Chat GPT style AI in Skyrim

So, he´s awaiting Olfina-but she can´t meet him for some bla-bla-bla: she´s tied up down in her home´s dungeon every afternoon, becoming flogged by Saadia. No time for a romance.

Her life she spends in secret to be a fantastic slave living for Saadia....

Chatting the NPCs is a time loss-LOL. More better to concentrate at more of one´s fantasy. Non verbal. The story of each character might be in your gamer´s fantasy by using the creation kit, more or less if wanted.

Not necessary to ask Charlotte for Micheal-this guy is know as the last living barde, after his "singing" his body straight got dragged into the prison of whiterun, spending his last vocaloid-sound on a zap-rack...

All guards ever had an arrow in their knees....means that you have to learn to use the bow - shooting more better.

I think I have to find out the secret of all the stories behind this helmet´s characters. But the interviewed guy never has been outside of whiterun, a typical "market-place-replacement"-soldier.

At least are you asking the wrong questions, from my point of view-questions like this can be asked on nexus, not here:-))

?

...and to me this is not looking or comparable with A.I. ...it´s the repetition of all the known facts about all the interviewed NPCs, which mostly are telling you the same things in the bethesda dialogue in a much more uncomplicated way. Force-greeting is much more foreward handling of bethesda, compared with this typing-suggestion.

Seriously this way of "A.I." would make me stop playing skyrim. It´s a typical and one of other terrible "fun-stopper" from my point of view.

9 hours ago, SororitasSimp said:

NSFW-wise? Negative. "We have engineered a proprietary safety system that is integrated with every Inworld character, to ensure that characters do not engage with inappropriate subjects or unintended uses." So no, you won't be able to roleplay NSFW dialogue with Nazeem as he is being eaten alive by a pack of hungry bears, sorry! >_<

In a sfw capacity it might be fun to experiment with it a little however users who wish to experiment with this more heavily would have to be prepared to fork out for a Inworld Ai subscription & Elvenlabs credits to surprass the generation limit/s. In addition, anyone who has actually messed around with AI generation; whether it be image, text, video, etc will be aware of the need to regenerate over and over until a decent output is given. In this case; regenerations will ultimately cost you tokens and tokens in turn will cost money.

AI generation, while exciting; IMO; is still in its infancy and the technology; while it is growing rapidly; does need more time to mature before we can reap its full benefits. E.g. Create a overly-convuluted conspiracy through dialogue exchanges via multiple NPCs to get Nazeem locked up in-game. E.g. Actively affect and generate AI-powered world events in a game via dialogue and actions. E.g. Literally dictate the plot of a game, etc. I'm sure you get the idea. It gets complex. Real fast. Current AIs simply do not operate at the level of the Star Trek holodeck AIs >_<

For now I feel that well-written dialogue, characters, stories and organic voice-acting will continue to reign supreme.

You may have seen that big studios are drooling at the idea of using AIs to replace writers and also that the writers are on strike as a result. Considering this, if we're very lucky we'll soon be entertained by some of the worst-written TV to ever hit the screen.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:42 AM, SmedleyDButler said:

You may have seen that big studios are drooling at the idea of using AIs to replace writers

Considering the quality of writing in some of the recent big budget shows I would argue that would be an improvement.

It's definitely fascinating,  there are smaller Ai models that you might be able to fit into a game so it wouldn't need to be attached to a server to pull it off - but it would still be pretty computationally heavy as you'd have a game ontop of it. 

ChatGPT is pretty decent at roleplaying,  you can tell even the current model to play a specific part and have your SFW adventure.   The free model will eventually forget what's going on in most instances because of the limitations of its memory (When testing takeovers that adjust the personality that is around 12-20 responses until it starts wearing off).

The reality of the situation is it would make a great MMO more than anything.   Something that is already online, and has a constant revenue stream attached to it.  

As for NSFW worlds, you'd have to have your own Chat Ai -  but if all it's doing is roleplaying, once again it could be paired down to a more reasonable size. 

• 2 weeks later...

YOu can already have a local uncensored LLM (alpaca 7b) on a GTX 1060 6Gb or better on a 8b card good enough for NPC interaction... stick it on a small computer, with 16bg ram. 

and you have the possibility to do full ai npc in skyrim. for "cheap and localy" this is just a question of time. 

in a few years it will be either a dedicated "tensor" card, or a function on the graphic card like Physix, there is no doubt about it.