New Starfield Faction videos

Anyone else think these are going to be like the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. cartoons they did in the run up to Fallout 4? Each of those explained an attribute, how it affacted you in the game, and some of the perks associated with that stat.

I think these might do a similar job with the backgrounds and/or traits. These three do a good job of deepening UC Native, FC Settler and Neon Street Rat.

Maybe the next drop will focus on the religions and the difference between Universal, Enlightened and Serpent's Embrace.

I agree with both of you. The animation was a callback to the fallout 4 style of introducing the game, and that is not something I am not into. In all honesty it really felt they cut corners when introducing the backstory to it. Also I felt it was almost trying to do a something out of Cyberpunk End runners and had me gowning  at the screen because I know much of the Starfield back drop with a "expansive universe" Todd Howard was inspired by Red Dead 2 to make the universe that huge and these videos are just another step on how he was inspired. Not all art is flattery. 

While other companies show game trailers, combat, backdrops, etc. This does not bode well for me that this game will live up to launch expectations and why I keep hearing Starfield will have "years" of updates.  

But September 1st is coming for those who preordered and the reviews will tell us how it is. One month is all they have. 

I thought they were fun little jaunts into the world they are trying to create.

I was thinking like @DocClox that they kinda showed some of the backgrounds but also maybe we will run into these Characters in game.

I also expect a Religious one or maybe a look at the Pirating life.