FOMM and NMM are not installing mods.

Guest carywinton

Guest carywinton

I do not know if this is happening for many folks here on LL but I am seeing it on many forums over on Nexus, especially with Breeze's Male Bodies and Dimons Female Bodies,. It seems NMM is now throwing a Windows Security exception I have never encountered before and throws out a script error.

FOMM hangs when you hit Package Manger, just freezes entirely, so FOMM ET is not phoning home after you enter your password.
I have seen posts appearing on the Nexus with both of these issues. For Fallout 3 I dropped back to an older version of FOMM 0.12.6 found here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fomm/files/Fallout%20mod%20manager%20%280.12%20series%29/

Just say no to the dialog box that pops up after you hit the package manager button and it asks to "phone home".

I hope this helps other people having this odd issue, and for both NMM and FOMM to have issues with installing nude mods in particular seems very curious in deed.

I am not quite sure if the Fallout-NMM is the same like Skyrim's (but I guess it is), but NMM probably would be best to left behind; putting some meshes into a folder isn't that hard after all.

Anyway, the solution you found for the problem with FOMM probably will come in handy and help many people.

Guest carywinton

Thanks Thulas!

Yes I agree that NMM is probably best left behind, and I generally do install Mods manually, because it is a far more accurate method. The two mods I listed above however do not seem to have a manual method for installation anymore. Their "readme" does not even list one.

I sincerely hope I can always be of some meager benefit or help to this fine community.

Edit: Oh btw, love your signature picture , I will definitely check out your story, sounds great!

You should be safe with the most current FOMM 0.13.21. Provided you:

Click no to any prompt for call home or additional info added when you open the package manager. This only happens once regardless of if you open FNV or FO3 when/if you open the other you will not be prompted again.

@ carywinton extract the files and then manually install to the correct locations inside the Data folder.

Guest carywinton

@ ritualclarity Good advice as always, tried those approaches and it would just hang right after package manager button was clicked. Also tried the good old standard install, and the bodies did not display correctly and had the dreaded head body mismatch. Dropping back to an earlier version of FOMM and selecting no after the package manager button was pressed worked fine. I could not get the option on the Fallout 3/ FNV version 0.13.21, it would just hang and not proceed at all to the next window. I may try to just uninstall that version and reinstall it again, sometimes the simple solution is the one I overlook.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

Yes that is my real first and middle name :o)

I am making a fresh install of some games, moving the steam folder etc. I have just as a matter of minutes ago used the FOMM 0.13.21 and it worked fine. There must be some component that is missing in your OS or perhaps you haven't cleaned the registry etc. from the last installs. Something seems to be hanging it up. could be a bad .net file or whatever that the newest FOMM requires over the older one.

In case you are wondering I am running Win7x64  with all updates and required files installed. hey if you have another computer try it on it and see if it works.

Guest carywinton

Apparently either something has been fixed or my install of FOMM/FNV 0.13.12 had become corrupted. After uninstalling and reinstalling a newly downloaded copy of the file off the Nexus, the login is now displayed after pressing the "package manager" button. Merely pressing cancel to this dialog window proceeds on to the package manager interface. I am still seeing posts about it over at the Nexus, so it may also have to do with whatever server that dialog box logs into as well.

FOMM "Log On" function does not work. It hasn't worked since sometime around the creation of NMM. I believe NMM was suppose to be the replacement of FOMM.

When setting up FOMM the first time you click no when you see.

If you have gotten to here...

You have gotten too far. At this point you need to uninstall FOMM and reinstall. You might want to use a registry cleaner to make sure it is all clean up before re-installation of FOMM.

It is a well known issue for those who have used this program for years. It just occasionally gets forgotten considering how often FOMM gets reinstalled.

You can easily replicate the issue by installing and using your Nexus log on and password when prompted (first picture). The computer program will freeze but if you use Control, Alt, Delete and open the task manager FOMM seems to be working yet nothing happens. You can wait as long as you desire and nothing will happen.

Archived