Icasaurus Posted June 12, 2023 Posted June 12, 2023 Hello! I'm migrating from using Sexlab on LE to a brand new Anniversary edition install on Skyrim SE, that is, using Skyrim version 1.6.640. My last install was a complete mess where I used Sexlab for most mods and OSex's base module just to see how I liked it and for my AE install I'd like to streamline my mods if possible. Thing is, I'm not sure if OStim can completely replace Sexlab yet, or even if I should try completely replacing sexlab. As for Nemesis, I know it's the newest way to handle behavior files and has the most compatibility, but I've also heard FNIS is still needed for some things. Are there any resources comparing the differences between Sexlab and OStim, and FNIS and Nemesis? What are the personal opinions of the people here on what you use?
Gh0sTG0 Posted June 12, 2023 Posted June 12, 2023 (edited) About fnis and nemesis: you can use both of them. Smth like this: Edited June 12, 2023 by Gh0sTG0
FauxFurry Posted June 13, 2023 Posted June 13, 2023 There are far more mods dependent upon Sexlab and Flower Girls made for AE than there are OStim dependent ones but quality does override quantity. If there are any of those few that you absolutely feel that you must have for this playthrough, go for it. Kist know that anything such as Shadowman2777 mods or Buxom Wench Yuriana are off-limits.
Icasaurus Posted June 14, 2023 Author Posted June 14, 2023 I've never heard of shadowman2777 mods or buxom wench yuriana
sfdrake Posted June 14, 2023 Posted June 14, 2023 (edited) fnis or nemesis ...... ummmmm there is another and its called Pandora. https://discord.com/channels/872252014002843658/1079244024004743280 or atleast it will soon Edited June 14, 2023 by sfdrake
GremlinSleeperAgent Posted June 23, 2023 Posted June 23, 2023 Personally I think the general sex stuff if better done with OStim, but the quests, random encounters, and the specialized content in Sexlab is better, so I use both! Even though it can be a little tricky to organize your adult stuff when using both frameworks, it's still possible. (I personally suggest using the separator option in MO2 since it lets you sort things into categories and hide/collapse sections to take up less space.) You're right about NEMESIS keeping OStim a bit behind in some things, though the main aspect is it's lack of creature support with NSFW mods. (There are MCO type mods for creatures that work fine.) You can install each mod & it's addons normally, though OStim can be a bit more complicated with the order you install it's animation packs. OStim Install Guide, and OStim Addons Guide + Animation Load Order should make that easier though. The hardest part for me was figuring out how to use FNIS and NEMESIS at the same time. But it's basically use them one at a time while the other is disabled (plus like 2 extra steps but still) Here's the guide I used (it's a download for a document file) TLDR; People say it's up to preference and they're technically not wrong... but you can also look at what adult mods might be a must have for you and see what they support, and if the have a patch/conversion. (For me the Kaidan Follower is a must have, but he only officially supports Sexlab, not OStim.)
BeranabusBarnes Posted June 24, 2023 Posted June 24, 2023 (edited) I use both SexLab and OSTIM NG. The latter is more vanilla in scope but offers a pretty polished experience; on the other hand, SexLab is more kinky and experimental. I use both FNIS and Nemesis; the former is necessary if you want creature animations. Edited June 24, 2023 by BeranabusBarnes 1
alcurad90 Posted June 25, 2023 Posted June 25, 2023 For me I prefer Sexlab and flower girl, since FG is lighter (especially for AA) while SL have much more quest and gameplay mod For nemesis ... it's better but there are too many 6002/6003/6004 errors
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now