Modding Help - How to repair a mesh?

10 minutes ago, Gundalypse said:

I am working on an armor port and was trying to separate the boots from the model. It leaves this major hole in the mesh. How do I cover the mesh over so it is one solid object look?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Looks like it doesn't have the "Double_Sided" shader flag. If the item is being worn, this is not an issue as that part would not be visible. Using the "Double_Sided" flag (or solidifying the mesh) affects performance, so unless you need the inside of the boot to be textured, I'd leave it as it is.

Like Yinkle said.

And If you fill the hole with new polygons, new UW must be made too (and probably modify textures).. 

Is it possible to just extrude the last ring of vertices on the top end of the boot to a lesser diameter so they vanish inside the leg? You will stretch the textures a bit, but its not certain you'll notice it.

28 minutes ago, Gundalypse said:

It isn't double sided. Since it used to belong to one entire model and I am trying to separate the boots from the model as a separate item, I am just concerned about the void.

Yeah, did you even read the replies? Some folk...

11 hours ago, Gundalypse said:

It isn't double sided. Since it used to belong to one entire model and I am trying to separate the boots from the model as a separate item, I am just concerned about the void.

I think you can just make som tricks with the top vertices and push them inwards. It will cover the void and close the boot mesh. You can do this in outfitstudio :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Vanishing Silkmoth said:

What software are you using?

Honestly, just use outfit studio.

Import your model: File > Import > Nif

Select the mask brush on top (gray box with dotted line)

Paint the boots

Press SHIFT+Delete to remove the rest of the model.

CTRL+E to export the boots to a new NIF file "boots.nif"

Press CTRL+W to reset your Outfit Studio workspace

Reimport the original outfit NIF

Do the above, except before pressing SHIFT+Delete, press CTRL+I to invert the mask and it will then delete the boots when you press SHIFT+Delete.

CTRL+E

Save the outfit without boots as "Outfit.Nif" or whatever.

Done.