[Help!] How to install MWSE? (Steam, GOTY)

Pitdeggeh

Hello, all! I seem to have run into quite a pickle!

When attempting to install MWSE for the Lovers and Legends mod, I seem to run into an issue. It installs just fine to the default directory, but apon clicking "Launch Morrowind" on the MWSE box, I get THIS error:

"Could not start Morrowind: Could not create process: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

This is highly irritating! Anyone able to give me some help...?

Make sure you have the latest version of MWSE:  http://modsreloaded.com/mwse

Make sure you extract the two required files to your game directory (where your morrowind game exe is found - that will be in the steamapps folder for you):

MWSE Launcher.exe

MWSE.dll

If you still can't run the launcher.exe then you may need to try the same method that OBSE requires:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

Just substitute "morrowind" for Oblivion and "MWSE" for OBSE in the above.

Make sure you extract the two required files to your game directory (where your morrowind game exe is found - that will be in the steamapps folder for you):

MWSE Launcher.exe

MWSE.dll

If you still can't run the launcher.exe then you may need to try the same method that OBSE requires:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

Thank you! It's working just fine now. I used the MWSE From SourceForge (I think) which was an installer. I think it was an old and broken version.

MWSE Launcher.exe

MWSE.dll

-Double post-

Do you know if using Slof's civilized beasts will work with Lovers and Legends?

I read that L&L Is incompatible with beast races because of the bipeds, but Slof's civilized beasts make them use Humanoid anims. Do you think they'll work in conjunction?

Turns out, they are compatible and they work just fine... BUT, I can't seem to give the beast races a neck, ontop of my headless Dunmer. I should probably stop posting these issues here, and move onto House fliggerty for assistance.

Archived