

On 9/4/2023 at 9:46 AM, Just Don't said:

That should be done by using BS already. You need to copy the naked body from your default file path into the follower's mod files because the follower uses body meshes BS isn't able to alter, any armor or clothing items you build in BS should also work for that follower, or any other actor who uses that item (unless the outfit in question doesn't has BS files or you forgot to build all your stuff in BS.

Build everything using the same preset in BS if that's what you want (if you're using OBody or other mod to apply body presets dinamically you need to do something else).

Then copy the nude body meshes from your default path (the ones you get out of BS) into the follower's mod files.

That should give you a consistent body shape across naked and cothed meshes.

Alright, So I did some digging and I found the reason why theres a mismatch

I was using this Follower: Onean - Definitive Edition (Skyrim Healer) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Which apparently its meshes where created using the Chinese UNP

So what I tried first was building her meshes using a regular UNP body, and then both armored and nude meshes where the same (Only difference its that her breasts didnt have the "puffy" nipples from the original)

Then what I tried was downloading the Chinese UNP myself and building her new meshes with the included Preset of the mod  using one of the included bodys of the Chinese UNP "UUNP HDTVIGINA" and guess what, now she looks exactly the same as the original lol

So apparently the reason why theres a mismatch its because of the Chinese UNP meshes (Which the original also uses), which creates slighty larger breasts because of those "puffy" nipples for the nude body, and when you build meshes for an outfit it looks different because of that, because the BS Preset used was made before the mod author built its meshes with Chinese UNP

tldr: ?

If the follower also had an armor with prebuilt meshes you can find BS files for said armor, then build everything and replace it in the follower mod's files. I don't see how using the original? body type would help there, but that's the type of follower I wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole to test things myself. Good thing you solved it, somehow.