On both EA App and Origin you can only have one computer logged in at a time.

In origin, it logs you off so you can't use the Gallery. You can even start Origin off line.

In EA, it "crashes" the EA app. It says it crashes any game going at the time, but it crash the game. Also, EA App says you can log in without the internet (useful if you play offline on a lap top while traveling) but that doesn't work. You HAVE to be online.

Ergo, EA is much worse than Origin and the goal seems to be to make each person in your household buy a separate copy of the games.

TL:DR Origin okay, EA App stinks like Steam.

On 3/12/2023 at 11:05 AM, MrGrey said:

. It says it crashes any game going at the time, but it crash the game.

I thought it wrote "... but it doesn't crash the game."

EA fixed it. Now it really does crash the game.

Never buying anything EA again.

Well, for me Origin worked pretty well. I only used it once, when i turned auto-updates off, but after that i never had any issue, and i basically did not have to see, think or touch it, which is exactly what i wanted. Only reason i had it in my computer is because sims 4 in steam did not work without origin but like i say, no complains at all about origin app (other than being a piece of useless crap). 

EA App is very problematic for lots and lots of users. I do not like it, i do not want to use it, or see it, or even think that it exists, but there is no way to make sims 4 to work without tweaking the settings 100 times. The app starts automatically (yes i know i can turn that off but them my sims 4 does not start) and it is a pain in the ass, total useless garbage.

Steam i have being using for years, a lot of different games, and i had never ever have any problem or complain at all, other than now requiring EA app for the sims 4 to work. 

Maybe the opinion of people that actually uses origin or EA app to play their games is different, but like i said, i do not like them, do not use them, do not want to, and have no intention to.

• 2 weeks later...

Origin was BEYOND HORRIBLE, I was NEVER able to Update my Sims4 Base game until recently with this EA app. - some glitch with using a VPN to log into the Sims4 site in America, from here in Germany, to get some downloads unavailable on the Sims4 German site...EA/ORIGIN BASTARDS.  It is beyond mind blowing how they control what each region of the World is allowed access to - even though you paid, in most cases, more for the product than other users.  Origin and the EA App have 1 MAJOR FLAW though, removing them from your system is next to impossible.  The EA app removed Origin, however . . .hehehe . . . .The Fucking EA App, on a Windows system cannot be removed - Bleach Bit could not do it . . .Fucking Insane.  It's just mind numbing to me that no Class action Lawsuit has been filed against EA yet,( Who has the Time, I suppose?).  So, after Updating my Game from 2018 Time-frame, I was amazed at the Piece of Shit product that now exists on my HD.  Changing Pronouns/Words for Gameplay?  This Game has turned into a REALITY EPISODE FOR SAN FRANSISCO - Just need a SMELLY BUMS ON DRUGS game pack to end this franchise on a High Note.  Fuck EA and all Gatekeepers.  Rant over  ? - ROCK ON!  (Sims4Germany)  

20 hours ago, ExtraGlade said:

I've actually never really had any issues with Origin and I've heard a LOT of bad things about the forced EA App. There is a way to keep Origin and not install the forced app. 

If you find a way to keep Origin, please let me know.  My child says that no only can she not play sims 4, but sims 3 and MySims. I'm getting a little bit of heck for his.

I've some issue times to times, but manage to fix this sh1t :

- close all application EA and find any process/service from EA and kill them.

- go on "EA Desktop" folder (i.e. : C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop) and run "EAUpdater.exe".

- Relaunch and cross your fingers.

On 4/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, MrGrey said:

If you find a way to keep Origin, please let me know.  My child says that no only can she not play sims 4, but sims 3 and MySims. I'm getting a little bit of heck for his.

https://twitter.com/p0358/status/1635796691902160896  --  Here is the workaround. Also, as I messed this up the first time, put the lines of code after <Settings>, not before as he says. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

Well, for me Origin worked pretty well. I only used it once, when i turned auto-updates off, but after that i never had any issue, and i basically did not have to see, think or touch it, which is exactly what i wanted. Only reason i had it in my computer is because sims 4 in steam did not work without origin but like i say, no complains at all about origin app (other than being a piece of useless crap). 

EA App is very problematic for lots and lots of users. I do not like it, i do not want to use it, or see it, or even think that it exists, but there is no way to make sims 4 to work without tweaking the settings 100 times. The app starts automatically (yes i know i can turn that off but them my sims 4 does not start) and it is a pain in the ass, total useless garbage.

Steam i have being using for years, a lot of different games, and i had never ever have any problem or complain at all, other than now requiring EA app for the sims 4 to work. 

Maybe the opinion of people that actually uses origin or EA app to play their games is different, but like i said, i do not like them, do not use them, do not want to, and have no intention to.

How do you manage to get the game started without EA?  I have fought with it until Im sick of it, finally gave in and used the EA app, shitty as it is.  Like has been mentioned, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont. 7 or 8 times out of 10 it logs off so I cant access the gallery, and wont log back on without a restart.  I have a good bit of CC so my older gaming laptop takes a few mins to load. I guess I should step up to a newer more powerful unit, but I only play a couple games, so it seems kind of frivolous to spend 1400-1800 on a machine for 2 or 3 games...

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for the neco of this post, but as you all are aware (if you still used Origin after the forced shitty EA app), EA pretty much made Origin not usable. You get a white screen with the saying pretty much to use the EA app. 

There is a temporary solution to this, https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/14ejdl6/new_solution_for_still_using_origin_june_19/ 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZwJ5k7rCS1-u1keki4IgrfFYYTIhswvR/view 

Now, I don't really know how this works, as I was told to copy and paste the .exe and .dll to replace the existing ones. I tried and I don't see the paste option. Soooo..... :sweat: