bodyslide "launch the program with admin elevation and make sure the game path in the settings is correct." warning

hi

i got a problem (probably on my side) but couldnt figure it out.

when i launch bodyslide through mo2 i get the

"launch the program with admin elevation and make sure the game path in the settings is correct." warning

First of all i checked the settings and it is correct.

all the "virus & threat protection" is turned off.

user account control settings is at "never notified"

bodyslide x64.exe "run this program as administrator" is enabled in properties.

modorganizer.exe "run this program as administrator" is enabled in properties.

Mods are in a ssd with a directory (in E:\ not C:\)  and the game is in an another folder in another ssd (in ? not C:\).

Every permission except "special permissions" are given to authenticated users,system,administrators and users for game folder and mo2 folder.

what am i doing wrong?

did this happened to anyone else?i googled but didnt find a solution for this.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 111928.png

7 hours ago, zvankli said:

hi

i got a problem (probably on my side) but couldnt figure it out.

when i launch bodyslide through mo2 i get the

"launch the program with admin elevation and make sure the game path in the settings is correct." warning

First of all i checked the settings and it is correct.

all the "virus & threat protection" is turned off.

user account control settings is at "never notified"

bodyslide x64.exe "run this program as administrator" is enabled in properties.

modorganizer.exe "run this program as administrator" is enabled in properties.

Mods are in a ssd with a directory (in E:\ not C:\)  and the game is in an another folder in another ssd (in ? not C:\).

Every permission except "special permissions" are given to authenticated users,system,administrators and users for game folder and mo2 folder.

what am i doing wrong?

did this happened to anyone else?i googled but didnt find a solution for this.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 111928.png

It is not necessary to start Bodyslide via MO2, just follow the path data\calinte tools\bodyslide

1 hour ago, lisander68 said:

It is not necessary to start Bodyslide via MO2, just follow the path data\calinte tools\bodyslide

Are you sure about that?  Since MO2 places your mods in a virtual directory and not into the game data folder, I'm pretty sure Bodyslide and all other executables (FNIS, XEdit, etc.) do need to be launched from within MO2 to be able to read the plugins.

45 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Are you sure about that?  Since MO2 places your mods in a virtual directory and not into the game data folder, I'm pretty sure Bodyslide and all other executables (FNIS, XEdit, etc.) do need to be launched from within MO2 to be able to read the plugins.

not sure, not using MO2, I launch bodyslide directly from the path I gave you. It may however have depended on the Mod Organizer you use, considering the fact that Skyrim is 32bit and not 64. As a mod organizer, I trashed MO2 and Vortex because I read (and also tested) that they give many problems, e.g., that several mods do not load correctly or give errors or conflicts with others. I use Nexus Mod Manager, also tested on Skyrim SE and AE. It does not give me any problem, also, tools like Bodyslide, I start them from the game data folders.

3 hours ago, ?????? 1627 said:

Did you make sure Bodyslide found the path to the game? This happens when you use Bodyslide on first start-up and, as @lisander68 , neither administrator start-up nor start-up via ModManager is required 

yes launched the bodyslide with and without mo2.Checked the game path in the settings in both scenarios.

2 hours ago, lisander68 said:

not sure, not using MO2

Then you shouldn't be telling someone what to do.

I launch bodyslide directly from the path I gave you.

Where BS is launched from is not the issue here. @travelmedic was talking about where your mod folders/files are located. You are using NMM so they will be in your Data folder. MO2 uses its own system so there are no mod folders/files in Data.

It may however have depended on the Mod Organizer you use, considering the fact that Skyrim is 32bit and not 64.

It has nothing to do with 32/64-bit anything and the generic term is 'mod manager' not 'mod organiser' which is the name of a particular mod manager.

I trashed MO2 and Vortex because I read (and also tested) that they give many problems, e.g., that several mods do not load correctly or give errors or conflicts with others. I use Nexus Mod Manager, also tested on Skyrim SE and AE. It does not give me any problem,

There is a reason why, probably, 90% of users here on LL use either MO/MO2 or Vortex and it is not because they like a mod manager which does not load mods correctly or gives errors.

9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

There is a reason why, probably, 90% of users here on LL use either MO/MO2 or Vortex and it is not because they like a mod manager which does not load mods correctly or gives errors.

it may be that they prefer it, but from what you read in the forum there are quite a few who have problems for one reason or another

4 hours ago, lisander68 said:

it may be that they prefer it, but from what you read in the forum there are quite a few who have problems for one reason or another

I'm guessing you're not understanding what the conflicts that people report really are.  I'm also guessing that these "conflicts" are still present in your game when you use NMM, you just don't realize it because NMM doesn't make it easy to identify them.

Let me give you an example:

First, let's say you  have two mods that change the textures of iron weapons.  No matter what mod manager you use, those two mods will conflict, and people who don't understand what the issue is will see the conflict warning in MO/MO2/Vortex and not understand what it is, and come here and talk about how their mod manager is causing a conflict.  That conflict still exists with NMM, you just don't have an easy way to see it.  MO/MO2/Vortex give you a way to decide which texture you prefer and more easily adjust your load order or create a rule to get the result you want.

Anyway, this is getting off the topic of helping the OP with his BS startup.

@zvankli - are you launching the game from the vanilla launcher in MO2 or have you installed SKSE and launching it from the SKSE launcher?  Is your SKSE set to run as admin if you're using it?

Look at the two pictures I'm attaching.  It's from my Fallout 4 setup, but the same principles apply to Skyrim, just different file paths.  Is all of the information in your settings and from the "modify executables" windows correct?

mo2 file paths.jpg

mo2 file paths bs executable.jpg

You'll see also that even though my Fallout4.exe is in my Steam directory, all of my mods and MO2 stuff is on the same drive, but in a different directory (G:Fallout instead of G:Steam/steamapps/common/fallout4).  You may not have to set it up that way, but I do it to keep my actual game installation as untouched as possible.  As long as I set up MO2 correctly, I have no issues launching the game using the two separate paths.

7 hours ago, travelmedic said:

I'm guessing you're not understanding what the conflicts that people report really are.  I'm also guessing that these "conflicts" are still present in your game when you use NMM, you just don't realize it because NMM doesn't make it easy to identify them.

That was what i thought.

11 hours ago, lisander68 said:

but from what you read in the forum there are quite a few who have problems for one reason or another

Mostly user error not faulty mod managers.

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

use either MO/MO2 or Vortex

I would rather ask a trivial question than maintain a doubt. I often see that those who use these ModManagers encounter various problems/difficulties in getting things to work properly . Unconscious installation errors?

14 hours ago, travelmedic said:

You'll see also that even though my Fallout4.exe is in my Steam directory, all of my mods and MO2 stuff is on the same drive, but in a different directory (G:Fallout instead of G:Steam/steamapps/common/fallout4).  You may not have to set it up that way, but I do it to keep my actual game installation as untouched as possible.  As long as I set up MO2 correctly, I have no issues launching the game using the two separate paths.

under all circumstances, file folders still end up in a specific path. Whether it's one or the other, the files are there. 
Also you are talking about the game starting normally but in your screens errors are detected. Here you are not discussing which Mod Manager to use but simply trying to launch Bodyslide manually. I repeat again, that the Bodyslide files in the PC are there, it's all just a matter of which path they end up in, just look at MO2's settings or search it via PC, it doesn't take a school.

2 hours ago, ?????? 1627 said:

I would rather ask a trivial question than maintain a doubt. I often see that those who use these ModManagers encounter various problems/difficulties in getting things to work properly . Unconscious installation errors?

I'm not sure that people who use MO/MO2/Vortex have any more errors than people who use other installation methods such as NMM or manual.

Instead, I think it is more likely that they just make conflicts and issues easier to see, so that they can be dealt with appropriately.

For example, the first time I played Skyrim (my first moddable game) I had no idea what I was doing.  Using NMM, I had downloaded and installed both UNP and CBBE and was using both at the same time because I didn't know better.  NMM never gave me any real sort of lasting warning that one body would override or cancel out the other.  MO/MO2 would show me the warning symbol making it obvious that there was a conflict between the two mods.  Yes, I know that NMM will flood you with a million popups when you install mods, but how many people actually read them and how many just click "yes to all" to get through it?  That's your one chance to detect an issue, and based on my own experience I would say most people miss it.

20 hours ago, travelmedic said:

For example, the first time I played Skyrim (my first moddable game) I had no idea what I was doing.  Using NMM, I had downloaded and installed both UNP and CBBE

It happened to me and, I think, to many others. On the other hand, when you don't know things, it's easy to make mistakes.

• 7 months later...

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION, I hope it applies to your situation.
You go to settings in the bodyslide program, not in the mod manager and where it says game data path you make sure that it is in the correct direction.

In my case that's how I was able to solve it

How lazy to study English, it's the translator