Real or fake?

pandabear

I was browsing google for info on good bow enchantments, and stumbled across this image:

http://i.imgur.com/FajU0.jpg

Now, that enchantment is quite nice. But is it real? With a 32 % enchanting potion, the highest fire damage I can aplly to a weapon is 29. I can, with the dual enchantment perk, add fiery soul trap to get soul trap + 10 extra fire damage in addition to the 29 fire damage, putting me at 39 fire damage and soul trap for however long I want.

But 40 fire damage from the fire damage enchant? How? Looking at his carry weight, it's safe to say he's playing with the console, but he claims to have made the bow legitimately in the thread where he posted it.

Well, i managed to up it to 37 damage for the fire damage enchantment by picking the relevant enchantment elemental perk... :P

But still, it's not at 40. And I've tried exploiting alchemy to boost enchanting.

How did you guys get 40 fire damage? You're saying you have the same enchantments on your bows, so could you share the procedure, please? :)

well' date=' that was only an example for testing that u can enhance weapons far better than the default level. using potions and imtes with [b']smithing enhance[/b] u could without console commands.

Well, I know about these things, but even then I can't get 40 damage with the fire enchant.

EDIT: Now I read about people with 51 damage elemental enchants. Have they found a new exploit? Because the one where you make a 37% enchanting potion doesn't yield such results for me.

I have never messed with the added elemental damage effects yet but I get +91% damage to one-handed weapons through my enchanting all the time. It's sort of sick to equip a dagger with a base damage 20 and be able to hit 90+ damage. It's truely game breaking when you smith 2 legendary deadric one-hand swords that have a base damage of 189 damage and with all the + one-hand damage enchanted items you can have you do 540+ damage every swing minus crits....

Poor dragons don't stand much of a chance against me anymore if\when they are stupid enough to land :)

Daedric swords rule....:)

Yes sir, they do. I was goofing with a second character for laughs and leveled his smithing and I'm working on his enchanting atm, but this time I have been messing with 2-handed weapons. I think the major drawback is I'm so used to swapping between deadric daggers and deadric 1 hand swords that the 2 handers seem so massively sluggish and slow that I might just hold on to any more perk points and drop them in to one-handed perks instead of wasting them in two-handed talents.

What you need to do is level Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting to 100. Then make potions to increase Enchanting skill, then enchants that increase alchemy skill. Repeat over and over, and you get pretty OP stuff.

Kinda lame, though. Especially if you're trying to be "legit" and you're committing so many points to Alchemy, Blacksmithing and Enchanting.

I have never messed with the added elemental damage effects yet but I get +91% damage to one-handed weapons through my enchanting all the time. It's sort of sick to equip a dagger with a base damage 20 and be able to hit 90+ damage. It's truely game breaking when you smith 2 legendary deadric one-hand swords that have a base damage of 189 damage and with all the + one-hand damage enchanted items you can have you do 540+ damage every swing minus crits....

That's 91 % increased one-handed damage per enchantment slot? If so, that's pretty neat, I've only managed to get 48 % increase per slot.

Poor dragons don't stand much of a chance against me anymore if\when they are stupid enough to land :)

Daedric swords rule....:)

Yes sir' date=' they do. I was goofing with a second character for laughs and leveled his smithing and I'm working on his enchanting atm, but this time I have been messing with 2-handed weapons. I think the major drawback is I'm so used to swapping between deadric daggers and deadric 1 hand swords that the 2 handers seem so massively sluggish and slow that I might just hold on to any more perk points and drop them in to one-handed perks instead of wasting them in two-handed talents.

[/quote']

Yea, I concentrated on smithing, enchanting and one-handed sword perks only and damn I can 2-4 hit most dragons once they land. Just dodge/dodge, let them land, shout to stun and KILL!!! I eat magic users and dragons for breakfast, lunch and dinner :)

Plus I have always like using shield bashing, which is truly effective in this game as it will interrupt ANY attack once you have it fully upgraded!

And for the undead - I use a special surprise: Dawnbreaker - fully upgraded via smithing. Its special abilities against the undead are not only awesomely powerful but FREAKING AWESOMELY COOL!!!

If you don't know what dawnbreaker is just do Meridia's quest line. :) It restored a lot of fun to crawling through dungeons filled with the undead for me....:)

Yeah, I have all the deadric artifacts you can collect and got the acheese-ment for having 15. A legendary Dawnbreaker is quite fun and honestly, while I don't use it much I still always carry it as I think it looks freakin awesome when all decked out in a hd textured elven armor set.

One thing I don't understand yet is that when smithing is maxed you can upgrade just about any weapon or armor you come across including 99% of the artifacts from the deadric princes except Boethia's ebony blade. Its a 2 hand dia-katana and would look decent as a placeholder with the nightingale set but you can not upgrade it at all.

Archived