Nemesis instead of FNIS?

First: Wabbajack is cancer and an absolute idiotic tool people created to win internet browny points from people having problems modding a this game, off of the work of other people (mod authors).

Don't give a wet shit about what they say, they ain't half as smart as they think they are

Second: Nemesis doesn't support creature animations, (at least not sex anims, not sure about fighting stuff.) Both work and do what they supposed to do. If you want creature sex = FNIS

if you don't want it and want new combat animations or casual stuff = Nemesis

43 minutes ago, endomiel said:

I'm trying to decide which one to use...

It's completely up to which mods you want to use. There are things that FNIS can do that Nemesis can't (creature sexy times). And there are things that Nemesis can do that FNIS can't (behavior edits for mods that don't have direct FNIS support, which is most of the new combat mods, but also movement or even simple fixes to the way the game handles animations during movement, casting or attacking while falling/jumping and so on). You can use both in case you really want those creature cuddles but also want some new animations or behavior edits for combat or movement. You see, this isn't a which one is best, but what features do you need kind of question.

The thing is, if you're using WJ this choice was already made for you by the person making the modlist. If you go out of your way to add or edit the mods in a WJ modlist you better know what you're doing, or else you'll likely break something and will have to undo all your changes or reinstall the whole thing all over again.

Vor 49 Minuten sagte Gukahn:

Erstens: Wabbajack ist Krebs und ein absolut idiotisches Tool, das Menschen entwickelt haben, um im Internet Pluspunkte von Leuten zu gewinnen, die Probleme damit haben, dieses Spiel zu modifizieren, und zwar aus der Arbeit anderer Leute (Mod-Autoren).

Kümmere dich nicht darum, was sie sagen, sie sind nicht halb so schlau, wie sie denken

Zweitens: Nemesis unterstützt keine Kreaturenanimationen (zumindest keine Sexanimationen, bei Kampfsachen bin ich mir nicht sicher). Beide funktionieren und tun, was sie tun sollen. Wenn Sie Kreaturensex wollen = FNIS

wenn du es nicht willst und neue Kampfanimationen oder Casual-Sachen willst = Nemesis

Thank you for putting it so clearly

:classic_wub:

I actually used both and can tell you the difference. FNIS = Nemesis when you compare how they work and what they do. Combat animations and combat mods usually rely on Nemesis and the don't work with FNIS. Many of LL animations rely on FNIS and don't work with Nemesis. Depending on what you intend to do you can pick. However keep in mind that FNIS has been around for much longer and old things are much more likely to be compatible with FNIS than they are with Nemesis. I myself still prefere FNIS over Nemesis after having tried both.

Ps: I would say avoid wabbajack!

Edited by DarkBlade13

You can combine them.  But there's a specific method.  My youtube channel has a video about it.

But basically:

Start with everything deactivated.

Activate FNIS and Creatures.  

Run FNIS.

Keep FNIS Data and Creatures on, turn off FNIS Behavior.

Turn on Nemesis and all Nemesis-based mods.

Run Nemesis.

Edit:  I have Skyrim SE, don't know if that matters to you.

Edited by EnragedBard
On 8/18/2023 at 1:58 PM, DarkBlade13 said:

I would say avoid wabbajack!

It is from the Realm of Sheogorath!  200px-SR-npc-Sheogorath.jpg             :lol:

Edited by Sir Bron
22 hours ago, endomiel said:

FNIS for creature sexy time, Nemesis

lots of methods, but always a wonky setup.

maybe it works, but next mod added maybe it fails. Avoid skeletons and draugh changes and updates if it works.

A look at the discussions give you the answer.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60033?tab=posts

Edited by Tlam99
On 8/28/2023 at 11:17 AM, EnragedBard said:

You can combine them.  But there's a specific method.  My youtube channel has a video about it.

But basically:

Start with everything deactivated.

Activate FNIS and Creatures.  

Run FNIS.

Keep FNIS Data and Creatures on, turn off FNIS Behavior.

Turn on Nemesis and all Nemesis-based mods.

Run Nemesis.

Edit:  I have Skyrim SE, don't know if that matters to you.

Thanks! Good to know it's possible.

Reading a bit more about Nemesis... It looks like it's best to wait until it's out of beta...

Edited by endomiel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 9:37 AM, endomiel said:

It looks like it's best to wait until it's out of beta...

In that case better take Lord Harkon's deal, because you're going to have to wait for a looooong time.

• 3 weeks later...