Hearthfire Menageries

-Adds a place to keep slaves/prisoners/whoever the hell you want to the cellars of the three Hearthfire houses. The new additions add 8 small cells, 2 larger cells, a master bedroom, and a guest room (with 2 beds for followers or whoever). They each also have a bathhouse/pool area. 

- I had to axe the Vampire Coffins because they were sitting in my doorways. Don't worry though, I more than made up for it. The very first room when you walk into the Menagerie is set up for 2 Vampires. Either you and a vampire follower or spouse, or vampire slaves, or whatever you want.

-If anyone's seen or used the refurnished version of PAHE's Lakeview Manor Cellar addon or my newest remake of it, Lakeview Manor Prison - this is similar to that, but a whole lot better and completely my own. I was working off of someone else's mod with those, and it had some problems that I could never seem to work out, which made me want to create a replacement for it.

- That said, it is extremely IMPORTANT that you do NOT use any of the PAHE Lakeview Manor Cellar versions, mine or otherwise, with this mod. They aren't compatible. When you open up the menagerie door in Lakeview Manor, you will see a few floor pieces and then the void. You have to use either this or that, not both. You've been warned.

- Also, you might want to drop this pretty far down on your load order depending on what you've got installed. I had a problem where the water in the bathhouse lacked any animation - apparently some other mod was causing it, because dropping this mod down toward the bottom of my load order fixed it. I shouldn't have to mention that any other mods that edit the same part of the hearthfire cellars are going to be incompatible with this, but nonetheless.

- Lastly, don't QuickClean this with xEdit, or the Vampire Coffins that were deleted to make room for the doors will return and you'll be sorry.

Edit: Incompatible with the Fishing CC mod.

If you like this mod, check out my other one:

Simple Slave Cellars

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/22/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim Special Edition, Hearthfire DLC, Dawnguard DLC
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

3 hours ago, laenes002 said:

but it is possible to somehow make the mod simply add a new room, but not change the basement ?

Perhaps, I could try it. I dunno if the Vampire Coffins will behave correctly again, even if I undelete the records.. But it should be possible to literally cut/paste the room into a new cell/worldspace that's accessed by a hatch. I was originally going to do that honestly but I didn't like the idea of "a basement within a basement." But, if it'll maximize compatibility and help more people use the mod, I will try it.

That said, I'm currently in the middle of the first big update for my Simple Slave Cellars mod where I'm adding a Dwarven-style slave quarters to Vlindrel Hall. It's going a whole lot quicker than I imagined, but I can't even begin to guess how long it'll take to finish. I'm aiming to have it completed within a week, so I'll start attempting to put the menageries into their own cells sometime after.

All three of your player home/cellar mods are great cant wait for Vlindrel and hopefully Proudspire too one day. Ironback especially has a nice secluded feel with the snow outside and bath. 

34 minutes ago, esfder said:

All three of your player home/cellar mods are great cant wait for Vlindrel and hopefully Proudspire too one day. Ironback especially has a nice secluded feel with the snow outside and bath. 

Appreciate that, I'm actually working on the Vlindrel Hall one now, it's going very well and will probably be ready within a week (maybe less). Been uploading screenshots as updates as I progress with it on my profile page.

11 hours ago, ShadowProctor said:

Ah shit, I didn't realize that because I don't currently use the Anniversary Edition.

Eh, happens. The easiest fix, if you cared to would be to just rotate everything and put your area where the Paradise Halls add on is.

Another mod that is incompatible with yours is the Hearthfire Dungeon Addon (there's an SE version floating about somewhere).  It uses the same entrance area as your mod.

I second the motion to "make the mod simply add a new room, but not change the basement" as I'm using "Lakeview Manor - As It Should Be" and this way I could have both!!  Thanks for this great MOD, I like it much better than the PAHE ones (which I was also struggling with but decided to stick to the "Lakeview Manor - As It Should Be" cellar at the end).

I really wanna try it since I've been looking for a home mod that allows imprisonment of humans for a vampire PC but the CC Fishing Mod fucked it up. No way to disable that mod too since it's mandated by the game with the update. Don't really wanna do downgrades since it'll fuck up my other stuff that are working perfectly. That's sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My only concern with slave cellars is that when it's a simple cage + attached door, the slaves seem to be able to get out of the cage whenever they want.

However, whenever I've found a mod with a more... ornate locking mechanism, the slaves stay inside.

For an idea of what I mean on the latter, check out the "Dread Prison" mod.