• 2 weeks later...

@BananasManiac

This is a patch that applies a catch to hide license purchase dialogue if all enabled licenses have been purchased. Source files are included. Patch also includes my SexLab patch for your mod which prevents ForceGreet from interrupting SexLab events. See if you can include them in your mod.

Details:

Spoiler

This is the function block inserted into BM_Licenses.psc:

Function validDialogue()
    hasAllLicense = false
    ; Disable Guard dialogue with boolean if all enabled licenses have been bought
    if(((bmlmcm.isArmorLicenseFeatureEnabled && hasArmorLicense) || !bmlmcm.isArmorLicenseFeatureEnabled) && ((bmlmcm.isBikiniLicenseFeatureEnabled && hasBikiniLicense) || !bmlmcm.isBikiniLicenseFeatureEnabled) && ((bmlmcm.isClothingLicenseFeatureEnabled && hasClothingLicense) || !bmlmcm.isClothingLicenseFeatureEnabled) && ((bmlmcm.isMagicLicenseFeatureEnabled && hasMagicLicense) || !bmlmcm.isMagicLicenseFeatureEnabled) && ((bmlmcm.isWeaponLicenseFeatureEnabled && hasWeaponLicense) || !bmlmcm.isWeaponLicenseFeatureEnabled))
        hasAllLicense = true
    endif
EndFunction

Function validDialogue() is run for each onItemAdded and onItemRemoved as called by BM_Player.psc, should the item concerned be a license. That means it runs together with your equipment validator.

The .ESP looks for the BM_Licenses.psc "hasAllLicense" variable. If this boolean is true, both non-kinky and kinky purchase-initiate dialogue are disabled, which means the relevant player dialogue option won't appear if a player talks to an NPC of the Guard faction.

Now, I'm just hoping you can implement an option to purchase from the JobStewardFaction.

Files moved to here:

Edited by Gyra
On 7/8/2023 at 5:12 PM, Someone92 said:

Would it be possible to have the option "Always allowed", "Requires License" and "Never allowed"?

Basically making License required, but not having the dialog option to buy a license.

If you're still up for using this mod, you may be happy to hear that I've implemented an option for this feature in the latest version of my patch. Permissions open, hoping OP can push it to their own release.

Set Seller Faction: 0 = None; 1 = Guard; 2 = Steward.

For what you desire, you should select "0", which is currently the default value.

I'll upload this patch on my mod page soon.

Edit: I've also fixed a misattribution in the conditional that allows for Interval Checking. This is a current bug in 1.1.0. All interested should check my page for details.

Edited by Gyra

Two things I would like to see

- The Licenses are only enforced inside the cities, not in the vicinity; e.g. you can approach Whiterun armed and armored, but have to buy a license or unequip those times to enter

- Able to select who enforces the licenses: Male-only guards, female-only guards, both

Some other possible features:

- Whore license: dummy feature, no use with mod by itself. For other mods like TDF Enhanced Prostitution to hook into

- Insurance: couple feature with option to ignore license rules inside cities and towns. Allows player to wear armor within walls. If you’ve got a mod that strips NPCs, this feature helps explain why certain women such as female Companions members can wear armor inside cities.

On 9/13/2023 at 2:31 PM, Someone92 said:

- The Licenses are only enforced inside the cities, not in the vicinity; e.g. you can approach Whiterun armed and armored, but have to buy a license or unequip those times to enter

Added to an extent. Haven't been able to limit enforcement to within city walls just yet, but enforcement range can now be limited to city and town vicinities. 

I'd much rather focus on the next step, which is to allow guards to ignore individual licenses just like in SexLab Survival.

Insurance mode: Purchasing a weapon/armor/clothing license while "Insurance license" is enabled allows player to keep their items from being confiscated inside settlements in exchange for Guards ignoring player licenses when enforcing license rules. Purchasing insurance will, then, allow the player to wear armor, clothes, and/or openly-carry weapons inside cities and towns.

A feature following Insurance license might be to keep the cost variable: increase Insurance cost with a variable multiplier dependent on two factors: number of Defeatsâ„¢ and number of licenses on-hand. Degrade cost per month to 1.0x based on good behavior.

As for the second item on your wish-list, I'd suggest using a mod like Sexist Skyrim for now. I use it myself for an imbalanced gender-ratio.

On 9/13/2023 at 2:31 PM, Someone92 said:

- Able to select who enforces the licenses: Male-only guards, female-only guards, both

Implemented 20230919. I'd appreciate it if you can test it more thoroughly since I use Sexist Skyrim and most of my randomly-generated NPCs are male.

You are really going at it. ?

edit:

This forum software sucks hard....

1 hour ago, Gyra said:

Implemented 20230919. I'd appreciate it if you can test it more thoroughly since I use Sexist Skyrim and most of my randomly-generated NPCs are male.

Can it that I need to start a new game?

No guard seems to enforce the rules now, wthere I set it to all females, all males or both.

Edited by Someone92
1 hour ago, Someone92 said:

Can it that I need to start a new game?

No guard seems to enforce the rules now, wthere I set it to all females, all males or both.

That does not sound right and isn't currently reflected in my game.

1) You only installed 00_Main, right? Only BML 1.1.0 and overwritten by 20230919 00_Main

2) Can you share what your MCM settings are?

3) Share a papyrus log

You shouldn't need to start a new game. But if you do have issues, that's your best bet to see if it's related to any certain stuck script or MCM setting in your existing save.

Edited by Gyra
35 minutes ago, Kruggar said:

When I get a small bounty, guard dialogue is stuck at "Wait I know you", can't have a conversation with the guard. I use S.L.U.T.S. and Prison Alternative along with this mod, no other bounty related mods. 

This is a vanilla bug. If you'd used certain other mods that touch prison and bounty stuff such as Devious Interests, they may forward a fix.

Since you don't use any other prison or bounty-related mods, try this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/74287?tab=files

1 hour ago, Gyra said:

This is a vanilla bug. If you'd used certain other mods that touch prison and bounty stuff such as Devious Interests, they may forward a fix.

Since you don't use any other prison or bounty-related mods, try this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/74287?tab=files

This worked. Thanks

Also, I had a suggestion for the mod. If there was a way to integrate it with Body Search so that instead of guard magically detecting that player doesn't have a license, they find out in a timely body search event.  

• 3 weeks later...