BananasManiac's - Licenses (Sunset)

Overview

This mod introduces a license system for your equipment. Guards will stop you and enforce it if you don't carry the required licenses for your equipped armor/weapons/spells.

Sunset Notice

This mod was sunset in favor of @Gyra's enhanced version. It comes with more features, but requires Sexlab as hard-dependency.

Details

Guards now sell and enforce 5 different license types:

• Armor License
    • Allows you to equip armor, bikini armor and clothing near guards
  • Bikini License
    • Allows you to wear bikini armor (EroticArmor keyword) and clothing near guards
    • Cheaper than armor license
    • Bikini Keyword can be changed in MCM
    • Specified Bikini Keyword can be added/removed via MCM on currently equipped armor
  • Clothing License
    • Allows to wear clothing near guards
    • If this license type is disabled, clothing does not require a license
    • Disabled by default
  • Magic License
    • Allows you to equip Magic near guards
  • Weapon License
    • Allows you to equip weapons near guards
    • Hands/Fist weapons do not require a license

The license purchase dialog options only show if you have enough gold for the specific license.

If a guard spots you while wearing something without the proper license, they will walk towards you to charge a fine and unequip the offending items.

Quitting out of their dialog will add the fine amount as bounty and they are likely to come after you again if you don't unequip the offending items or buy a license.

Configuration Options:

• Adjustable license cost for each license
  • Adjustable license duration for each license
  • Enable/Disable license types
  • Changeable Bikini keyword
    • Default: EroticArmor
    • Other potential keywords that I've seen: _SLS_BikiniArmor, SLA_HalfNakedBikini, ...
  • Require magic license for enchanted clothing
  • Add/Remove keyword to currently equipped armor
  • Adjustable fine amount
  • Guards confiscate your items to nearest evidence chest
  • Pay fine as bounty (instead of from your inventory)
    • More punishing, it can trigger bounty events of other mods
    • If you bounty is too high you could be sent to jail (default skyrim behaviour)
    • Guards won't offer you to buy licenses if you currently have a bounty with their faction
  • Guards equip devious devices
    • Always a collar plus a random chance to equip a second device
  • Switching between neutral and kinky guard dialogue
  • Optional interval based guard check
  • Option to also check for gloves, boots and helmet violations
    • This doesn't work well in combination with bikini license, because only the body armor has the bikini keyword

A guard within 2500 units will approach if the player has violating items/spells equipped:

• On cell or location change
  • Equips/Unequips items/spells
  • Equips/Unequips licenses
  • Enable/Disable of license type via MCM

Installation

Steps:

1. Install hard requirements
    1. SKSE
    2. PapyrusExtenderSSE
  2. Install soft requirements
    1. OSL Aroused or other mod to provide keywords for bikini armor
    2. Devious Devices
  3. Install mod via mod manager

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/11/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, PapyrusExtenderSSE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

This seems like a lightweight alternative to SexLab Survival! Another perk is that it only unequips items and doesn't take them away from your inventory. Only thing missing is a clothing license. Think you could add it? 

Edited by Gyra

I've changed a couple strings, as seen below.

02001D8B

<font face="$HandwrittenFont">
<font size="40">Weapon License</font>

The owner of this letter is allowed to wear weapons.

The holder of this license may equip weaponry.

02001D8C

<font size="40">Armor License</font>

The holder of this license may wear armor.

02001D8C is mistakenly Weapon License and not Armor License. I've also changed the wording of some Guards dialogue to be more neutral since "magic" doesn't fall under equipment. In other places, I've changed the dialogue to simply be more natural through wording and using apostrophes were appropriate.

BM_Licenses.esp

Currently giving this mod a shot. One thing that I've noticed though is without any licenses you're allowed to purchase one straight away after "violating" not having one in the first place and not abiding by the mods conditions aside from a bounty and fine. Do you have any plans to implement devices or a time limit to purchase licenses after a violation? Edit: or even a zaz furniture punishment?

Edited by Kashim1337
11 hours ago, Gyra said:

This seems like a lightweight alternative to SexLab Survival! Another perk is that it only unequips items and doesn't take them away from your inventory. Only thing missing is a clothing license. Think you could add it? 

Yes, I always liked the license feature in SL Survival, but found it too punishing. I also didn't want to run SL Survival just for this single feature.

I added the clothing license in the latest version.

7 hours ago, Gyra said:

I've changed a couple strings, as seen below.

02001D8B

The holder of this license may equip weaponry.

02001D8C

<font size="40">Armor License</font>

The holder of this license may wear armor.

02001D8C is mistakenly Weapon License and not Armor License. I've also changed the wording of some Guards dialogue to be more neutral since "magic" doesn't fall under equipment. In other places, I've changed the dialogue to simply be more natural through wording and using apostrophes were appropriate.

BM_Licenses.esp 8.97 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for helping with the dialogue, english isn't my native language so that helps me out alot.

I included your improvements in the latest version.

23 minutes ago, Kashim1337 said:

Currently giving this mod a shot. One thing that I've noticed though is without any licenses you're allowed to purchase one straight away after "violating" not having one in the first place and not abiding by the mods conditions aside from a bounty and fine. Do you have any plans to implement devices or a time limit to purchase licenses after a violation? Edit: or even a zaz furniture punishment?

Currently you only lose some money if you are found by a guard. (You don't even lose money if you have none)

I thought about adding some optional punishments, but I don't want to make the mod too punishing.

I think adding the fine as bounty rather than gold directly from your inventory could solve that. If it's added as bounty other mods might trigger once it's too high and you will go to prison or whatever your installed mods do.

I'm open for any suggestions, but when it comes to punishments they will always be an optional component.

6 hours ago, BananasManiac said:

I thought about adding some optional punishments, but I don't want to make the mod too punishing.

I think adding the fine as bounty rather than gold directly from your inventory could solve that. If it's added as bounty other mods might trigger once it's too high and you will go to prison or whatever your installed mods do.

I like it as bounty, because even if you don’t add Devious Devices, we get compatibility and complementary effects with mods such as the new Devious Interests that equip DDs during bounty events.

Some other suggestions:

1. Hook into SexLab Aroused or OSL Aroused for keywords just like SLS does

2. Restrict license purchasing if there is an active bounty on the player’s head

3. Mimic SLS to enforce equip of DD restraints while within city walls as punishment for recent violations

4. License to leave town: Mimics SLS but with a different implication. Basically, restricts players to specific town and city locations unless they have a “Freedom License” or license to leave town/city. Place bounty on player if they move to and stay in non-city or non-town cells for extended periods of time

5. Allow trading-in license to remove bounty

6. Use Armor License as successor to Clothing License. Basically, you can’t purchase an armor license without a clothes license, and even if you have the former on hand, it’s useless without the latter. In effect, changes meaning of the clothes license from ‘just clothes’ to permission to cover body. This successive feature isn’t present in SLA except softly with Bikini Armor to Normal Armor

2 and 4 are top of my wishlist right now if I want to migrate from SLS because I think the functions effectively cover curfew and punishments to create that misogynistic atmosphere without overstepping the mod’s own boundaries.

Edited by Gyra

Thanks for this, always thought the license feature from Sexlab Survival was cool, but unfortunately that mod is designed for female characters and it felt awkward hearing my male character moan with a woman's voice after having his ass smacked by a guard and all the other harassment stuff going on in that mod that was designed with a female player character in mind.

2 hours ago, Gyra said:

I like it as bounty, because even if you don’t add Devious Devices, we get compatibility and complementary effects with mods such as the new Devious Interests that equip DDs during bounty events.

Some other suggestions:

1. Hook into SexLab Aroused or OSL Aroused for keywords just like SLS does

2. Restrict license purchasing if there is an active bounty on the player’s head

3. Mimic SLS to enforce equip of DD restraints while within city walls as punishment for recent violations

4. License to leave town: Mimics SLS but with a different implication. Basically, restricts players to specific town and city locations unless they have a “Freedom License” or license to leave town/city. Place bounty on player if they move to and stay in non-city or non-town cells for extended periods of time

5. Allow trading-in license to remove bounty

6. Use Armor License as successor to Clothing License. Basically, you can’t purchase an armor license without a clothes license, and even if you have the former on hand, it’s useless without the latter. In effect, changes meaning of the clothes license from ‘just clothes’ to permission to cover body. This successive feature isn’t present in SLA except softly with Bikini Armor to Normal Armor

2 and 4 are top of my wishlist right now if I want to migrate from SLS because I think the functions effectively cover curfew and punishments to create that misogynistic atmosphere without overstepping the mod’s own boundaries.

1. You can use OSL Aroused to manage your keywords if you want. The default keyword for bikini armor is EroticArmor which is managable via OSL Aroused. I only added the option in my MCM to add/remove keywords for users that might not use OSL Aroused already
    1. SLS uses _SLS_BikiniArmor which is provided by SL Survival mod. If you don't have SL Survival installed, OSL Aroused will have this keyword greyed out
    2. If you want to switch to a different OSL Aroused managed keyword, you can do so in the MCM by providing the specific keyword
  2. If you have a bounty with the faction of the guard you are talking with, they won't offer the license dialogue and force you into their "wanted" dialogue instead. So this should already work as you requested
  3. I don't want to include a hard dependency to DD, so I have to look for a way to add it as an optional dependency
  4. I have to think about this. If there is a lightweight way to add this I might do it
  5. Guards will force you into their wanted dialogue if you have a bounty, so I don't think there is an option to do that with the normal guards
  6. License progression sounds like a fun idea, but the proposed way would simply result in a more expensive armor license rather than a gameplay change
    1. Feel free to share more ideas on how you would envision it

Published new version 0.9.2

Added option to pay fine as bounty (instead of from your inventory)

• This option should be more punishing, because it can trigger bounty events of other mods you have installed
  • If your bounty is too high you could be sent to jail
  • This option is disabled by default and can be activated in the MCM
  • Guards won't offer you to buy licenses if you currently have a bounty with their faction

Edited by BananasManiac

Changed some dialogue to add more flavor. I'm not sure how to add multiple response texts in a chain, so I adapted to keep them to a reasonable couple of sentences where appropriate. Also kept in mind to keep the dialogue ambiguous whether directed to male, female, or other. It definitely won't be for everyone as it strays from the original neutrality and clearly has a theme going on. But I also improved the consistency of tone since one of the dialogue lines was just "Then beat it."

02005E2C
Of course. What license do you want to purchase? -> What license do you want to purchase?

02005E2F
Here you go. -> You don't need a Weapon License to use kitchen knives, do you? Well, you do you.

02005E31
Here you go. -> I'm sure you won't need full armor to shake those hips at the inn. Whatever. Here you go.

0200AEFD
You've got no permission to use that without a license. -> You've got no permission to use that without a license. Cease your offending activity.

0200AEFF
Make sure you remember our laws and cease any offending activity. -> Don't let me catch you at it again.

0201CC56
Here you go. -> The armor's impractical, but at least we can still see your body. Here you go.

0201CC59
Here you go. -> Oh, so you've got the aptitude for magic? Don't go making a second "Winterhold."

0201FCD0
Here you go. -> Hiding that beautiful body of yours should be illegal. Take it and go.

BM_Licenses.esp

[Deleted my previous comment]

8 hours ago, BananasManiac said:

I don't want to include a hard dependency to DD, so I have to look for a way to add it as an optional dependency

Would love a soft dependency! I just recently realized that SexLab Survival has a disabled-by-default rule feature where armor can't be worn near guards regardless of whether the player has an armor license, and I can't believe I missed it cuz it's an enticing thought. If player is caught wearing armor, guards can equip player with restraints. Wonder if BM license can use the equipping of DD restraints as a substitute for creating a bounty (this really interests me).

I have to think about this. If there is a lightweight way to add this I might do it

Loc / cell change detection would be ideal, but if inclusion of this feature won't keep your mod sufficiently lightweight even if detection refresh rate is set at a relatively higher value, you could just lock city doors by default and require a Freedom License for travel outside city walls.

License progression sounds like a fun idea, but the proposed way would simply result in a more expensive armor license rather than a gameplay change

Hm, so a Clothing -> Bikini Armor -> Full/'Normal' Armor upgrade path idea isn't sufficient? The core of what I'm honestly envisioning is stressing the upkeep or maintenance of armor license with each adventure outside city walls. It's the basic idea that, in this Skyrim world, the more you pay the more you get to literally cover up your body. SLS and I assume your current implementation maintains three separate licenses (clothing, bikini, armor). If we take the idea of a tax percentage, then (just for example) a 75% cut from your adventuring proceeds go to maintaining validity of your armor license. If you can't afford that, then you can pay a lower 50% cut to at least wear Bikini Armor. Otherwise, take 45% for clothing with no armor values. Maintain a single license for body equipment. Purchases of licenses from the start begin with a flat rate, starting from Clothing License, and vary in price based on player level. Story-wise, we can explain it as such: the war is putting stress on both the city coffers and the population count. Jarl decrees that if you can afford to keep wearing armor, you can go do mercenary work. Otherwise, you should get the hint that maybe you're better off staying put inside the walls to help with breeding.

Other ideas that you are not at all obligated to add:

1. License permissions do not apply within cities and towns. If a guard sees that you lack a license, they will confiscate the offending items. If a guard sees that you have a license but have the offending items equipped within cities or town, they will follow your current implementation: force unequip the items and charge a fine / add a bounty on subsequent violations.

2. Class licenses (this one is totally different, purely a thought to differentiate this mod from SLS)

• No license: cannot equip magic, clothes, weapons, armor
  • Free license: can equip non-enchanted clothing
  • Mage license: can equip enchanted clothing and magic
  • Mercenary license: can equip weapons and armor
  • Slut license: can equip weapons and bikini armor or any clothing and armor with keyword EroticArmor
Edited by Gyra

I'm currently gathering feedback to decide in which direction I want to take this mod. My current roadmap is the following in order of priority:

1. Add option for guards to equip DD or Zaz items without creating a hard dependency
    1. I have to look into how this even works, have no idea currently how to do that
  2. Improve dialogue to show pricing to player without having to go into the mcm
  3. Add option for kinky dialogue so that players can switch between the current neutral dialogue and a more kinky version
  4. license progression or alternative ways to aquire a license

Very good mod, and I'm glad to see people making smaller lightweight options for mods that are neat but way over sized and bloated.

For other ideas you could consider for this mod, maybe some punishing options, like options for your license to be destroyed or stolen during certain events, like rape or swimming or sleeping or something, or options to have guards just tear them up on a configurable chance? Hmm

Very very nice mod thanks for making it!

I'm currently gathering feedback to decide in which direction I want to take this mod

Do you anticipate it being safe to upgrade your mod mid playthroughs?

dialogue

Please feel free to send me strings if you'd like them reviewed after you've written the dialogue the way you like it.

Are suggestions/requests accepted? If not, stop reading here.

The only licenses from SL Survival that I liked/used were the magic, curfew, and property license. I disliked the other licenses but could never turn them off without disabling the license feature altogether. So my solution was to always make them like 50 gold for a perpetual one so it would shut up, but then I would get inspected at the gate still (Lord help me, I have a huge amount of stuff in my inventory), and I hated it, so praise your soul for allowing me to disable those now and have an easier script for it.

TLDR; Is it possible (with my personal priority in order), in the future, to include confiscation of magic items if caught wearing or using magic without a license? Or perhaps to re do the curfew license, or property license?

Edit: Maybe I didn't read enough, but what I'm really looking for, regardless if you believe in confiscation, is just a way to include enchanted items as a part of the magic license idea. You could go around with them in your pocket, but perhaps its more to hide them? maybe give a larger bounty for being caught by doing the above activities with a magic item in your inventory, instead of confiscation?

Edited by Meladiator
10 hours ago, BananasManiac said:

I'm currently gathering feedback to decide in which direction I want to take this mod. My current roadmap is the following in order of priority:

1. Add option for guards to equip DD or Zaz items without creating a hard dependency
    1. I have to look into how this even works, have no idea currently how to do that
  2. Improve dialogue to show pricing to player without having to go into the mcm
  3. Add option for kinky dialogue so that players can switch between the current neutral dialogue and a more kinky version
  4. license progression or alternative ways to aquire a license

2. You could place an object similar to the tablets that you can click on up your way to high hrothgar (Not the actual object of course, but the idea), and just show the prices that way?
4. Thaneship could offer free licenses. Maybe also through being leaders of certain guilds? Thieves could get a discount if they're in the thieves guild? Same for Dark Brotherhood? Maybe for those kinky players... you could get buddy buddy with the captain of the guard, maybe he'll give you those license under certain conditions? Maybe, for an alternative to that quest for non kinky players, a short quest for the captain of the guard to prove you know how to use what the license covers, by going with him or a regiment of guards to deal with a bandit (or literally anything else) problem?