Sarah's recruitment: bad player, or bad design?

pepecristo

So, Sarah's recruitment.

I'm tasked by Falanu "I like my men like my enemies: dead" Hlaalu to gather 2 black soul gems. 

You're given 2 options: Either get them, or not because you'd be condemning people to eternal torture at the hands of a bunch of Daedra Lords & Ladies with peculiar ways of having fun. Thinking I actually had a choice, I went with no. This instantly finished the quest, which worried me, but at the same time, the quest text says "I have to find other way", which aside from making my inner grammar nazi go apeshit, it also made me think there is an alternative to using black soul gems.

I talk to Falanu again, nothing.

I talk to Sarah again, nothing.

I sleep, thinking I might get a vision/visit from the Goddess, nothing.

I talk to Augusta, and she tells me to talk to Claudia.

I talk to Claudia, who claims the Goddess will visit us no more, it's all over, then the game proceeds to kill me and show me the load screen to load up a previous save. Which I do not have, other than the autosave the mod creates upon starting Chapter 2.

So, do I actually have a way to fix this mess, but I'm too thick-headed to figure it out, or is the whole "other way" on the quest description horribly misleading, which will cost me replaying a chunk of the mod for no good reason?

You know, it has been so long I have to check. Meanwhile, don't start again but send me an email at claudia.calidia@gmail.com with your savegame and I'll check how to bypass it.

If memory's right; I was planning to have 3 maids out of 3 enough for the story but had to abandon Bunny thus everyone of them became mandatory...

Mail me and we'll solve it !

Archived