playing on se, got the first object Zenidius wanted, he wasn't there when I returned, went to all the quest markers looking for him,  now there's no more quest markers but also no zenidius???  not sure what to do. Especially since at least two of the dwarven ruins can't be entered, you can only visit the outside until you unlock them by getting certain quests (Avanchenzel and Irkthngd).

On 8/14/2023 at 6:58 PM, Mister X said:

Upon retrieving the item, the Gyro in your case, the quest first should ask to return to the point where you last have seen Zenidius. Only when you get close enough to that point, then the quest asks to search for Zenidius and should show the markers, too. That shouldn't be much of a problem, as those points always are on your way, back at the entrance.

Additionally, you never have to delve into any dungeon to find Zenidius, as he always will wait either outside or right at the entrance inside. It's only needed for the items and then he tells you what dungeon to delve into. I tried my best to avoid using quest locked dungeons for the items, too.

One change to former versions: The quest won't show a message in the top left that you've found Zenidius, it just continues to the next objective and tells you to talk to him. In that case the marker always shows Zenidius' location.

I did return to the point where I last saw him, and got an update to the quest saying he's left and I have to search for him.  I'm still having the same problem. I've visited everywhere, gone inside the entrance where I could, and now the quest marker has disappeared.  At Irkthangd marker was on upper door, but that isn't unlocked yet, and it disappeared after I went as high up as I could.  That dungeon doesn't actually load until you get the thieves guild quest. Zen was not outside with the bandits.  I went to Avanchenzel, and same thing happened, Couldn't get inside, no sign of Zen outside, and marker disappeared once I went near the entrance. And now there's simply no marker, and if I go to Urag, he just tells me I have to find Zen.

Edited by MereFJ
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 8:02 PM, sirloki28 said:

After I open the case Urag does his Shpeel but the AI package doesn't seem to trigger my camera turns slightly but I don't move, and the mod doesn't progress, any help would be appreciated. 

Based on those information I can tell you: the AI package did not fire properly.

Normally you should walk towards Urags counter to listen to his monologue, no idea why this doesn't work for you.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, MereFJ said:

playing on se, got the first object Zenidius wanted, he wasn't there when I returned, went to all the quest markers looking for him,  now there's no more quest markers but also no zenidius???  not sure what to do. Especially since at least two of the dwarven ruins can't be entered, you can only visit the outside until you unlock them by getting certain quests (Avanchenzel and Irkthngd).

I have same problem when I tried out the quest.

Tried to get quest for dungeon where he was last marked, but he did not appear then either.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2024 at 2:42 AM, xtro334 said:

I have same problem when I tried out the quest.

Tried to get quest for dungeon where he was last marked, but he did not appear then either.

hello, tried again on fresh save without magical college, got to the point where I retrieved the third item, Zen had said he would be at the college waiting on me, but he's not there, no marker any more.  So where did he disappear to this time??  I actually have the last object!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I have a problem i with this mod. When I steal the key and then i steal the books I am not able to move my character and movement (even camera) is restricted. My character then stay on place and slowly walk into the wall. The orc stand up and stop far away from me. Nothing happens then and i am stuck and quest does not progress. Devious Deviants works fine. I have skyrim 1.6.640 and I am using nemesis.

19 hours ago, Twilator said:

Hi! I have a problem i with this mod. When I steal the key and then i steal the books I am not able to move my character and movement (even camera) is restricted. My character then stay on place and slowly walk into the wall. The orc stand up and stop far away from me. Nothing happens then and i am stuck and quest does not progress. Devious Deviants works fine. I have skyrim 1.6.640 and I am using nemesis.

Upon closing the bookcase a scene should start where your character should get moved towards Urags desk. Maybe some pathfinding is broken, either reload an earlier save or try to wait for one hour, maybe that helps

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Upon closing the bookcase a scene should start where your character should get moved towards Urags desk. Maybe some pathfinding is broken, either reload an earlier save or try to wait for one hour, maybe that helps

I have same issue, my character walks towards walls\bookshelves, VERY slowly wiggling her way towards Urag, then after some time teleports to a middle of pathway and still turns to a wall. Even when eventually she's close to Urag, nothing seems to happen (once it actually did progress after like 5-7 minutes of random walking, but I had another issue with DD equipping, so I started anew after reinstalling)

It's completely fresh save file (started LAL with scenario to begin as the apprentice at college). Also every mod is installed via Vortex, no manual installs this time, also it's SE\AE 1.6.640

Edited by Xenoramos
21 hours ago, Twilator said:

1 hour ago, Xenoramos said:

I have same issue, my character walks towards walls\bookshelves, VERY slowly wiggling her way towards Urag, then after some time teleports to a middle of pathway and still turns to a wall. Even when eventually she's close to Urag, nothing seems to happen (once it actually did progress after like 5-7 minutes of random walking, but I had another issue with DD equipping, so I started anew after reinstalling)

It's completely fresh save file (started LAL with scenario to begin as the apprentice at college). Also every mod is installed via Vortex, no manual installs this time, also it's SE\AE 1.6.640

Do you guys have any mod that alters the Arcaneum?

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2024 at 11:00 AM, Mister X said:

Do you guys have any mod that alters the Arcaneum?

I have ultimate college of winterhold and it still works fine.  I am running 0.5.3.  I am working on the second item and haven't gotten far but, I walked close to the book cases, (Force walked) where Urag put me in stalks.  I do have a lot of mods, some script heavy but, I have a beefy machine.

On 1/22/2024 at 6:25 AM, MereFJ said:

hello, tried again on fresh save without magical college, got to the point where I retrieved the third item, Zen had said he would be at the college waiting on me, but he's not there, no marker any more.  So where did he disappear to this time??  I actually have the last object!!!

I'm having this issue as well.  Have the third item, went to the college, no marker and no Zen, that I could find and traversing to the other markers made them disappear.  Is he supposed to be at the college?  Where do I look?

Edit:  Ok, don't know if this was intentional but, I went to every marker and thought, I'll go back to where I originally found him and he had returned.  I guess it's set up so you have to search all areas before you can go back and find him?

Edited by myhouseatl
Found Zen
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've hit a brick wall with Urag. i got the book from Zenidius just for me to go back to Urag and only have the option to say i don't have the book yet. im honestly not sure what to do anymore after scouring the entire mod page and every comment for any possible solution.

so I'm posting this incase someone has a solution or can make this a bit easier as I've started looking for the quest id to manually progress it since that seems like its my only option at this point.

Edit: Problem solved for me, set the quest to the next step so i missed dialogue unfortunately but im no longer softlocked, still have no idea what happened with Urag tho.

Edited by rycvda
Found the id
On 5/16/2024 at 1:35 AM, rycvda said:

I've hit a brick wall with Urag. i got the book from Zenidius just for me to go back to Urag and only have the option to say i don't have the book yet. im honestly not sure what to do anymore after scouring the entire mod page and every comment for any possible solution.

so I'm posting this incase someone has a solution or can make this a bit easier as I've started looking for the quest id to manually progress it since that seems like its my only option at this point.

Edit: Problem solved for me, set the quest to the next step so i missed dialogue unfortunately but im no longer softlocked, still have no idea what happened with Urag tho.

Yeah, the whole mod still is heavily bugged, TBH it was a project of mine to work a bit with other mod tools than Papyrus. So basically a project for learning stuff.

Sadly, I didn't have much time or interest in the past months to come back to this. Alas, if somebody is willing to fix the stuff, they are free to do so, as long as they credit me and Min. Don't know if I will get to it soon.

8 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yeah, the whole mod still is heavily bugged, TBH it was a project of mine to work a bit with other mod tools than Papyrus. So basically a project for learning stuff.

Sadly, I didn't have much time or interest in the past months to come back to this. Alas, if somebody is willing to fix the stuff, they are free to do so, as long as they credit me and Min. Don't know if I will get to it soon.

I was going to get into mod building and fixing, but the Creation Kit crashes on quest dialog editing in Windows 11, and nobody knows how to fix it, so I gave up. Sadly.