Bodyslide modders guides and help thread

stuffed_bunny

I have a body shape I really like but I lost my preset save. Is there a way to retrieve the slider presets from the .nif file? or do I have to recreate it from scratch?

Not really technically possible I'm afraid. You will have to try to recreate it.

I didnt quite get a bit in the initial post, is there a way to make your own slider sets? I like how this has UNP to SevenBase instantly instead of doing UNP to CBBE to 7B, is there a way I can make my own sliderset file like a UNP to Dreamgirl? Or even an RCOTs to UNP? I'm not quite sure I get how to do it.

• 1 month later...

looks like you might not be around anymore but i'll try asking anyway...

stuffed_bunny, if you're still around would you be willing to give a quick summary of how you programmed the morph transferring functionality?  or perhaps share the source(although if it's in rebol i'm not going to be able to read it without researching rebol so i'd prefer a quick outline if possible).

i think somewhere in the documentation you mention that you set up a reusable lattice of matching vertex coordinates which allows you to transfer morphs/shapes between models, but how exactly are you doing that from a programming standpoint? i.e. what's your algorithm to search for nearby vertices?

sorry if this is somehow rude, i'm asking just because i want to learn and if i do i can probably contribute something.  i've made a few similar addons for blender, for example, but i haven't made one that uses a lattice like you describe that's re-usable, so if you don't mind, i'd like to know your methods.

looks like you might not be around anymore but i'll try asking anyway...

stuffed_bunny, if you're still around would you be willing to give a quick summary of how you programmed the morph transferring functionality? or perhaps share the source(although if it's in rebol i'm not going to be able to read it without researching rebol so i'd prefer a quick outline if possible).

i think somewhere in the documentation you mention that you set up a reusable lattice of matching vertex coordinates which allows you to transfer morphs/shapes between models, but how exactly are you doing that from a programming standpoint? i.e. what's your algorithm to search for nearby vertices?

sorry if this is somehow rude, i'm asking just because i want to learn and if i do i can probably contribute something. i've made a few similar addons for blender, for example, but i haven't made one that uses a lattice like you describe that's re-usable, so if you don't mind, i'd like to know your methods.

Rebol scripts aren't compiled, so you can just open them in a text editor. There's also the Outfit Studio C++ source on GitHub.

hmm, I'll check that out then, but I'm still only learning C++ and C and i know nothing about rebol.  i'm proficient enough in python to do just about whatever i want in Blender regarding 3d modelling given time(not to brag), but breaking into C/C++ has been a little harder.

that being said i might not have such a need for it anymore, i experimented a bit with some of the sort functions in python/blender earlier today and the ease of transferring shapes and finding proximate vertices is much, much better than what i was doing when i posted that.

alternatively speaking, even at this point i can say with confidence that if somebody could help me learn how to write a valid bsd file using python i could write an addon for blender that exports shape keys(morphs) as valid BSD files complete with an XML file(in other words, automate the entire process of slider creation from blender, maybe even morph creation itself if i can improve the shape key transfer tools more).

in fact i already did write that and it works(although you still have to make the NIF file for the model using nifskope, regrettably), it's just that i have to go through bodyslide tools at present because i don't know how binary encoding works and can't encode BSD files without bodyslide tools, so i'm just missing the step from obj>BSD.  it appears i'm going to have to learn a bit of binary or something(or script BodySlide Tools through Blender+python, which wouldn't be very easy to make usable for other people) before i can do anything.

long story short, i wanted to mention i could probably make slider creation significantly easier for anyone using blender if someone could tell me how to make a valid BSD file.  i'd be greatly appreciative myself, of course.

long story short, i wanted to mention i could probably make slider creation significantly easier for anyone using blender if someone could tell me how to make a valid BSD file.  i'd be greatly appreciative myself, of course.

BSD file format description is held within one of the bodyslide readme's

here's a look at my maxscript .bsd export function:

http://pastebin.com/NMffUP1D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused.
I've an armor with slidersets and with zap options, i.e. zap leggings. I will set this as default to zap, but what in the set must I change?

In the set i found this:

<BaseShapeName target="model_1">model_1</BaseShapeName>
<Slider name="Leggings" invert="false" small="0" big="0" zap="true">
  <datafile name="model_1leggings" target="model_1" local="true">model_1leggings.bsd</datafile>
</Slider>

On default, it is not selected. How can I default select it?

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused.

I've an armor with slidersets and with zap options, i.e. zap leggings. I will set this as default to zap, but what in the set must I change?

In the set i found this:

<BaseShapeName target="model_1">model_1</BaseShapeName>
<Slider name="Leggings" invert="false" small="0" big="0" zap="true">
  <datafile name="model_1leggings" target="model_1" local="true">model_1leggings.bsd</datafile>
</Slider>

On default, it is not selected. How can I default select it?

You can load the project into Outfit Studio again and enter edit mode (purple) of the zap. Then, choose the "Slider -> Properties" menu item and adjust the default values to 100 for both small and big, and save the project. Or just do the same manually in the XML, yeah.

You can load the project into Outfit Studio again and enter edit mode (purple) of the zap. Then, choose the "Slider -> Properties" menu item and adjust the default values to 100 for both small and big, and save the project. Or just do the same manually in the XML, yeah.

Ah thank you! That's what I need to know! Just set small and big to 100 in the XML. Fine, that's it! :D

Didn't know this work for zap options too...

Archived