UBE 2.0 aka Bungalow Body and Face replacer

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 6:54 AM, keymaster1965 said:

when using UBE in race menu I cant change the mouth shape, nose, eye shape, and a bunch of the sliders

Are u on AE or SE? if u're on AE, watch carefully which options u select during installing UBE 2.0. 
Also after all these AE updates it's possible u have a wrong Racemenu AE version

7 hours ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

Are u on AE or SE? if u're on AE, watch carefully which options u select during installing UBE 2.0. 
Also after all these AE updates it's possible u have a wrong Racemenu AE version

AE and everything is up to date, stupid game update shut down my game again so im forced to update whatever needs it

• 2 weeks later...

Ooook. Lets ride! At least i found some time to test this mod. My thoughts

Good news

1. This is fantastic thing with great potential! Im serious. If you like CoTR but want to have something more (for example CoTR like head + hi poly DAZ like body in one package) - UBE is your choice. Its deffinitly better solution then CoTR with a great future potential.

2.  Install package have build in vanilla armors support. GREAT

3. Fantastic amount of body and head ajustment possibilityes.

4. Tangent normals instead of that object space shit.

5. UBE SOS addon for males and females

Bad news

Only one for me - slots. UBE body uses slots 53 and 54 for genitals area and SOS addon. And yes, this is a huge problem.

Reason:

I understand author idea about seamless genitals area but i dont understand idea of changing slots and using two slots instead of one.

All genitals related stuff, many scripts and armors uses slot 52 as genitals area standart for years. So you will have a looot of problems using UBE with mods like TAWOBA, Devious Devices, Coursed Loot and many other stuff.

So its a dead end for many people who want to using UBE with different SexLab mods.

Is there any solution for this issue? Yes. I made some tests on my end and looks like UBE can be switched back to slot 52 withou general author idea loss.

Forget it. This variant not works.

Edited by TRX_Trixter

IMHO this is the most detailed body currently available for Skyrim. It requires a bit more modding knowledge since it's a custom race but don't let that scare you away, only the PC will use it and you can still use 3BA or BHUNP or both for your followers and NPCs. Now it will use more hardware resources which is why is not meant for all the NPC.. but the results and the body physics are amazing. 

ScreenShot58.png.f33dc0d634853ec34b81ff27da7f5ee4.png

ScreenShot60.png.96deced0fb758fb2b16cbba97bf923c5.png

28 minutes ago, B3juc0 said:

IMHO this is the most detailed body currently available for Skyrim. It requires a bit more modding knowledge since it's a custom race but don't let that scare you away, only the PC will use it and you can still use 3BA or BHUNP or both for your followers and NPCs. Now it will use more hardware resources which is why is not meant for all the NPC.. but the results and the body physics are amazing. 

ScreenShot58.png.f33dc0d634853ec34b81ff27da7f5ee4.png

ScreenShot60.png.96deced0fb758fb2b16cbba97bf923c5.png

Since I prefer Beast Race characters, I have been using UBE for custom followers instead.

All the same, there is no conflict between custom race mods such as UBE and standard body replacers.

I might even try to go through the trouble of installing Creation Kit for GOG just so I can more easily create man and mer race NPC replacers with UBE (which should not only give them more body shape range but solve the problem of the odd grey face that pops up every now and then).

Ok.  After next check i fond that previous solution with slot 52 not works. Creation Engine see all partitions in nif files even if you dont mark it as active biped slot.

So there is only one way:

1. Remove all additional partitions from body mesh in Outfit Studio, save project and rebuild body.

2. Remove 53 and 54 slots from SkinNaket Torso part in CK

On this step we will have classic body setup as CBBE

3. Changing SOS addon partition to 52 in Outfit studio. Changing biped slot for SOS addon to 52 in CK.

Thats all.

Same for the male body.

In result:

1. Classic female body will works with all armor parts as usual, so you will have no problems with slot 52 in scripts or armor conversions.
2. In case of using SOS addon you will have double covered mesh area on anus and vagina zone. All vertices of both meshes will be placed in the same coordinates so ... there will be no problem. I dont see anything bad on tests. Its not right but ... (better way is to rebuild SOS addon without anus and vagina area). As in usual cases.  Yes you will have double rendering on these areas but i diont think it will affect you FPS.  

In this case you will be able to convert any armors in usual way with the same slots mapping.

Edited by TRX_Trixter
On 12/27/2023 at 7:50 PM, TRX_Trixter said:

Ok.  After next check i fond that previous solution with slot 52 not works. Creation Engine see all partitions in nif files even if you dont mark it as active biped slot.

So there is only one way:

1. Remove all additional partitions from body mesh in Outfit Studio, save project and rebuild body.

2. Remove 53 and 54 slots from SkinNaket Torso part in CK

On this step we will have classic body setup as CBBE

3. Changing SOS addon partition to 52 in Outfit studio. Changing biped slot for SOS addon to 52 in CK.

Thats all.

Same for the male body.

In result:

1. Classic female body will works with all armor parts as usual, so you will have no problems with slot 52 in scripts or armor conversions.
2. In case of using SOS addon you will have double covered mesh area on anus and vagina zone. All vertices of both meshes will be placed in the same coordinates so ... there will be no problem. I dont see anything bad on tests. Its not right but ... (better way is to rebuild SOS addon without anus and vagina area). As in usual cases.  Yes you will have double rendering on these areas but i diont think it will affect you FPS.  

In this case you will be able to convert any armors in usual way with the same slots mapping.

2. No, that's not acceptable cuz this leads to z fighting/clipping in many areas, plus if one tweaks SoS mesh sliders a lot vagina and penis meshes will permanently clip.

The reason for 53 and 54 slots reserved for UBE SoS mesh is some either vanilla or SoS bug, it just doesn't work correctly with only 53 or 54 slot. But eventually everything functions as regular SOS mod except the occasional need to edit slots for some outfits, redirecting armors with 53-54 slot to other slots or merging Bodyslide projects.

3 hours ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

2. No, that's not acceptable cuz this leads to z fighting/clipping in many areas, plus if one tweaks SoS mesh sliders a lot vagina and penis meshes will permanently clip.

The reason for 53 and 54 slots reserved for UBE SoS mesh is some either vanilla or SoS bug, it just doesn't work correctly with only 53 or 54 slot. But eventually everything functions as regular SOS mod except the occasional need to edit slots for some outfits, redirecting armors with 53-54 slot to other slots or merging Bodyslide projects.

No critics or anything else. Just explanation. 

First things first

You did a great job and im greatfull to you for sharing it.

I'm not suggesting you anything to do. My post was for people who need slot 52.  Nothing more nothing less. 

My reasons for slot 52 patch

Some very popular mods works directly with slot 52 and your slot scheme is not compatible with these mods. So... Heuston we have a problem! And this will be a problem for 60 - 70% of potential UBE users. And for me too.

For this reason i made these changes and im happy about that. I will not using UBE SOS addon just because i dint like it (this is my problem dont worry). Now im working on my own addon for UBE and i dont see any problems with using slot 52 for my purpouses instead of making 100500 patches for my mod list.  Something like this

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

And no weird balls clipping

3.png

This is wery WIP model so i still need to remowe some little issues. Yor great body + slot 52 + anatomically corect SOS addon + 

Simple example:

my classic mod list contains TAWOBA + Wenches custom armors mods. Both of it uses slot 52 for thongs and slots 53 + 54 for other armor parts so i will need to make at least two additional compability patches (not trivial) for my mod list instead of few clicks of mouse to change UBE setup to slot 52. 

This is not the worsest case. A lot of scripted mods uses slot 52 directly-in-the-code. Some of it even in dll files.

So, a reason for all of this headache? Some clippings?  Personally i dint see any clippings (critical for me) on my SOS addons for CBBE SE. Maybe because im playing on FullHD monitor... 

And counter of these compability patches will only grow and grow and grow in your modlist. 

In summ:
UBE updates, mod updates, patches updates.... No, i dont need this. Deffinitly.

Im not suggesting you do make any changes to your mod or development line. I will make this simple patch for UBE and my addons and armor stuff will work on 52 slot. There are no problem with that. At all.

Edited by TRX_Trixter
1 hour ago, TRX_Trixter said:

No critics or anything else. Just explanation. 

First things first

You did a great job and im greatfull to you for sharing it.

I'm not suggesting you anything to do. My post was for people who need slot 52.  Nothing more nothing less. 

My reasons for slot 52 patch

Some very popular mods works directly with slot 52 and your slot scheme is not compatible with these mods. So... Heuston we have a problem! And this will be a problem for 60 - 70% of potential UBE users. And for me too.

For this reason i made these changes and im happy about that. I will not using UBE SOS addon just because i dint like it (this is my problem dont worry). Now im working on my own addon for UBE and i dont see any problems with using slot 52 for my purpouses instead of making 100500 patches for my mod list.  Something like this

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

2.png

And no weird balls clipping

3.png

This is wery WIP model so i still need to remowe some little issues. Yor great body + slot 52 + anatomically corect SOS addon + 

Simple example:

my classic mod list contains TAWOBA + Wenches custom armors mods. Both of it uses slot 52 for thongs and slots 53 + 54 for other armor parts so i will need to make at least two additional compability patches (not trivial) for my mod list instead of few clicks of mouse to change UBE setup to slot 52. 

This is not the worsest case. A lot of scripted mods uses slot 52 directly-in-the-code. Some of it even in dll files.

So, a reason for all of this headache? Some clippings?  Personally i dint see any clippings (critical for me) on my SOS addons for CBBE SE. Maybe because im playing on FullHD monitor... 

And counter of these compability patches will only grow and grow and grow in your modlist. 

In summ:
UBE updates, mod updates, patches updates.... No, i dont need this. Deffinitly.

Im not suggesting you do make any changes to your mod or development line. I will make this simple patch for UBE and my addons and armor stuff will work on 52 slot. There are no problem with that. At all.

"UBE updates, mod updates, patches updates.... No, i dont need this. Deffinitly."

Yes u need this cuz UBE 2.0 requires esp patches for all conversions in order not to interfere with NPCs and their armor. There is the patcher for patching conversions etc and only sometimes in big modular outfit packs this 53-54 may become a small nuisance. 

36 minutes ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

"UBE updates, mod updates, patches updates.... No, i dont need this. Deffinitly."

Yes u need this cuz UBE 2.0 requires esp patches for all conversions in order not to interfere with NPCs and their armor. There is the patcher for patching conversions etc and only sometimes in big modular outfit packs this 53-54 may become a small nuisance. 

Yep i know. Im talking about headache with slots partition in those patches. This is not a problem at all, just a little technical issue. UBE body setup can be changed to slot 52 or back to 53-54 for 5 minutes.

And my big thanks for body conversion reference. Works great!

3.png.a626131840cf5e1469ab4a453bfe643f.png4.png.a573d52aa8cfde17b1ae07271c458029.png

46 minutes ago, TRX_Trixter said:

Yep i know. Im talking about headache with slots partition in those patches. This is not a problem at all, just a little technical issue. UBE body setup can be changed to slot 52 or back to 53-54 for 5 minutes.

And my big thanks for body conversion reference. Works great!

3.png.a626131840cf5e1469ab4a453bfe643f.png4.png.a573d52aa8cfde17b1ae07271c458029.png

Well I mean, u don't need multiple patches for editing 53-54 slots, u just edit these things in these generated patches, such as one can add thigh armor to armor pieces that use 38 calves slot, merge these together. Again, this becomes an issue in a small number of big mods, regularly outfit conversions have a small amount of occupied slots. Plus Tawoba was already partially converted 6 months ago on UBE Discord server, altho indeed without editing 53-54 slot thing (cuz the author missed this fact, I personally coped with this issue many times with ease)

Anatomically correct SoS add-on? Right, but keep in mind that the baking of normal maps using those blender baking methods from mesh to mesh wont work at all and it will generate tangent space normal maps seams all over the place

On 12/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, FauxFurry said:

Since I prefer Beast Race characters, I have been using UBE for custom followers instead.

All the same, there is no conflict between custom race mods such as UBE and standard body replacers.

I might even try to go through the trouble of installing Creation Kit for GOG just so I can more easily create man and mer race NPC replacers with UBE (which should not only give them more body shape range but solve the problem of the odd grey face that pops up every now and then).

Beast races in Skyrim look really bad, and if I would be a big fan of furry/erm, scaly stuff, I'd need to work hard on making them look good without using horrible vanilla head meshes, whatever else.

I can do a few things Outfit Studio... but i'm not verse at all with the Creation Kit other than the simplest tasks. So I've have been patching the few Sexlab mods I use to work with UBE. For the most part a simple SSEedit armor patch does the trick. If not the genital partition disappears. Then just use Outfit studio/BodySlide to adjust fitment with UBE. But always welcome to what creators can do! 

There one thing... my PC would never go back to 3BA or BHUNP.  I will always seek the highest quality.

Edited by B3juc0
3 hours ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

Well I mean, u don't need multiple patches for editing 53-54 slots, u just edit these things in these generated patches, such as one can add thigh armor to armor pieces that use 38 calves slot, merge these together. Again, this becomes an issue in a small number of big mods, regularly outfit conversions have a small amount of occupied slots. Plus Tawoba was already partially converted 6 months ago on UBE Discord server, altho indeed without editing 53-54 slot thing (cuz the author missed this fact, I personally coped with this issue many times with ease)

Anatomically correct SoS add-on? Right, but keep in mind that the baking of normal maps using those blender baking methods from mesh to mesh wont work at all and it will generate tangent space normal maps seams all over the place

Plus yeah UBE 2.0 features edited SOS script so 52 panties work just fine with UBE penis, no need to edit this part at all

4 hours ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

Beast races in Skyrim look really bad, and if I would be a big fan of furry/erm, scaly stuff, I'd need to work hard on making them look good without using horrible vanilla head meshes, whatever else.

A mix of High Poly Heads with Khajiit Character Customization Extended Khajiit Overhaul with  a combination of Flawn's Argonians and other head mesh alterations and Race Menu sculpts are needed to compensate for BGS' shortcomings when rendering Beast People. I can see why it would be daunting to try to take on the task of remodeling them when there is so much effort needed to get them to a presentable state. 

17 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

A mix of High Poly Heads with Khajiit Character Customization Extended Khajiit Overhaul with  a combination of Flawn's Argonians and other head mesh alterations and Race Menu sculpts are needed to compensate for BGS' shortcomings when rendering Beast People. I can see why it would be daunting to try to take on the task of remodeling them when there is so much effort needed to get them to a presentable state. 

I can imagine some half khajit with UBE 2.0 head but with a cat shaped nose for example, and fluffy cat ears, and with a couple of layers of shell textured fluff for some short haired look. But again, maybe-maybe later

4 hours ago, JohnyBungalow1 said:

Yeah... Futalicious model is more anatomicly correct then Nyl;'s and Squarepage's. I mean base mesh. But its question of taste and purposes. 

In my case i have no free slots and i cant make it free with merging some armor parts like pauldrons to one nif. Armor sets with 35-40 elements. Forget it. Its my problem.

Blender baking? Whats wrong with it?

Your addon
image.png.5359a837d376c062851133720fbd8f10.png

Dirty bake of my textures patch in Blender for my mesh.
image.png.8fca99bdaf17fb28b7177f298726c252.png

You can think that you see the seam, but not. Its just dirty diffuse artifact. Here is the real seam

image.png.51d701cdc3bd0dca4c2b4aa680fdf13a.png

So, Blender baking still works.

About Khajits and Argonians. Just a thoughts...

1. Additional UBE body + tails meshes
2. Make in this bodys neck seam area, compatible with vanilla head.

In result : vanilla head or HPH (its just a turbosmothed vanilla head mesh)  with new body.

Creating Khajits and Argonians heads from scratch (DAZ library dont have good resources of this kind) - very long and expencive story.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:17 PM, JohnyBungalow1 said:

I can imagine some half khajit with UBE 2.0 head but with a cat shaped nose for example, and fluffy cat ears, and with a couple of layers of shell textured fluff for some short haired look. But again, maybe-maybe later

For me the old KZ Style had the best solution for humanoid Khajiits and Argonians. I think it uses the vanilla head with clever ks hair choice to hide the human ears and uses the fluffy ears and horns with great custom texture.