Age of Wonders 4 adult mods?

Age of wonders 4 just dropped a few hours ago. Anyone interested in modding it? Lots of units and hero's to play with, and since its a paradox game there are bound to be a lot more interesting options for more rp options. 

*Edit: knightblade150 has made a wonderful test mod! Really looking forward to where this goes from here!

Edited by Sybian

Tons! There are small icons for lots of buildings and choices, there seems to be semi nude skins built into the game, race creator seems to have them in their underwear. And of course lots of tentacles in the game too. 

7 hours ago, Sybian said:

Tons! There are small icons for lots of buildings and choices, there seems to be semi nude skins built into the game, race creator seems to have them in their underwear. And of course lots of tentacles in the game too. 

There's semi nude with underwear skins? Then it should be easy to add some genitalia.

This game has a lot of modding potential, so I hope we get plenty of adult mods for it.

I'd like to see skimpier outfits for female characters, like the dress with the plunging neckline from the prerelease Mystic Elves stream (which seems to have been covered up in the final version), or a more revealing version of Karissa's outfit that looks closer to her Shadow Magic design. It's patently unfair that there are multiple male outfits that leave them bare-chested, but the skimpy female outfits are carefully designed to avoid more than a hint of cleavage.

Played around with the modding tools, the body is separate from the clothing and it's very, very easy to alter and stack on top.  It would be pretty trivial to create genitalia clothing objects and attach them to the default bodies.

The base bodies are just barbie/ken dolls, the clothing you see in character creation is actually just being layered ontop separately from the base mesh.

Units can be edited in pretty much the exact same way.

Examples of removing clothing pieces:

2023-05-07 17_43_04-Age of Wonders 4.png

2023-05-07 17_43_47-Age of Wonders 4.png

Edited by knightblade150
1 hour ago, knightblade150 said:

Played around with the modding tools, the body is separate from the clothing and it's very, very easy to alter and stack on top.  It would be pretty trivial to create genitalia clothing objects and attach them to the default bodies.

The base bodies are just barbie/ken dolls, the clothing you see in character creation is actually just being layered ontop separately from the base mesh.

2023-05-07 17_43_04-Age of Wonders 4.png

2023-05-07 17_43_47-Age of Wonders 4.png

Nice, can you please make some nude skins?

I think I'm gonna start making a few adult-themed race/leader traits (a new horny culture being the obvious choice), playing around with events and eventually changing the flavor of a few mechanics. I got the modding guide, will explore the game for a few days then start working on something small. As I progress I'll return here to keep you guys posted 

1 hour ago, Kathylady said:

Nice, can you please make some nude skins?

No, I have no artistic ability. This was just a proof of concept. Someone needs to go into the female skin texture entry and replace the existing barbie doll diffusion map (and preferably normal map) with a detailed one.

4 hours ago, knightblade150 said:

No, I have no artistic ability. This was just a proof of concept. Someone needs to go into the female skin texture entry and replace the existing barbie doll diffusion map (and preferably normal map) with a detailed one.

Could you just strip off those outer clothing and make that into a simple mod? Having the barbie doll bodies is better than nothing and will show it can be done. Most of the units seen are from quite a distance so it won't really matter that much for a base beginning mod. That would be totally awesome if you could! :)

Edited by Sybian

I don't have any artistic talent either, but I'm interested in the modding possibilities for this game (adult and otherwise), so I've been looking into it.

Not sure when/if I'll learn to make full-fledged mods, but poking around in the files is interesting. It looks like there's a skimpier (older?) version of Karissa's top in entry #253 of the file Godir_Skin.clb, and a skimpier version of Arachna's top in #11 of Arachna_skin.clb. There might be similar outfits buried in the files that are unavailable in the final version, and I'd like to see them restored, but I don't know how to do that myself yet.

9 hours ago, Tombera said:

I think I'm gonna start making a few adult-themed race/leader traits (a new horny culture being the obvious choice), playing around with events and eventually changing the flavor of a few mechanics. I got the modding guide, will explore the game for a few days then start working on something small. As I progress I'll return here to keep you guys posted 

It would be better if those are separate traits which don't overwrite the current options. Maybe you can add adult medieval themed images to the game. What about nude skins? 

vixi said: "in theory there are probably plenty of people that could, but will they is a completely different discussion all together."

Yeah this game seems to support nude skins. knightblade150 showed that the base bodies are almost fully nude. We need a volunteer to make the first one.

Edited by Kathylady
On 5/7/2023 at 3:45 PM, knightblade150 said:

confirming that its pretty trivial

tits.jpg

tits2.jpg

33 minutes ago, Screws said:

Did you put in a booba slider? Or just repurpose one of the sliders? lol

No idea how to do that. I literally just exported some tits from daz and bolted them on the default body

horse.jpg

1 hour ago, 9zs said:

confirming that its pretty trivial

tits.jpg

tits2.jpg

Well done. Can you make a more realistic version or add customization options? How can players use it in their games? Please add multiple breast, nipple, vulva, penis and pubic hair types.

Edited by Kathylady