Need serious help with repairing my game

icladel

Hello,

SO, I decided to install SOS (yes...the dick mod) for shits n giggles. Hey, a ton of endorsements so its gotta be good even for a dick mod....

Didnt like it since it caused a shitload of problems. Ive uninstalled it and now frostfall is messed up. The exposure W.E.A.R system is just trashed. 

I read the readme in SOS and only this time did I notice it said it modifies Skyrim.ESM... Wtf, who makes a mod which modifies the original file? 

So now im stuck at a point where i have no idea how to fix it. I usually can fix my own load orders, minor bugs...etc. Ive never (until now) installed a mod that modifies the ACTUAL Original Game ESM. I read a few posts regarding the change in armor slots from slot 32 to 52 or something. But these posts were all about getting SOS to work. People were actually keeping SOS and uninstalling frostfall (can you believe that?!?!?!). How do i restore my game so that NO TRACE of SOS is found?

The SOS shop "morning wood" in riverwood is still in game even though none of the SOS esm/p's are active let alone in the data file.

Any help would be appreciated....

Cheers

If it edited the main .esm your options are really limited I'm afraid I'd say backup your saves and if you are using a Mod Manager uninstall all your mods and re-install Skyrim, or you could try deleting the Skyrim .esm and run the integrity check which should re-download a clean Skyrim .esm to your game.

Those are the only two I can think of atm.

Hmm that sounds strange. I have SOS AND Frostfall installed and they work fine together. Also.. this "morning wood" shop in riverwood? I've never heard of it and I have SOS installed, so I'm wondering, did you really have SOS installed? Or perhaps something else? Did you use NMM? Or did you do it manually? And there's nothing wrong with a dick mod, else how do they have sex? Heh.

-C

Guest airdance

The AP prostitution mod modified the original Skyrim.esm file. That was way back when the skyrim version was 1.7 I believe.

I also believe there were others.

First rule before downloading a mod:  read the fine print.   When in doubt, read the reviews.

Hmm that sounds strange. I have SOS AND Frostfall installed and they work fine together. Also.. this "morning wood" shop in riverwood? I've never heard of it and I have SOS installed, so I'm wondering, did you really have SOS installed? Or perhaps something else? Did you use NMM? Or did you do it manually? And there's nothing wrong with a dick mod, else how do they have sex? Heh.

-C

Morning Woods in Schlongs of Skyrim. Do you have the lite version or something? Cause it's in the mod.

@ OP:

SoS and Frostfall are heavily scripted mods. Since you obviously didn't stop the scripts before uninstalling, you can either revert to a save before you improperly uninstalled and do so correctly or delete that save and make a new character.

I uninstall SoS and Frostfall all the time so I know you messed up the uninstall. And I'd uninstall Frostfall for SoS (don't have to cause I patched them) I'd take getting hard, over getting small from the cold, any day. :P

And just so EVERYONE knows SoS doesn't actually do anything physical to the Skyrim.esm, it injects values during loading to allow its scripts to work. Guess what. Lots of mods do that :) (most people probably still don't know what that means lol)

I don't even know where to begin.... So many mods "change" skyrim.esm It's what mod stands for. Modification.  Nearly every single mod out there "modifies" a vanilla file.  Whether it's skyrim.esm or Skyrim - Textures.bsa.  When they change the values of skyrim.esm they create a esp or another master file which overrides or "injects" the new value during load.  The original vanilla file remains unaffected.

If you still have the morning wood shop in game you didn't properly or completely uninstall SoS.  reinstall SoS. go to the MCM menu and uninstall/stop the scripts. Then wait a day in game, travel to a new indoor location, save in a new save slot, exit game. uninstall with whatever mod manager program you used to install it.You did use a mod manager program right? and then do a file search for left over SoS scripts and files. And don't confuse Sounds of Skyrim with Schlongs of Skyrim they both have SoS in their script and file names.

Archived