Bodyslide modders guides and help thread

stuffed_bunny

Hello,

Have you covered making a new slider and integrating it into a custom preset ? Sorry if I missed it. Can't figure out how to do that :(

Preset? Perhaps you mean sliderset. I have apparently not written much at all about slidersets, should probably

write a short intro on manual sliderset editing. However, it's pretty easy to figure out. Just open CalienteSets.xml

in any text editor but the crap ones that come with windows. I suggest Notepad++. Then copy a tag like:

<Slider name="BreastsSH" invert="false" small="0" big="0">

<datafile name="BreastsSH" target="BaseShape">BreastsSH.bsd</datafile>

</Slider>

and edit the copied tag into:

<Slider name="newslider" small="0" big="0">

<datafile name="newslider" target="BaseShape">newslider.bsd</datafile>

</Slider>

Then all you need is to put your newslider.bsd file into the ShapeData/CalienteBody folder.

If you have made a bsd file, of course. See "Making a new body slider", or use Outfit Studio.

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like the right place for this so does anybody know why i keep getting blue texture less underwear with little ribbons when i have bodyslide create bodies.  i think its happening when i do the batch build, i unticked any option that seemed related but it keeps doing it.  Only way ive found to fix it is to reinstall sg textures after wards.

This looks like the right place for this so does anybody know why i keep getting blue texture less underwear with little ribbons when i have bodyslide create bodies.  i think its happening when i do the batch build, i unticked any option that seemed related but it keeps doing it.  Only way ive found to fix it is to reinstall sg textures after wards.

It's not the right place for the question, but I would guess you somehow batch-installed the CalUndies body, and forgot to install the undies textures.

• 2 weeks later...

O.o,

Alright, I'll need to ask some help on this :(

I've been using a 3DSMax tool called Wrap-it (A retopology tool) to convert a body to another body and tweak it from there.

Problem is, when I try to make a slider out of it (I export as .nif, and use Outfit Studio to export out as .obj) it says vertex count is not the same? Even though I checked the number of vertices in 3DSMax and they were the same before and after?

Here's the .nif by the way (it's very rough but I was only gonna take the slider data for arms, thighs, pecs (with some tweaking ofc) and belly)

On a side note, How do the command line arguments go for the rebol scripts? I can't seem to figure it out :(

Edit: NVM, figure out that wraapit doesn't work to well with the skin modifier already applied...

7Base Bombshell muscle tests.zip

O.o,

Problem is, when I try to make a slider out of it (I export as .nif, and use Outfit Studio to export out as .obj) it says vertex count is not the same? Even though I checked the number of vertices in 3DSMax and they were the same before and after?

Here's the .nif by the way (it's very rough but I was only gonna take the slider data for arms, thighs, pecs (with some tweaking ofc) and belly)

On a side note, How do the command line arguments go for the rebol scripts? I can't seem to figure it out :(

Edit: NVM, figure out that wraapit doesn't work to well with the skin modifier already applied...

So... did you solve it? 7B and UNPB meshes has 6850 vertices, you muscle.nif has 6894. Kind of scary one too... :s

As for Bodyslide_tools.r - Once you have associated .r with rebol it should start the script by doubleclicking.

Then type a command, or start typing and tab-complete. Most commands then just pop up file requestors.

In a few cases you need to supply an argument, like a block of numbers. Examples

Offset-OBJ [0 .2.5443 -3.2879]

The common functions are displayed at startup. I have a few more undocumented functions...

possibly need to upload a new version too...

Lol yea, I got the retopology tool to work (had to get rid of skin modifiers).

xD, I agree with you on the overall scary looking mesh as well, but hey I wanted to do some hdt 'muscle' movement tests, default female slender arms not as entertaining to test with :D

And more sliders/options never hurt anyone (except the outfit modders)

So for the rebol commands I have them associated and double clicking them pops up a rebol command line box. Should I be getting something else?

I thought it was more similar to command line arguments where you type the file names after the script call, but that never worked for me :(

Also, if you do plan on further developing these tools may I suggest a feature request (if it's possible?)

Have a way to return a .txt file back to a .bsd file (unless that was already implemented in which case I am sorry for not reading the documentation better)

I thought it was more similar to command line arguments where you type the file names after the script call, but that never worked for me :(

Nah. File requestors means less typing.

Also, if you do plan on further developing these tools may I suggest a feature request (if it's possible?)

Have a way to return a .txt file back to a .bsd file (unless that was already implemented in which case I am sorry for not reading the documentation better)

You actually want to edit slider files manually? :blink:

Use a hex editor. :P

• 1 month later...

This may be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get the Tali armor on the Nexus to be bodyslide compatible. It's only exists as a CBBE slim 0 weight as downloaded, and I can't find a conversion of any other kind at all. How exactly do I go about using your CB_convert.xml in OS to get it to the base shape?  I can convert it to Slim 1 weight, but I'm lost beyond that to get to the base shape. Any suggestions?

This may be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get the Tali armor on the Nexus to be bodyslide compatible. It's only exists as a CBBE slim 0 weight as downloaded, and I can't find a conversion of any other kind at all. How exactly do I go about using your CB_convert.xml in OS to get it to the base shape?  I can convert it to Slim 1 weight, but I'm lost beyond that to get to the base shape. Any suggestions?

The latest set file is called BodyConversion.xml and contains 3 unp sets, and the "CalienteBody to any" set.

Anyway, very simple to turn a slider/shape once you know how:

1. Active CBBE Slim 0, or slide it to 100.

2. Select File -> Make Conversion reference. This sets the shape, and creates an inverted slider.

You can save this set (save project) in case you need to redo this.

3. Load the outfit and make sure it fits. Conform. Fix clipping.

4. Final stage, this is somwhat awkward... either;

a. duplicate body, save the project and use bodyslide to create the mesh (in case you need a body in the mesh)

or

b. Slide to 100. Ignore body, export nif. Then load this outfit with CB Advanced as reference.

Stupid questions from the noob.

Is there a way to have a mesh conform to a body type (match the underlying shape of an area)?

Yes: My dream option for Outfit Studio would be an option that would increase the poly count in certain area's then match the shape of the underlying body (this would make Shirt and Pant clipping issues almost non existent).

Then have it hide the covered skin texture area, hopefully so that in-game skyrim would only render the poly's for the items showing.

Oh and a smart "copy bone weights" that would copy only the bone weights to a mesh that the mesh covers (IE shirt gets torso and arm bone weights, but not leg... and pants would get legs, and hips but not shoulders, breast, arms, spine, etc).

Oh Oh Oh and a "select all/select none" function in Outfit Studio batch build. That way a person could deselect all and then go down and select only the ones they need (IE they pulled new sets from the net and already have they're old sets created for the body they are using).

Completely off topic, but it's a good question about poly's....

Does Skyrim do any kind of rendering reduction at distance on character's? I know it does on buildings and the landscape, but I'm not sure about characters.

• 3 months later...

ive been working on conversions for unp-hmm what to wear and ran into the offset issue with the arm and shoulder pieces. im using blender 249 but havent been able to get the old body obj or the new one to work with the "snap" feature to measure the offset. can you elaborate your method or do you have an easier way to fix the offset without it? (edit) i figured out how to reposition my default body for this in blender but after finishing now every piece of armor i try to paste to it is all wrong. i may just use blender to reposition the armor pieces instead of trying to rework a whole body.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I would like  to "sliderize" a UNP thight boots not slideret yet to  my UNP "heavy thights :P" custom preset body maked with your fantastic UNP bodyslide. I've been trying to do but without success. Could you help me plz?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I prefer to do with outfit studio, step by step, thanks

Hi all. I would like  to "sliderize" a UNP thight boots not slideret yet to  my UNP "heavy thights :P" custom preset body maked with your fantastic UNP bodyslide. I've been trying to do but without success. Could you help me plz?

Thanks in advance

So it's a UNP boot you want to port to a custom body. Check the armor conversion guides

and see what they say about boots. I don't recommend porting stuff to custom preset

bodies because nobody else will benefit from this.

However, if you want to make a Bodyslide UNP set of the boots:

1. Install the Bodyslide UNP Body contents to the Bodyslide 2 folder.

If your preset is made for v0.4 use that, or check if it works for v0.5 preview.

2. Load a reference set manually: select UNP Body.xml and pick a set (UNP body if the boot fits UNP)

Then load outfit and select the boots mesh (_1.nif).

3. Now, do the positions match or do you have a visible offset? If the boots appear dislocated, they

can still work in-game. The reason is that their binding position (in lack of better words) is dislocated

by the same distance. But to get Bodyslide support, they must match the position of the reference body.

(Nifscope) First of all you want the exakt numbers of the offset, if possible. This could be

available as a shape offset. Right-click shape -> transform -> edit. If the numbers are zero,

you can check the bone translations on a calf bone and compare the numbers with the same

bone on the body mesh. if you can't find any numbers to use, you will have to move the

shape in Outfit Studio until it matches the body, not a good solution.

There are two ways to fix the offset:

A. apply a Bodyslide virtual offset, which only works for this sliderset, but doesn't modify the mesh

B. move the vertices, and the binding position of the mesh

A is the easiest option, select Offset Shape in Shape menu, and type in the correct numbers.

When you later have saved your sliderset, you can search for "voffset" in the file to check it.

B will not add an offset to the sliderset, but modify the mesh. First the vertices are moved.

Then the bind position must be moved to match. Unfortunately, the only way to do this in

Outfit Studio is to reweight the boots, ie copy bone weights from body.

( Another option would be to move the bind position in Blender. It's annoying but I once did

this for all killekeo outfits because the default CBBE position didn't match the CB of Bodyslide.

Totally unneccesary in retrospect, because it would have been easier to just switch the clamp

sliders (example LockSeam and Lockseam2. )

4. Where were we? Ah yes... once the offset is fixed you can conform sliders, fixup any

problems/clipping of the sliders, and then save the project.

5. Last thing to make presets apply: The sliderset needs to be part of the UNP group,

and whatever other group you like to create. Check UNP_Groups_Body.xml for reference.

Thanks in advance

So it's a UNP boot you want to port to a custom body. Check the armor conversion guides

and see what they say about boots. I don't recommend porting stuff to custom preset

bodies because nobody else will benefit from this.

However, if you want to make a Bodyslide UNP set of the boots:

1. Install the Bodyslide UNP Body contents to the Bodyslide 2 folder.

If your preset is made for v0.4 use that, or check if it works for v0.5 preview.

2. Load a reference set manually: select UNP Body.xml and pick a set (UNP body if the boot fits UNP)

Then load outfit and select the boots mesh (_1.nif).

3. Now, do the positions match or do you have a visible offset? If the boots appear dislocated, they

can still work in-game. The reason is that their binding position (in lack of better words) is dislocated

by the same distance. But to get Bodyslide support, they must match the position of the reference body.

(Nifscope) First of all you want the exakt numbers of the offset, if possible. This could be

available as a shape offset. Right-click shape -> transform -> edit. If the numbers are zero,

you can check the bone translations on a calf bone and compare the numbers with the same

bone on the body mesh. if you can't find any numbers to use, you will have to move the

shape in Outfit Studio until it matches the body, not a good solution.

There are two ways to fix the offset:

A. apply a Bodyslide virtual offset, which only works for this sliderset, but doesn't modify the mesh

B. move the vertices, and the binding position of the mesh

A is the easiest option, select Offset Shape in Shape menu, and type in the correct numbers.

When you later have saved your sliderset, you can search for "voffset" in the file to check it.

B will not add an offset to the sliderset, but modify the mesh. First the vertices are moved.

Then the bind position must be moved to match. Unfortunately, the only way to do this in

Outfit Studio is to reweight the boots, ie copy bone weights from body.

( Another option would be to move the bind position in Blender. It's annoying but I once did

this for all killekeo outfits because the default CBBE position didn't match the CB of Bodyslide.

Totally unneccesary in retrospect, because it would have been easier to just switch the clamp

sliders (example LockSeam and Lockseam2. )

4. Where were we? Ah yes... once the offset is fixed you can conform sliders, fixup any

problems/clipping of the sliders, and then save the project.

5. Last thing to make presets apply: The sliderset needs to be part of the UNP group,

and whatever other group you like to create. Check UNP_Groups_Body.xml for reference.

A few extra notes.

"Offset Shape" is called "Move Shape (Virtual)" now and both "Move Shape" and "Move Shape (Virtual)" have been given a live preview.

The LockSeam sliders only lock the seam vertices, not the whole mesh, I think.

CBBE v3.3 and BodySlide v2.1a have all offsets and skin transforms fixed and normalized now (XPMSE 2).

I made OS apply all transforms of the NIFs (shape transform, global skin transform and root transform) to vertices, except for the local (bone-based) skin transforms, simply because I didn't manage to code that yet without issues. If that was done, no outfit would ever show up in an incorrect way in OS.

I don't know if you have to Copy Bone Weights to make Outfit Studio assign the reference skeletons skin transforms, I haven't really checked yet.

If a slider set of yours has not been assigned to any group, it is now assigned to the default "CBAdvanced" group. If you DID assign it to a group, only presets of that group will be available for it, not the "CBAdvanced" ones anymore (which you don't want for UNP stuff).

• 1 month later...

I've added custom skinning to CBBE v3.3 female bodies curvy using 3d studio max.

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

I've skinned some of the vertex in the genital area to two custom bones.

When I build bodies using bodyslide it removes all of my custom skinning data.

How can I prevent my custom skinning data from being removed when building a body using bodyslide?

Thanks! :)

I've added custom skinning to CBBE v3.3 female bodies curvy using 3d studio max.

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

How can I prevent my custom skinning data from being removed when building a body using bodyslide?

Replace the "BodySlide\ShapeData\CaienteBody\<TheBodyYouUse>.nif" file instead of femalebody_0 and _1.nif.

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

Replace the "BodySlide\ShapeData\CaienteBody\<TheBodyYouUse>.nif" file instead of femalebody_0 and _1.nif.

Thanks for all your help!

How to add a slidergroup and sliderset

1. open slidersets folder

2. make a new folder, i called mine SLFCSets

3. make a new xml file in your new folder, I called my xml file SLFCSets.xml

4. open the xml file you just made (mine as slfcsets.xml)

Make sure you change the following data....

<SliderSet name="CBBE Body HDT AG">
    <SetFolder>SLFC</SetFolder>
    <SourceFile>CalienteBodyHDT AG.nif</SourceFile>

I removed the groin slider, you can add it back if you want.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SliderSetInfo>

<SliderSet name="CBBE Body HDT AG">
    <SetFolder>SLFC</SetFolder>
    <SourceFile>CalienteBodyHDT AG.nif</SourceFile>
    <OutputPath>meshes\actors\character\character assets</OutputPath>
    <OutputFile>femalebody</OutputFile>
    <BaseShapeName target="BaseShape">BaseShape</BaseShapeName>
    <Slider name="Breasts" invert="true" small="20" big="100">
      <datafile name="Breasts1" target="BaseShape">Breasts1.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastsSmall" invert="true" small="100" big="100">
      <datafile name="BreastsSm" target="BaseShape">BreastsSm.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastsSH" invert="false" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastsSH" target="BaseShape">BreastsSH.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastsSSH" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastsSSH" target="BaseShape">BreastsSSH.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastsFantasy" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastsFantasy" target="BaseShape">BreastsFantasy.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="DoubleMelon" small="0" big="0" >
      <datafile name="DoubleMelon" target="BaseShape">DoubleMelon.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastCleavage" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastCleavage" target="BaseShape">BreastCleavage.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastFlatness" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastFlatness" target="BaseShape">BreastFlatness.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastGravity" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastGravity" target="BaseShape">BreastGravity.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="PushUp" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="PushUp" target="BaseShape">PushUp.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastHeight" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastHt" target="BaseShape">BreastHt.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastPerkiness" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastPerkiness" target="BaseShape">BreastPerkiness.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BreastWidth" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BreastWidth" target="BaseShape">BreastWidth.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleDistance" invert="true" small="100" big="100">
      <datafile name="NippleDistance" target="BaseShape">NippleDistance.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NipplePerkiness" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="NipplePerkiness" target="BaseShape">NipplePerkiness.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleLength" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="NippleLength" target="BaseShape">NippleLength.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleSize" invert="true" small="100" big="100">
      <datafile name="NippleSize" target="BaseShape">NippleSize.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleAreola" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="NippleAreola" target="BaseShape">NippleAreola.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleUp" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="NippleUp" target="BaseShape">NippleUp.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleDown" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="NippleDown" target="BaseShape">NippleDown.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NippleTip" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="NippleTip" target="BaseShape">NippleTip.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Arms" invert="true" small="0" big="100">
      <datafile name="Arms" target="BaseShape">Arms.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ChubbyArms" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="ChubbyArms" target="BaseShape">ChubbyArms.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ShoulderSmooth" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="ShoulderSmooth" target="BaseShape">ShoulderSmooth.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ShoulderWidth" invert="true" small="100" big="100">
      <datafile name="ShoulderWidth" target="BaseShape">ShoulderWidth.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BigTorso" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BigTorso" target="BaseShape">BigTorso.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Waist" small="0" big="100">
      <datafile name="Waist" target="BaseShape">Waist.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="WideWaistLine" small="0" big="0" >
      <datafile name="WideWaistLine" target="BaseShape">WideWaistLine.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ChubbyWaist" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="ChubbyWaist" target="BaseShape">ChubbyWaist.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Belly" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="Belly" target="BaseShape">CalBelly.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BigBelly" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BigBelly" target="BaseShape">BigBelly.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="PregnancyBelly" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="PregnancyBelly" target="BaseShape">PregnancyBelly.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="TummyTuck" small="0" big="0" >
      <datafile name="TummyTuck" target="BaseShape">TummyTuck.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Back" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="Back" target="BaseShape">Back.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Hipbone" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="Hipbone" target="BaseShape">Hipbone.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Hips" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="Hips" target="BaseShape">Hips.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ButtCrack" invert="true" small="100" big="100">
      <datafile name="ButtCrack" target="BaseShape">ButtCrack.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Butt" invert="true" small="0" big="100">
      <datafile name="Butt1" target="BaseShape">Butt1.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ButtSmall" invert="true" small="100" big="100">
      <datafile name="ButtSm" target="BaseShape">ButtSm.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ButtShape2" invert="false" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="MakButt" target="BaseShape">MakButt.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="BigButt" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="BigButt" target="BaseShape">BigButt.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ChubbyButt" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="ChubbyButt" target="BaseShape">ChubbyButt.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="AppleCheeks" small="0" big="0" >
      <datafile name="AppleCheecks" target="BaseShape">AppleCheeks.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="RoundAss" small="0" big="0" >
      <datafile name="RoundAss" target="BaseShape">RoundAss.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="SlimThighs" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="SlimThighs" target="BaseShape">SlimThighs.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Thighs" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="Thighs" target="BaseShape">CalThighs.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ChubbyLegs" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="ChubbyLegs" target="BaseShape">ChubbyLegs.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Legs" invert="true" small="0" big="100">
      <datafile name="Legs" target="BaseShape">Legs.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="KneeHeight" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="KneeHeight" target="BaseShape">KneeHeight.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="CalfSize" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="CalfSize" target="BaseShape">CalfSize.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="CalfSmooth" small="0" big="0">
      <datafile name="CalfSmooth" target="BaseShape">CalfSmooth.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="Ankles" small="100" big="100" invert="true">
      <datafile name="Ankles" target="BaseShape">Ankles.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="SmallSeam" small="100" big="0" hidden="true">
      <datafile name="SeamSm" target="BaseShape">SeamSm.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="ShoulderTweak" small="100" big="100" hidden="true">
      <datafile name="ShoulderTweak" target="BaseShape">ShoulderTweak.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NH_LockSeamHi" invert="false" hidden="true" small="0" big="100" clamp="true" >
      <datafile name="NH_LockSeamHi" target="BaseShape">NH_LockSeamHi2.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
    <Slider name="NH_LockSeamLo" invert="false" hidden="true" small="100" big="0" clamp="true" >
      <datafile name="NH_LockSeamLo" target="BaseShape">NH_LockSeamLo2.bsd</datafile>
    </Slider>
  </SliderSet>

</SliderSetInfo>

5. now open the slidergroups folder

6. make a xml file in there that has the same prefix as the other xml file you made.  For example I made my file called SLFCGroups.xml   (my other one was called SLFCSets.XML) ... Yours would be XYZSets.xml for example.

7. inside your xml file you just made in the slidergroups folder (mine was slfcgroups.xml) add the following code and change it to suit your needs

<SliderGroups>

<Group name="SLFC">
        <Member name="CBBE HDT Body AG" />
    </Group>

<!-------------------- CB++ supergroup (for Presets) ----------------------->
    <Group name="SLFC++">
    </Group>

</SliderGroups>

8. Now make a folder in the ShapeData folder that you chose in the sets xml file you made earlier. For example i chose SLFC folder. 

In this folder will be all your shape data.   I simply copied all the contents of CalienteBody into my SLFC folder, then I copied my file in there.

I hope this helps, it was a quick and dirty guide.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I get a custom body into Bodyslide 2?

I got my .nifs from bodyslide, CBBE HDT. I imported into blender then made changes to breast and butt weighting as well as subdevided for smoother results and more detailed sculpting. now how to I get it back in to make further canges and use outfit studio?

If anyone has a link to a relevent tutorial I would appreciate it.

Edit: I tried cell's suggestion but I get no slider movement and I want my _0 and _1 nifs to be the base. Is this even possible or is bodyslide based on 1 starting mesh ?

How to add a slidergroup and sliderset

I hope this helps, it was a quick and dirty guide.

What exactly were you trying to do? I don't get it.

How do I get a custom body into Bodyslide 2?

I got my .nifs from bodyslide, CBBE HDT. I imported into blender then made changes to breast and butt weighting as well as subdevided for smoother results and more detailed sculpting. now how to I get it back in to make further canges and use outfit studio?

If anyone has a link to a relevent tutorial I would appreciate it.

Edit: I tried cell's suggestion but I get no slider movement and I want my _0 and _1 nifs to be the base. Is this even possible or is bodyslide based on 1 starting mesh ?

Once you modify the vertex order of a mesh, you break all slider compability. Especially if you add vertices (like smooth does), you now have a very good chance to crash Bodyslide.

So, you have made a new custom body mesh. Feel free to build your own sliders for it, because you cannot use any existing ones.

• 2 months later...

there's an armor i'm trying to convert. the thing is, when i open the original in Nifskope, everything is nice and dandy. When i open the same armor in OS, the armor is like way below the body that came with that armor. Any clues what's wrong?

i also copied the armor meshes onto the intended base.nif, where everything was in the place it was supposed to be. upon loading that as outfit in OS, it was displaced again, i then exported that nif again and looked at it in Nifskope where it was out of place too.

//edit: kind of figured it out. had to do with some stuff having offsets

Archived