In my reckless polyamorous adventures, I've blundered into a frustrating edge case.

I forget which mod enables it, but I'm playing with no limit to long-term commitments. Somewhere during a ritual shuffle between PC households, an NPC sim Proposed to one of my sims behind the scenes. Now, this sim was already part of an "official couple" that was going to wed further down the line. When I went to finally schedule the ceremony, I discovered all three sims were flagged for the altar if done by the double-engaged sim, but not if done by my other player sim. I did it through the latter and thought I was safe.

Fast forward to Wedding Day and the NPC shows up flagged as a spouse-to-be. (Side note: both my sims had access to the full range of spousal interactions, even the one that wasn't Engaged.) I tried every trick to break the NPC Engagement status through MCCC, but it appears the brides/grooms are locked in the moment the Event is scheduled, regardless of subsequent status changes.

My last recourse is to cancel the wedding, scrub the relationship, and try again—easily doable, but tedious and lost time. I'm curious if anyone knows if it's possible to hack the save and change the data directly to remove the NPC sim from the Wedding event.

The polygamy isn't the problem, it's the way the Wedding event flags the participants.

Fortunately it was an easy fix: cancelled the event and unflagged Engaged from the NPC and it worked properly. Turns out I didn't need to re-invite sims to the support roles, so I could reschedule then and there. $1K down the drain, but that's what cheats are for. :classic_tongue:

My next adventure will be seeing how it works when you do have >2 spouses, but for now: Don't plan a Wedding with multiple Engagements.