Roadrage512 Posted July 19, 2023 Posted July 19, 2023 (edited) I am on the latest version of Skyrim AE Issue CTD when loading saves. I can start a new game without issue, and I can save and load without issue either as long as I do not exit the game. However, after exiting the game and booting it back up all those saves CTD on load. Hypothesis(Which could be wrong) I suspect a load order issue relating to PAHE, DoM, and their dependencies/related mods. These are the most recent additions to my modlist and the problems have only recently turned up. I am pretty sure that I have made an error in the load order or installation of these mods, as DoM does not seem to be working properly at all. I am not 100% that is the primary culprit or a red herring for a larger issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to solve the issue for a almost a week now, and I am not the most savvy when it comes to complicated installations and load orders. Attached below are my load order and most recent crash log. crash-2023-07-19-18-06-49.log loadorder.txt Edited July 19, 2023 by Roadrage512
traison Posted July 19, 2023 Posted July 19, 2023 Hm considering what's in the registers it actually seems like this crash occured while it was writing a papyrus error into the papyrus log. Not sure I've ever seen anything like this before. I would perhaps start by fixing the papyrus error, in case you managed to find some rare case where papyrus actually causes a CTD: Quote WARNING: Mismatched types assigning to variable named "_menuParams" - assigning None Stack Trace: [PHHSHStorage (20008402)].SKI_ConfigBase.OnGameReload() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 0 [alias PlayerAlias on quest PHHSHStorage (20008402)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line 0 So basically, look up what script is attached to PHHSHStorage and figure out how it relates to the OnGameReload() event in SKI_ConfigBase.psc. There's going to be a _menuParams variable in there that gets assigned some value, but that value is of the wrong type.
Roadrage512 Posted July 19, 2023 Author Posted July 19, 2023 (edited) 3 hours ago, traison said: Hm considering what's in the registers it actually seems like this crash occured while it was writing a papyrus error into the papyrus log. Not sure I've ever seen anything like this before. I would perhaps start by fixing the papyrus error, in case you managed to find some rare case where papyrus actually causes a CTD: So basically, look up what script is attached to PHHSHStorage and figure out how it relates to the OnGameReload() event in SKI_ConfigBase.psc. There's going to be a _menuParams variable in there that gets assigned some value, but that value is of the wrong type. Where might I locate "SKI_ConfigBase.psc"? I apologize if that seems like a dumb question but like I said i'm not the most savvy with these things. Though I can tell that PHHSHStorage is something to do with "Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home". Edited July 20, 2023 by Roadrage512
traison Posted July 20, 2023 Posted July 20, 2023 (edited) 7 hours ago, Roadrage512 said: Where might I locate "SKI_ConfigBase.psc"? In SkyUI SDK, which is a bit of a rarity these days. Find the version that matches best and work from there; start with the newest one if in doubt. Edited July 20, 2023 by traison
Roadrage512 Posted July 20, 2023 Author Posted July 20, 2023 20 hours ago, traison said: So basically, look up what script is attached to PHHSHStorage and figure out how it relates to the OnGameReload() event in SKI_ConfigBase.psc. There's going to be a _menuParams variable in there that gets assigned some value, but that value is of the wrong type. I have not been able to find how it relates to "ONGameReload()" (Possibly due to me not knowing what im doing). Where exactly am I supposed to be looking?
traison Posted July 20, 2023 Posted July 20, 2023 Upload all psc, pex, esp, esl and esm files that belong to Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home here and I'll look into it.
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 (edited) 21 hours ago, traison said: Upload all psc, pex, esp, esl and esm files that belong to Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home here and I'll look into it. Here you go, I think this is everything. I appreciate the help btw, god knows I need it. Edited July 21, 2023 by Roadrage512 Removed files
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 11 minutes ago, traison said: Ever heard of 7zip? Yeah I kinda forgot I could do that, sorry my bad. PHHSH stuff.7z
traison Posted July 21, 2023 Posted July 21, 2023 (edited) Missing dependencies: paradise_halls.esm paraside_halls_SLExtension.esp DiaryOfMine.esp Edited July 21, 2023 by traison
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 3 minutes ago, traison said: Missing dependencies: paradise_halls.esm paraside_halls_SLExtension.esp DiaryOfMine.esp But I have all those. I can confirm they were active when I was playing. I can send you those files too if you need me to.
traison Posted July 21, 2023 Posted July 21, 2023 1 minute ago, Roadrage512 said: But I have all those. I don't. Can't open PHHSH in xEdit without all dependencies.
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 12 minutes ago, traison said: I don't. Can't open PHHSH in xEdit without all dependencies. I'm not sure how much of this you need but here are all the esp, esm, esl, bsa, and pex files from both other mods, including the three dependencies. Other PH Stuff.7z
traison Posted July 21, 2023 Posted July 21, 2023 (edited) configmenu.psc is the only script in PHHSHStorage which inherits from SKI_ConfigBase and it does not override or otherwise do anything with the OnGameReload method. _menuParams is defined in ski_configbase.psc and it is set in both SetMenuDialogStartIndex and SetMenuDialogDefaultIndex methods. These are used in configmenu.psc, however not in a manner that would (as far as I know) get triggered during a load. So, with that said, I'm going to make a guess and say that the reason why its crashing is because the alias "PlayerAlias" in PHHSHStorage is None and the _menuParams thing is just papyrus being papyrus and thus could be ignored. ReSaver may be able to view quest aliases as they appear in the save file. I'd try that next to test this theory. PlayerAlias needs to be set to ref id 0x14 (player). Edit: Also, you may want to clean up those downloads in your previous posts. No need to keep ~100 MiB of "mod bits and pieces" on the forums. I'll hold the relevant files here in case someone else comes around wanting to look at them. Edited July 21, 2023 by traison
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 6 minutes ago, traison said: So, with that said, I'm going to make a guess and say that the reason why its crashing is because the alias "PlayerAlias" in PHHSHStorage is None and the _menuParams thing is just papyrus being papyrus and thus could be ignored. ReSaver may be able to view quest aliases as they appear in the save file. I'd try that next to test this theory. PlayerAlias needs to be set to ref id 0x14 (player). Okay, ill see about trying that next. However, a new development has popped up. I habitually run LOOT whenever I think of it when i'm having issues and it is giving me a new error (I do not know the reason it has only just appeared as I have run LOOT several times since I last made any alterations or booted up the game. Maybe that's just how LOOT is sometimes). The error reads, "Another mod seems to be overwriting one of this module's essential files. Please ensure you're using this module's version of scripts/ski_playerloadgamealias.pex". While my knowledge of intricate skyrim modding may be limited, it seems to me like this is very much a related issue that LOOT probably should have mentioned before.
traison Posted July 21, 2023 Posted July 21, 2023 That could explain the papyrus errors yeah. Need to find that other mod and determine why its doing it.
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 59 minutes ago, traison said: That could explain the papyrus errors yeah. Need to find that other mod and determine why its doing it. Hmmm...LOOT is telling me what the issue is but won't tell me what mod is causing it. I have searched through my files and I cannot seem to find what mod supposedly has the offending file. I have even manually searched every single mod i've added recently and still nothing. Could it be a false positive or am I just not seeing it?
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 3 hours ago, traison said: configmenu.psc is the only script in PHHSHStorage which inherits from SKI_ConfigBase and it does not override or otherwise do anything with the OnGameReload method. _menuParams is defined in ski_configbase.psc and it is set in both SetMenuDialogStartIndex and SetMenuDialogDefaultIndex methods. These are used in configmenu.psc, however not in a manner that would (as far as I know) get triggered during a load. So, with that said, I'm going to make a guess and say that the reason why its crashing is because the alias "PlayerAlias" in PHHSHStorage is None and the _menuParams thing is just papyrus being papyrus and thus could be ignored. ReSaver may be able to view quest aliases as they appear in the save file. I'd try that next to test this theory. PlayerAlias needs to be set to ref id 0x14 (player). I solved the issue with the LOOT error. Turns out it was unrelated and entirely my fault why it happened. I tried booting up my game a few more times to get some more crash logs and none of them have anything related to PHHSHS. I do see a lot of "Diary of Mine" though. Here are the last 3 logs. crash-2023-07-21-19-29-10.log crash-2023-07-21-19-37-46.log crash-2023-07-21-19-00-10.log
traison Posted July 21, 2023 Posted July 21, 2023 Those all point at quest aliases that (based on their names) should contain a player reference. Again, see if ReSaver can inspect these and if it can, confirm my earlier theory. If these references are None, its most likely the cause of your problem.
Roadrage512 Posted July 21, 2023 Author Posted July 21, 2023 (edited) 1 hour ago, traison said: Those all point at quest aliases that (based on their names) should contain a player reference. Again, see if ReSaver can inspect these and if it can, confirm my earlier theory. If these references are None, its most likely the cause of your problem. I have ReSaver and i'm looking through the saves now. The problem I am having now is that i'm not quite sure what i'm looking for that's out of place since i've never used this tool before and I don't understand ~70% of what i'm looking at. I can find the scripts and such that are attached to the offending mods but I don't know what to look for. EDIT: Ive looked through most of the stuff in HSH and DoM, and as far as I can tell, nothing is out of place. Chances are I missed something(probably something very important) since I don't really know what i'm looking at and if something is out of place I doubt i'd recognize it. Edited July 21, 2023 by Roadrage512
traison Posted July 22, 2023 Posted July 22, 2023 Script Instances -> C -> configmenu ::PlayerAlias_var Value is presumably something other than a reference to SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias, or maybe the entire entry is missing.
Roadrage512 Posted July 22, 2023 Author Posted July 22, 2023 1 hour ago, traison said: Script Instances -> C -> configmenu ::PlayerAlias_var Value is presumably something other than a reference to SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias, or maybe the entire entry is missing. Yeah it seems to be missing completely. No "::PlayerAlias_var" at all.
traison Posted July 22, 2023 Posted July 22, 2023 The unfortunate thing with that is that I don't really know why that would be the case, or how to fix it properly. I do however think that the cause of your ctd's is disappearing quest aliases - specifically those holding a reference to the player actor. Prime suspects would be: Any mod with a dll. Specifically those that extend or otherwise alter or optimize papyrus. Fallout 4 has (had?) a save data corruption bug, is that a thing in Skyrim as well? MCM autoloader scripts, maybe?
Roadrage512 Posted July 22, 2023 Author Posted July 22, 2023 (edited) 6 hours ago, traison said: Prime suspects would be: Any mod with a dll. Specifically those that extend or otherwise alter or optimize papyrus. Fallout 4 has (had?) a save data corruption bug, is that a thing in Skyrim as well? MCM autoloader scripts, maybe? 1) Testing the first possibility is gonna be time consuming, but I think I could figure it out with time(maybe). 2) How would one fix an issue like this if it were to creep up? 3) I do have this MCM Kicker , could that be a possibility? EDIT: Also I am guessing that my current saves are scrapped and there is no point trying to get them to work. Would that be correct? Edited July 22, 2023 by Roadrage512
traison Posted July 22, 2023 Posted July 22, 2023 56 minutes ago, Roadrage512 said: How would one fix an issue like this if it were to creep up? As far as I know this bug does not exist in Skyrim, but also, as far as I know SSE uses the same engine as FO4 - same engine, same bugs? You'd have to figure that one out yourself. 57 minutes ago, Roadrage512 said: I do have this MCM Kicker , could that be a possibility? It claims to fix slow MCM menus, apparently by restarting SKI_ConfigManagerInstance. This is like coughing medicine for a cold, it's only going to hide the underlying issue, which is Papyrus lag. Fix the real issue instead of downloading bandaids. TL;DR: I'd remove that. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now