IGNORED

Custom Creature Rape / Trying to get Frans creatures working

*Quite sure this has already been addressed somewhere, but search didn't reaveal relevant topics for me*

I am using Fran and I am wondering (for a long time now - but was too lazy to try to get it work) why the new added creatures are not raping.

From what I remember having read, creatures using compatible skeletons should be able to.

Frans new creatures are using his skeletons, but from judging ingame they should be (nearly) the same as the vanilla ones for most creatures.

So I think it should be possible to make those creatures rape.

Does anyone have a clue how?

Or maybe it is only a problem that lovers doesn't recognize the creatures as usable rapers.

Does anyone know how lovers indentifies creatures and types?

Edit:

Ok checked my LoversAnimPriority. In it the creature path is checked.

It looks like that for imps:

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Imp\" == 1 )

;Imp

SetFunctionValue 220

endif

Frans imps - for example the ancient one has this path:

Francesco\creatures\Francesco's Imps\skeleton.nif

What I would like to try is adding this to the check, if possible via wildcard like "\*Imp*\", but have no clue if oblvion's script language will accept this.

I know this is becoming a newbie-script-cs-question, but hopefully someone can help me.

*Quite sure this has already been addressed somewhere' date=' but search didn't reaveal relevant topics for me*

I am using Fran and I am wondering (for a long time now - but was too lazy to try to get it work) why the new added creatures are not raping.

From what I remember having read, creatures using compatible skeletons should be able to.

Frans new creatures are using his skeletons, but from judging ingame they should be (nearly) the same as the vanilla ones for most creatures.

So I think it should be possible to make those creatures rape.

Does anyone have a clue how?

Or maybe it is only a problem that lovers doesn't recognize the creatures as usable rapers.

Does anyone know how lovers indentifies creatures and types?

Edit:

Ok checked my LoversAnimPriority. In it the creature path is checked.

It looks like that for imps:

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Imp\" == 1 )

;Imp

SetFunctionValue 220

endif

Frans imps - for example the ancient one has this path:

Francesco\creatures\Francesco's Imps\skeleton.nif

What I would like to try is adding this to the check, if possible via wildcard like "\*Imp*\", but have no clue if oblvion's script language will accept this.

I know this is becoming a newbie-script-cs-question, but hopefully someone can help me.

[/quote']

i would take a guess that what you need to do is add frans creatures to your script. so copy paste the script to note pad

and copy paste this in

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Francesco's Imps\" == 1 )

;Imp

SetFunctionValue 220

endif

this is just a guess though, so back up your esp before trying it out

I added lines GSB mentioned for Francesco's imps in AnimPriority and LoversPK.esp.

The Rape triggers fine, but the animation does not.

PC stands frozen and not alligned correctly, imp is still flying and able to attack during rape.

Seems there has to be done something else in addition.

Obviously my insight to the working of Lovers is quite small.

Any idea what else has be changed or which script to edit would be highly appreciated.

I compared the vanilla skeleton to the fran's one and they seem identical, so I don't think that should be an issue.

Can it be possible that lovers cannot find the idle anims because of the different file path?

Does anyone know where the file paths in lovers are stored?

I added lines GSB mentioned for Francesco's imps in AnimPriority and LoversPK.esp.

The Rape triggers fine' date=' but the animation does not.

PC stands frozen and not alligned correctly, imp is still flying and able to attack during rape.

Seems there has to be done something else in addition.

Obviously my insight to the working of Lovers is quite small.

Any idea what else has be changed or which script to edit would be highly appreciated.

I compared the vanilla skeleton to the fran's one and they seem identical, so I don't think that should be an issue.

Can it be possible that lovers cannot find the idle anims because of the different file path?

Does anyone know where the file paths in lovers are stored?

[/quote']

It is more then that. you have to check the full structure first. Where is the creature installed. etc.. But in order to get it to fully work you need to make LoversAnimPriority.esp part of fran so Fran.esm must be one of the masters too. the creature are visible when you open LoversAnimPriority.esp Then all you need to do, make sure the script is correctly looking for the path where fran creature is located.

Thanks for your answer.

If the only thing missing (after adding all creature to the AnimPriority) is to add fran as master then I should be able to do that.

you might need to give them naughty bits too

Also once you have this completed it would be nice to give us lazy bastards a download link.

Sure I will do this - if any good worth uploading comes out of this.

(Though I'm working with a German version right now, but once this works I'll try the English one)

Right now progress is like this:

Tried adding Fran creature as master - no success.

Changed model path for some testcreatures (Black mino, ancient Imp) to the vanilla skeleton - rape works without problem.

So problem seems to be to the different (from vanilla) file path. And I have no idea how to tell Lovers to look and use custom skeletons (which are the same as the vanilla ones, only in a different folders).

Conclusion for now: possible, but my method is quite time consuming, because I have to edit each creature and copy the models to the creature folder.

Apparently lovers is only looking in \meshes\creatures

Adding Fran as master and adding the model path check to AnimPriority like:

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\francesco\creatures\Francesco's Minotaurs\" == 1 )

SetFunctionValue 2901

endif

if( me.ModelPathIncludes "\Francesco's Minotaurs\" == 1 )

SetFunctionValue 2901

endif

didn't help.

No because you also need to add the anims just like vanilla creature. See they are looking for the animations \Francesco's Minotaurs\ not \Minotaurs\ All animations are stored in here vanilla directory of all creatures. So you need to copy various animations to different directories too. That is why i said there is allot more that you need to do.

No because you also need to add the anims just like vanilla creature. See they are looking for the animations \Francesco's Minotaurs\ not \Minotaurs\ All animations are stored in here vanilla directory of all creatures. So you need to copy various animations to different directories too. That is why i said there is allot more that you need to do.

Thanks Donkey, but that was one of the first things I did - copying the idle anims folders from the creatures to their respective counterpart in Fran.

The off-anims that is, but that should be enough, shouldn't it?

You have to make sure the skeleton are identical. If fran made a small change to it no matter what you do, it would no longer work with the vanilla animations. You have to create new animations with the newer skeleton.

That is why someone tried to make human like spriggans.compatible with lovers with pk. But because the skeleton are different this was not possible at all.

That is why I applied the vanilla skeleton to the creatures.

But reading your post and thinking about it brought up a silly oversight I didn't think about.

I changed the skeleton but not the creature mesh. And the creature mesh is developed with the custom skeleton *slaps himself*

So apparently Fran changed some skeletons a bit.

I will try which ones work and stick to those. Creating new anims is beyond my abilities.

Thanks for your input.

• 1 month later...

A little update on this.

When starting a new game recently I gave this another try, because I wasn't really happy with the outcome last time and didn't want to give up.

Don't know what I forgot last time, but I found a way to make most of the FRAN-creatures lovers compatible (the ones which are similar to the vanilla ones).

What I did was:

1. Extract the optional creature bsa.

2. Copy the creature meshes to the corresponding vanilla path (e.g. Fran's wolves to dog; Fran's minotaurs to minotaur).

3. (Optional creatures.esm) Apply the vanilla skeleton to those creatures.

(4. Rebuild bashed patch)

Result - creatures rape and play animation correct.

Works for all creatures I tried (I didn't fiddle with those that are really new like guar, because I think those will never work until someone creates anims for their skeleton).

Works for me without problem.

A little list of what is working for me (as I said i didn't try all creatures):

imps

minotaurs

dreughs

wolves

boars (should, but I am using different meshes for them now)

bears

undead

(I feel I am forgetting a few here, but don't remember right now which)

So I guess most of Fran's creatures, too, are only reskins of vanilla ones and their skeleton is identical to the vanilla, only with changed paths.

Final note:

I didn't find a way to make this work via idleanimpriority, don't know, if that's possible.

Archived