On 4/16/2023 at 2:05 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

This is total BS!!! I loved my gf deeply and she loved me just the same. She told me things that she'd never told anyone else- even her own family. I would have risked my life for her without a second thought had she needed me to. So you can fuck right off!

My grandfather is in his 70s, and before I was born, my grandmother died from a stroke. My grandfather never remarried and a few months ago, I finally asked him why that was. Here's what he said.

"She was the only one for me. I remember the first time we met. I was 17 at the time, and I was walking down the street, and just as I was about to go into a diner to meet with my friends, I saw a girl standing there by a shop window, looking at the dresses on display. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever saw. Her blonde hair, her white dress with blue flowers. I walked up to her and asked her how she was doing. Normally, a girl would just ignore me or tell me to leave her alone. But she was different. She smiled, and said, 'I'm ok. How about you?'. We struck up a conversation that lasted so long that my friends had to practically drag me away from her. However, she and I met again the next day at that same location, and after that, it became routine. 4 years later, we married. 6 years later, we had your mother. When she passed, I was... well, you could imagine how I was. There was a point that I considered remarrying, but my heart would never let me, because my heart knows that I could never love another woman the way I did your grandmother."