8 hours ago, Azada87 said:

This has quickly become my favorite ck3 mod. Any plans for incorperating the new legend mechanics in the mod somehow? I dont know much about modding, but a system that involves slowly spreading something across the map could probably be changed into some kind of mind control power or something.

Maybe the Regula virus has the potential to become a plague which gives a discount to Fascinare schemes or Fascinares some for free. ETA: Or random Fascinared females show up with Zealous/Lustful/Ambitious/Diligent and random physical/beauty/pure-blooded traits. 

As far as legends, it would be interesting if one could involve the most productive breeding female and give a massive fertility bonus to the others. 

Edited by SoCalExile
9 hours ago, Azada87 said:

This has quickly become my favorite ck3 mod. Any plans for incorperating the new legend mechanics in the mod somehow? I dont know much about modding, but a system that involves slowly spreading something across the map could probably be changed into some kind of mind control power or something.

Seems like the disease mechanic is what the Infecta jump chain should have been all along! 
This DLC has so much potential for RM! 

15 hours ago, ban10 said:

Then I use a bunch of normal mods from the steam workshop, main ones being

More Game Rules

First, thanks for the mod, when I first stumbled on it, I it wasn't really what I was looking for. However, when I studied it more it had enough of interesting features that I became fascinared about it.

Is there a specific reason why you want More Game Rules? Is there any other non-MGR rule settings you prefer to change for the mod?

And this question is for everyone: Which historical characters do you like starting with? My first picks for trying this mod was Alfonso VI, and my second was Rurik.

Are we interested in compiling a list of recommended characters for someone new to the mod?

1 hour ago, DawnShadow said:

First, thanks for the mod, when I first stumbled on it, I it wasn't really what I was looking for. However, when I studied it more it had enough of interesting features that I became fascinared about it.

Is there a specific reason why you want More Game Rules? Is there any other non-MGR rule settings you prefer to change for the mod?

And this question is for everyone: Which historical characters do you like starting with? My first picks for trying this mod was Alfonso VI, and my second was Rurik.

Are we interested in compiling a list of recommended characters for someone new to the mod?

I enjoy playing this mod as an OP custom character, usually starting out in the Isle of man so i can use the powerful Elevate the Kingdom of Mann decision to get a fuedal kingdom with raiders for a while . Ck3 is my comfort game so i usually play it as a stress free steamroll lol.

5 hours ago, JohnDWizard said:

Seems like the disease mechanic is what the Infecta jump chain should have been all along! 
This DLC has so much potential for RM! 

I agree. Im actually starting to get more excited for what modders will do with the mechanics in these dlcs rather than getting excited for the dlc itself lol

9 hours ago, DawnShadow said:

Sometimes I invert gender laws (vanilla game rule) then use More Game Rules to make generated rulers, which makes every ruler female,
I've specifically got code that ensure RM reverses back to the same rules it usually has, and its pretty fun to play as, almost harder then vanilla as all the other female rulers hate you for being the only male ruler!

Also, adding another hotfix because Carnalitas (2.5) changed the name of the sex function, again...
Hopefully last hotfix

A few complaints

Why is it so expensive to alter inheritance laws? 75 gold is pretty steep just for one of my like 20 vassals to have a female heir, assuming he has a daughter or sister or something, then hoping the scheme actually succeeds, and then waiting for them to die or having to murder them as well.

Why does the fascinare scheme take like a year now? I understand being able to hypnotize foreign rulers or something in a few months may be very powerful, but the scheme has a good chance to fail on foreign women anyway. The mod is also like pure power fantasy as well lol, I don't think balance should be too, too much of an issue. This makes just getting the realm in order so I can look to other kingdoms take like half a life time now when you start in a bigger realm. I started as king in East Francia at 23, and now I'm 49 and I'm still just working on getting all the rulers' wives hypnotized so I can have every vassal be a girl under my control.

Can we have an option to change the names of all the stuff in the mod from Latin to plain English? It might take away from the whole mysterious theme of the mod, but I would just like to know what everything is lol

1 hour ago, ck3lollmao said:

A few complaints

Why is it so expensive to alter inheritance laws? 75 gold is pretty steep just for one of my like 20 vassals to have a female heir, assuming he has a daughter or sister or something, then hoping the scheme actually succeeds, and then waiting for them to die or having to murder them as well.

Why does the fascinare scheme take like a year now? I understand being able to hypnotize foreign rulers or something in a few months may be very powerful, but the scheme has a good chance to fail on foreign women anyway. The mod is also like pure power fantasy as well lol, I don't think balance should be too, too much of an issue. This makes just getting the realm in order so I can look to other kingdoms take like half a life time now when you start in a bigger realm. I started as king in East Francia at 23, and now I'm 49 and I'm still just working on getting all the rulers' wives hypnotized so I can have every vassal be a girl under my control.

Can we have an option to change the names of all the stuff in the mod from Latin to plain English? It might take away from the whole mysterious theme of the mod, but I would just like to know what everything is lol

You could do that, or you could revoke? Or you could facinare their wives and make them take power. 

Fascinare speed is dependent on your plot power. So get more diplo and invite more agents to make it faster. It was always slow-ish and hard-ish with foreign rulers who didn't like you and were of a higher rank. I would recommend you stay a fellow vassal a little while to build power and spread support base if you start in an Empire. I did this in my last game, and by the time I was ready to become Emperor, I could just revoke/war/steal the half of the Empire that I hadn't already subsumed. Toxokai OP. Pls don't nerf. 

1 hour ago, JohnDWizard said:

You could do that, or you could revoke? Or you could facinare their wives and make them take power. 

Fascinare speed is dependent on your plot power. So get more diplo and invite more agents to make it faster. It was always slow-ish and hard-ish with foreign rulers who didn't like you and were of a higher rank. I would recommend you stay a fellow vassal a little while to build power and spread support base if you start in an Empire. I did this in my last game, and by the time I was ready to become Emperor, I could just revoke/war/steal the half of the Empire that I hadn't already subsumed. Toxokai OP. Pls don't nerf. 

I can't fascinare until I awake the keeper and the new stupid legitimacy mechanic will make the game miserable if I go around yoinking titles all willy nilly. Also, my charmed women would rise up with an upset vassals when I try it, at least in old versions, and I haven't tried it since. I guess if I'm in a rush I can just revoke.

3 hours ago, ck3lollmao said:

I can't fascinare until I awake the keeper and the new stupid legitimacy mechanic will make the game miserable if I go around yoinking titles all willy nilly. Also, my charmed women would rise up with an upset vassals when I try it, at least in old versions, and I haven't tried it since. I guess if I'm in a rush I can just revoke.

You can awaken early safely if you change your contract with your liege. I usually just give him more troops, in exchange for revocation protection. I rarely rely on levies, and if there is war, they go back to yourself. 

@ban10 When fighting heresies, they don't have land, and the war score is capped at 50%. So you can't end the wars without waiting an age. Is that intended?

2 hours ago, JohnDWizard said:

You can awaken early safely if you change your contract with your liege. I usually just give him more troops, in exchange for revocation protection. I rarely rely on levies, and if there is war, they go back to yourself. 

@ban10 When fighting heresies, they don't have land, and the war score is capped at 50%. So you can't end the wars without waiting an age. Is that intended?

Definitely not intended - typically in dev I was able to finish the heresy wars quickly by defeating the heresy faction troops - once they are out of troops, you should immediately get full war score.

That could still be a problem if they just run away or something though... I'll play around w/ the war implementation & double check how base game handles landless faction wars. Ideally, I would want to balance things such that if the heresy faction isn't able to capture any land, then they lose the war even without being defeated in battle...

And just to double check - was the character leading a heresy faction against you one of your vassals? Or some unlanded character from within your realm?

Also, for some more context - a lot of the heresy implementation stuff is _tested_ - as in successfully goes from beginning to end, but has not had much balance testing - ideally I would want heresy to be a real threat / likely to reach the faction & war stage if your realm is heavily non-Regula, but much more feasible to handle via purely the intrigue based regula council position if your realm is largely regula w/ only modest borders to non-Regula domains. Under current implementation, the story cycle is still definitely still faster acting if you have an extremely large realm or something though...which...intentional, but might need to tweak things a bit more...

Edited by OzcarMike
Added a bit more context / explanation.

Some thoughts:

- The book could be made an artifact. This would of course of up possibilities for events if someone else takes the book and read it.

- Some flavor events where the book manipulates the player character could be a possibility. Maybe the PC finds the book precious, or maybe an owned unread book would cause events trying to influence the PC to read it?

- So, I can turn a prisoner into a mulsa, who is willing, but I still take a -60 rep hit if I turn her into a concubine?

- I can instantly fascinare prisoners, and showing the book before the keeper is awake to someone is instant, but if I marry someone that's not charmed after awakening the keeper it still takes time to fascinare them. That seems inconsistent. To me it seems like fascinaring someone in your court should be instant action for consistence. I'm fine with it taking time for someone living elsewhere.

Hey, is there any way or settings to turn off the harem give birth to the child of other man?

Since my harem need to take control land farway from my capital, their huge desire will be easy to drive them to go to bed with other man.

At first, I try to ignore them, well, I have lot of wife to take care.

Until one of my girl go to bed with A Horse. Oh dam, I can no longer tolerante.

20240314221600.png.ea11104cef2c9d37b7e7d76239ecc795.png

On 3/12/2024 at 6:41 PM, ck3lollmao said:

Huh, try and make them like you first, before trying to charm them
The Fascinare scheme has lots of different bonuses, and the Regula legacy track even has a way to speed it up as well
Generally the more a target likes you (and is close to you) the more bonus progress you start with, so it shouldn't take years to complete.
Also, you can use an orgy to charm your targets as well, you just have to convince them to come along first!

On 3/12/2024 at 10:13 PM, JohnDWizard said:

OscarMike responded but I'll chip in a bit, pretty sure any war with a unlanded member loses instantly if they run out of troops, like the Viking adventurous.

18 hours ago, DawnShadow said:

Some thoughts:

- The book could be made an artifact. This would of course of up possibilities for events if someone else takes the book and read it.

- Some flavor events where the book manipulates the player character could be a possibility. Maybe the PC finds the book precious, or maybe an owned unread book would cause events trying to influence the PC to read it?

- So, I can turn a prisoner into a mulsa, who is willing, but I still take a -60 rep hit if I turn her into a concubine?

- I can instantly fascinare prisoners, and showing the book before the keeper is awake to someone is instant, but if I marry someone that's not charmed after awakening the keeper it still takes time to fascinare them. That seems inconsistent. To me it seems like fascinaring someone in your court should be instant action for consistence. I'm fine with it taking time for someone living elsewhere.

Yeah, I do want to override the "make concubine" effect so taking concubines doesn't cause relation loss for charmed women (or women of the Regula faith)
For now, the really simple workaround is to release them and then make Concubine, but yeah not as nice a process.

When charming a wife or someone close to you, you should get a huge amount of starting progress, meaning that it should only take a month to complete.

When I rework the scheme I'll have a look at this.

17 hours ago, imbalilang said:

Hey, is there any way or settings to turn off the harem give birth to the child of other man?

Since my harem need to take control land farway from my capital, their huge desire will be easy to drive them to go to bed with other man.

At first, I try to ignore them, well, I have lot of wife to take care.

Until one of my girl go to bed with A Horse. Oh dam, I can no longer tolerante.

20240314221600.png.ea11104cef2c9d37b7e7d76239ecc795.png

LOL, no more horsing around?

The "remove from harem" interaction gives them -1000% fertility, so you can use that.
Generally adultery is something RM tries to supress, but it doesn't always work.

I understand the issue with legitimacy now, I somehow got two new lowborn wives for some reason and suddenly my legitimacy was crashing down. Now I can't even marry my wives' councillors without being illegitimate. Not my fault I have so much love to share

So apparently it's only bad with lowborn women...fuck. Also the only ways to get more are feasts, hunts, pilgrimages, funerals, court. grand wedding, tours, and tourneys. Seems like regaining it will be a pain in the ass since the loss scales with position. Hmm I wonder if you could tweak the code to make marrying lowborns as the book owner to either cancel or give legitimacy. Mainly to counteract the fallout of manipulating and to allow for a way to sustain it when a world is mainly owned by you. I think I rambled enough

Would it also be possible to allow the magister to compete in tournaments if the female famuli only option for culture is done? I wanted to level it up but realized that I couldn't participate. Is it bad if I'm just throwing suggestions here now for things I notice as my playthrough progresses?

On 3/15/2024 at 8:56 AM, ban10 said:

OscarMike responded but I'll chip in a bit, pretty sure any war with a unlanded member loses instantly if they run out of troops, like the Viking adventurous.

They were definitively factions against me. I think the issue was that they somehow contained barons/mayors, and it somehow counts that as landed. 

On 3/16/2024 at 6:19 PM, MisterGrim said:

Would it also be possible to allow the magister to compete in tournaments if the female famuli only option for culture is done? I wanted to level it up but realized that I couldn't participate. Is it bad if I'm just throwing suggestions here now for things I notice as my playthrough progresses?

I think the only tournament you can't participate in is wrestling, due to the way the game interprets certain flags.

10 hours ago, JohnDWizard said:

They were definitively factions against me. I think the issue was that they somehow contained barons/mayors, and it somehow counts that as landed. 

Ah, yea... that makes sense. I don't do anything specific to prevent barons from joining the factions, but I think, at least for the short term, I should just change the triggers to prevent that.

Longer term I'd like to figure out how to handle them more appropriately...but there are definitely a few more issues which would need to be thought through for lower-than-count landed characters in these heresy factions (e.g. If they win the war, and the county containing their holding is not in the faction, what should happen? Obviously the holding can't break off from the realm separately from the county.). 

Edit: Done - made that change in the latest Git repo version.

Edited by OzcarMike
Update w/ current status.
14 hours ago, OzcarMike said:

Ah, yea... that makes sense. I don't do anything specific to prevent barons from joining the factions, but I think, at least for the short term, I should just change the triggers to prevent that.

Longer term I'd like to figure out how to handle them more appropriately...but there are definitely a few more issues which would need to be thought through for lower-than-count landed characters in these heresy factions (e.g. If they win the war, and the county containing their holding is not in the faction, what should happen? Obviously the holding can't break off from the realm separately from the county.). 

Edit: Done - made that change in the latest Git repo version.

I'd approve your pull request but we're not at work :) 

I will, however, test it.