UBE 2.0 aka Bungalow Body and Face replacer

UBE 2.0 aka Bungalow Body and Face replacer

View File
Support me on Patreon and Boosty

TLDR

New races with their own unique high quality body/head models and textures. Not compatible with existing body replacer mods. CBBE/UNP skin textures are not compatible. Vanilla/HPH/CotR presets are not compatible. All outfits needs to be patched (plugin) and converted (Outfit Studio).

Yes, it's not a perfect plug-n-play mod. It has quite a few of caveats and specifics, that requires at least some form of dedication from you. 

If you are not discouraged by what you just read then you can read even more!

If you have something more to say, ask or want to report issues that are not known at the moment, please also come join our discord server.

PROS/FEATURES
  • High-poly meshes

≈60k+ vertices for body and head combined

• Doesn’t use Skyrim model space normal maps

Model space normal maps work nicely for vanilaesque low-mid-poly models by giving them so needed body detail (think muscles). No need for that when you have modern high-poly mesh that allows you to achieve same details just by itself.

• Sliders

370+ face sliders, 200+ body sliders, 70+ penis sliders
Big amount and variety of body morphs allows you to create thin, thick, soft or crazy muscular bodies.
UBE face has a lot of “preset” sliders, 16sliders for various types of elf ears for example, allowing you to create something unique just by mixing them.

• Outfits models separate from regular ones

UBE uses its own model paths for all outfits, same way khajits and argonians do. So you will have same armor item be equipable by vanilla races and UBE races, each having unique models.

• Compatible with COtR makeup, warpaints

• Unique UBE SOS addon

CONS/SHOULD KNOW

• Performance heavy (relatively)

Quality comes with a price. Somewhat. Shouldn’t be noticeable too much when it’s only your character and you are not playing on potato.

• Outfits and accessories require .esp patching

Every armor needs to have ArmorAddon that is intended for UBE races. Yes, EVERY SINGLE ONE, even jewelry (except so called HeadParts).
To make process of patching trivial, UBE comes with its own xEdit script that can patch your whole load order in single click if you wish so. After patching UBE AAs will use path “meshes\!UBE\<original nif path>”.
You will still need to have proper UBE outfit conversions. No magic here, patcher only edits armor records and copies original nifs to UBE path if they don't exist there already.

• Not a lot of textures options at the moment

UBE uses its own body model with UVs different from any existing body mods, so you can’t just use something like Fair Skin with UBE.
But there is a possibility that some existing texture packs will be ported in the future, even if it couldn’t be perfect recreation because of different normal maps types and other reasons.

• Not compatible with vanilla/HPH/CotR presets

UBE uses its own head model with different topology, different UVs and morphs. So you can’t just import your favorite preset designed for vanilla/HPH/CotR. And even if you could it would look completely different because of the model space normal maps. So your best bet is to try and recreate it by hand.

• Model normals don't update in RaceMenu SE version

For Skyrim SE UBE comes with it's own RaceMenu skee64.dll, backported from AE, that has normals update functionality.
Still, normals are not updated when changing character weight. Use slider called "Normals recalc" to do that, or any other body sliders.

• Modified SOS_ActorMagicEffect_Script.pex

Small edit that checks if body armor has slot 53 (slot used by UBE body) and makes it revealing if it does.

• “Uncanny valley”

Some people may call UBE (and DAZ Genesis in general) characters having “uncanny valley” look, but in our opinion this claim is very subjective and depends on the face preset that you create. After all, it’s just a mesh, you can shape it in any way you like, especially when there are no
model space normal maps that stands in your sculpting ways.

REQUIREMENTS

UBE races are built using RaceCompability so of course you need it.

All you need from 3BASis it’s MP/CBCP configs. If you don’t have it already installed you can grab “CBBE 3BA Physics Config Reinstaller” from optional files.

If you want EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY

• ENB since Unrelenting 0.2

For Dynamic Cubemaps

• ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH UNIQUE PLAYER MODS (UBE 2.0 is already an unique player mod basically)

KNOWN ISSUES

• RaceMenu sliders are being buggy sometimes

This is probably happening due to some imperfection of RaceMenu itself. The only solution we know of is editing SSE Engine Fixes config EngineFixes.toml
by setting
MemoryManager = false
ScaleformAllocator = false

But we can't recommend doing that as it may negatively affect game performance.

UBE installation comes with option for “lite” RaceMenu slider sets so you can try it and see if it helps the issue.

• Outfit Studio/BodySlide crashes when loading UBE projects

Solution: use x64 version of said apps

• RaceMeny body overlays disappear

This happens because of backported from AE RaceMenu dll that comes with UBE. No solution as of yet, it requires additional fixing of this .dll.

OUTFIT PATCHING

If you are not using outfit already converted to UBE and want to do that yourself:

xEdit part

1. Grap [Edit Scripts] folder from archove in misc file downloads and put it inside xEdit folder.
  2. Load UBE_AllRace.esp plugin and armor mod plugin(-s) in xEdit
  3. Select armor plugin(-s). RMB -> Apply script
  4. Make sure <Include scripts in subdirectories> checkbox is checked. Select UBE\UBE_CreateArmorPatch in dropdown, click OK.
  5. Save changes when closing xEdit.

Short video demonstration of this script usage.

By default script creates esl flagged patch that uses latest overrides of armor records and creates it's own override of it. After that it copies original armor nifs to new UBE path if there are none. Script has some additional options with descriptions under const. You can see example of using them in video.

For people making conversions: Instead of creating patch you can edit original plugin by setting bEditOriginalPlugin option to True.

For people that want to patch whole modlist: Set bUseSinglePatchPlugin option to True. This will tell patcher to create single patch for all armors in selected plugins. Downside: you will need to delete this plugin and repatch everything when you want to remove some armor mods from your load order.

Also keep in mind: patching all of your armor mods is a bandaid solution: without proper UBE conversions these armors will use original nifs that were copied at the moment of patching (it will have 3BA/vanilla body models, no UBE morphs etc). But it should be ok if the armor in question is something simple, say full body armor without bodyslide support.

Outfit Studio part

Open armor project in OS. Using 10+ conversion references at your disposal, convert armor to UBE body.
Rename project name to something like <original project name> UBE 2.0.
Change output path to meshes\!UBE\<original output path>.

CREDITS

Charmers of the Reach – texture assets, plugin used as base for UBE plugin
3BA – RaceMenu scripts

3BA Vanilla Clothes and Armor - base for UBE Vanilla Armor

Mod's base texture asset (interactive license)

Jada 8.1 (interactive license)

Realistic Penis Rigged - models and textures
squarepeg3d, nyl2 - particular body, penis and head sliders/expressions

UUAMR - base for UBE armor patcher xEdit script.

xEdit libs: mteFunctions, dubhFunctions

We can guarantee you the fast feedback there, positive, newbie-friendly atmosphere, additional options to load various media by you.

Also the server includes some optional files for the mod itself + dozens of outfit conversions, compatibility patches, etc.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/20/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    CBBE 3BA (for physics configs), race Compatibility, (optionally) SoS and its req.
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

1 minute ago, RomeoZero said:

So u just took basically Daz studio sliders and body to Skyrim ? I thought imma gonna test my Daz v8 textures but then looked at UV that barely got opened in Nifskope. I guess thanks, to play around with it for science. ?

No-no-no, the sliders are made from scratch, and the uv islands were shrinked down in order to move them (except head) to the same UV "square", no other way round. Original Gen 8 islands are too big and Skyrim can only have one material/UV "set" for a mesh

15 minutes ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

Specify ur question, which preset exactly and which screenshot?

idk the purple tattoed girl? or the big titted elf, I'm not good at creating something from scratch, and the preset in the mod are too far for what i like honestly ?

16 minutes ago, Shane498 said:

idk the purple tattoed girl? or the big titted elf, I'm not good at creating something from scratch, and the preset in the mod are too far for what i like honestly ?

"and the preset in the mod are too far for what i like honestly" – preset or presetS, and u're talking about body or face preset? 

Edited by JohnyBungalow1
15 minutes ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

"and the preset in the mod are too far for what i like honestly" – preset or presetS, and u're talking about body or face preset? 

ah sorry yeah well i guess that the body presets are my main concern, for the faces, I guess I can manage, for now if is possibile to share some of those body presets, it would be easier to create a nice character 

1 hour ago, Shane498 said:

ah sorry yeah well i guess that the body presets are my main concern, for the faces, I guess I can manage, for now if is possibile to share some of those body presets, it would be easier to create a nice character 

U may try to join the Discord channel, and ping @ Alexander there 

1 hour ago, GodSmack said:

Would it be possible to use debug feature on eyes' not compatible with UBE head rn? Other than that this body is crazy good

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.57612cb57bf7698ea7b1d208ee0ac0db.png

It's not worth it, since making patches for eyes is pretty possible using automated scripts, there are some patches already on the server

1 hour ago, dragongodmod117 said:

Looks great in BodySlide but as soon as I load up Skyrim, I get a weird reflective texture over the body and feet. Hands are fine. I disable all other texture overlays, so nothing should be conflicting. Any ideas?

Maybe wet function redux by chance? Never heard of such a bug

2 hours ago, Kain82 said:

I was interested in this mod until I saw that 3ba was a hard requirement.  This mod won't work with BHUNP?  Also it was my understanding from your description that both the head and body were unique.

Well UBE has closer body physics to 3ba than to BHUNP. Of course u could use bhunp instead but I suppose then ur breasts may shake like crazy on UBE. And as I said the head in this mod is not an option due to a lot of reasons 

1 hour ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

Well UBE has closer body physics to 3ba than to BHUNP. Of course u could use bhunp instead but I suppose then ur breasts may shake like crazy on UBE. And as I said the head in this mod is not an option due to a lot of reasons 

No problem, if I ever switch back to 3ba I'll try this mod.  Thank you for your hard work.

15 hours ago, Shane498 said:

Here it is. I tweaked it a bit during my screenshot sessions, as you know, sometimes body doesnt look great in certain poses, so you need to adjust it with Niopa or racemenu ? But in general, this is the same body, hope you will like it.

Screenshots preset.xml

Hi, your mod looks great! Thanks for your work.

I'm sorry to bother you, but I have a problem. I've built the body in bodyslide

image.png.8ea5fff4ce7154789e09384b44bcbeeb.png

Then i batch buid

image.png.9e89367d61bb28d882d17e5e511616bd.png

image.png.7d5650fde372a70f643561d64c435181.png

But in game, the body is not the one i've built

20230421180802_1.jpg.7df03e400db99519a5402b4c6481530b.jpg

Edited by alyosh