Hello.
I've had a bug in the game since the last update from EA.
I can't play with the last household I have where one of my sims is in a relationship with Cassandra Gothik.
As soon as I select this household, I get an error message telling me to restart the game.
What's weird is that I can play with other households but not this one.
Is there anyone here who has had the same problem since this update?

Edited by hana120
3 hours ago, hana120 said:

Hello.
I've had a bug in the game since the last update from EA.
I can't play with the last household I have where one of my sims is in a relationship with Cassandra Gothik.
As soon as I select this household, I get an error message telling me to restart the game.
What's weird is that I can play with other households but not this one.
Is there anyone here who has had the same problem since this update?

In addition to the "restart the game" do you get any error code? There is usually a bunch of numbers and letters together with the "restart" warning, and that could be useful to identify the problem. Also check if you get any "lastexception" errors and upload the most recent here. Usual causes might be that the sim is "broken" for some reason, for example if it has outdated traits, aspirations or careers. 

11 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

In addition to the "restart the game" do you get any error code? There is usually a bunch of numbers and letters together with the "restart" warning, and that could be useful to identify the problem. Also check if you get any "lastexception" errors and upload the most recent here. Usual causes might be that the sim is "broken" for some reason, for example if it has outdated traits, aspirations or careers. 

The error code is 
110:028907b0:455c935.

Et j'ai dans mes mods un fichiers de mod pour les traits.

34 minutes ago, hana120 said:

The error code is 
110:028907b0:455c935.

And I have in my mods a mod file for traits.

Make sure your mod containing custom traits is updated to be compatible with game version 1.96. If not, update it or remove it if there is no compatible version available. 

Start the game and load a different family in your save. Enter in game play mode, see if it works fine. If it does "save as" in a new save slot. Exit the game. do a game repair. Delete the cache files (avatarcache and localthumbcache, located in sims 4 folder). Load the new save. Load that household that worked fine. go back to world map. Select the bugged household and see if it works now. 

If it does not work do the same, but after you update to a version compatible with 1.96, or remove (if no compatible update is available) all the other mods containing custom traits, aspirations or careers. 

If it does not work either upload a lastexception file (the game usually generates one when you get that error) or a wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (located in sims 4 folder) and we can take a look to see if there is something else that could be messing with the save. 

22 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Make sure your mod containing custom traits is updated to be compatible with game version 1.96. If not, update it or remove it if there is no compatible version available. 

Start the game and load a different family in your save. Enter in game play mode, see if it works fine. If it does "save as" in a new save slot. Exit the game. do a game repair. Delete the cache files (avatarcache and localthumbcache, located in sims 4 folder). Load the new save. Load that household that worked fine. go back to world map. Select the bugged household and see if it works now. 

If it does not work do the same, but after you update to a version compatible with 1.96, or remove (if no compatible update is available) all the other mods containing custom traits, aspirations or careers. 

If it does not work either upload a lastexception file (the game usually generates one when you get that error) or a wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (located in sims 4 folder) and we can take a look to see if there is something else that could be messing with the save. 

Outdated Tunable Resource Error

Outdated Tunable Resource requires removing.

Tunable Game Resource with name 'si_CityInvites_GoToTheOpera' contains incorrect/outdated information.

You need to locate the PACKAGE file, in your The Sims 4 Mods folder, that contains this resource and remove it. Try starting with the oldest modifications you have.
If this is a new issue, try removing the most recent mod you have installed.

ColonolNutty's Mod Warning

Offensive creator content recognized.

Due to community demand in recognizing offensive individuals in The Sims community, you are being warned about using content that is or was made by, associated with, or depends on the individual known as ColonolNutty.
It's recommended to remove suspect mods to avoid issues.

To learn more about ColonolNutty's suspicious activities, consider reviewing the relevant documentation by clicking here.

9 hours ago, hana120 said:

Outdated Tunable Resource Error

Outdated Tunable Resource requires removing.

Tunable Game Resource with name 'si_CityInvites_GoToTheOpera' contains incorrect/outdated information.

You need to locate the PACKAGE file, in your The Sims 4 Mods folder, that contains this resource and remove it. Try starting with the oldest modifications you have.
If this is a new issue, try removing the most recent mod you have installed.

ColonolNutty's Mod Warning

Offensive creator content recognized.

Due to community demand in recognizing offensive individuals in The Sims community, you are being warned about using content that is or was made by, associated with, or depends on the individual known as ColonolNutty.
It's recommended to remove suspect mods to avoid issues.

To learn more about ColonolNutty's suspicious activities, consider reviewing the relevant documentation by clicking here.

Sims4community library is not compatible with wicked whims, and is not compatible either with mccc. You have to remove it if you want to keep using wicked whims and/or mccc. The other mod is outdated, you can see if an updated version compatible with game version 1.96 exists, or otherwise remove it. 

On 3/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

Sims4community library is not compatible with wicked whims, and is not compatible either with mccc. You have to remove it if you want to keep using wicked whims and/or mccc. The other mod is outdated, you can see if an updated version compatible with game version 1.96 exists, or otherwise remove it. 

I deleted Sims4Communitylib.
I have removed the Trait mod file as well as the MCCC file which allowed me to have all the traits.
I still have the error.
I can't see which mod the "si_CityInvites_GoToTheOpera" is from.

32 minutes ago, hana120 said:

I deleted Sims4Communitylib.
I have removed the Trait mod file as well as the MCCC file which allowed me to have all the traits.
I still have the error.
I can't see which mod the "si_CityInvites_GoToTheOpera" is from.

If you do not have a mod that adds more invitations to events then it might be just the base game invitations included in the expansion pack "city living". There you have a few telephone calls to go to the circus, the opera and a few more, so that could be it. The only thing is that it does not make sense because, you know, EA updates its tunings, so the only possible explanation are:

1- That you have corrupted game files (do a game repair), or

2- You have an outdated version of sims 4 (update it), or

3- You have a pirated copy of sims 4 that includes outdated files. 

In any case, if that is not the problem (meaning that you are not in any of the three named situations) UPLOAD THE FULL ERROR FILE instead of just fragments of it, please. That way it would be much easier to find ALL the errors and problems, instead of solving one and then you get new different ones.  

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
4 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

If you do not have a mod that adds more invitations to events then it might be just the base game invitations included in the expansion pack "city living". There you have a few telephone calls to go to the circus, the opera and a few more, so that could be it. The only thing is that it does not make sense because, you know, EA updates its tunings, so the only possible explanation is that you have corrupted game files (do a game repair), or you have an outdated version of sims 4 (update it) or you have a pirated copy of sims 4 that includes outdated tuning. 

In any case, if that is not the problem (meaning that you are not in any of the three named situations) UPLOAD THE FULL ERROR FILE instead of just fragments of it, please. That way it would be much easier to find ALL the errors and problems, instead of solving one and then you get new different ones.  

For the game, actually I'm going through Sims Architect.
I didn't buy it because the game with its addons is still way too expensive.
But until now, I never had any problem with it.

• 1 month later...

I haven’t figured out which mod crashes my game yet.
But I found the source. it’s my sim that’s connected to Cassandra Gothik.

Let me explain to you.
Here, I did a test, in Manage Homes, I divided my house.
I put Cassandra in another house and my sims in another.
Then I went back to Manage Homes and chose the house with Cassandra. No worries. To make sure it wasn’t her either, I moved her into a house alone without my sims and her child. Once again, no worries.
The game worked out.
Then I chose the house containing my sims. I launched the game, error message, back to the choice of worlds.
I went back to Cassandra who is alone, I made my sims appear with the MCCC to summon her, I asked her to move to the new house where Cassandra was. So far, no problem.
Then I went back to Manage Worlds, and I chose home with my sims and Cassandra again, error message again.

So it’s my sims from one of my sims homes that I created that causes this problem.

Edited by hana120