or found a substitute for the Shock Collar?

• 11 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 8:26 AM, pére-vitine said:

for some mods that require the slave collar to be worn, a rope or cloth necklace or a small discreet chain would be nicer than a big metal one that flashes red. 

Is there a mod like that?

You can always just boot up xEdit and go into the ARMA record for the shock collar and change the nif to something more to your liking.

Actually, let me give a little mini tutorial. 

First find the form ID of the collar. Open the console and type help "XXXXXXXXXXXX" 4 ARMO where the Xs are the name of the object to look it up. Start up xEdit and type that form ID in the search bar in the top left corner. xEdit will jump to the item's ARMO record, which is basically its game-stats record sheet.

Note that for Devious Devices items, because of the way they work, you will need to click on the "rendered" version - the Form ID will probably point you to the "inventory" version.

image.png.ebeaf92f51f4ee2fd6618b2214e202db.png

Next, scroll through the right-side window until you find the "models" section. Find the linked ARMA record and control-click on it.

image.png.179e1132b2060cfeb2abbe0dcdcf6dcd.png

That will take you to the ARMA record, which you can think of as the second page of the item's record sheet. It tends to deal more with technical characteristics rather than game characteristics (I'm really oversimplifying here). Note that some items have more than one ARMA because through crafting you can change its appearance.

In the ARMA record, you'll see the female and/or male world models. You can edit the model file name to point to a different 3D model.

image.png.989e064df8687d0ddb45c06307497aeb.png

And alternate way to do this on mods like "Just Business" is to edit the quest(s) that equip a slave collar to use a different item. Here you can see a personal edit I made to JB to use the Vault-Tec Slave Collar from Devious Devices instead of the vanilla bomb collar.

image.png.0b58b6adb87e5b37ec363a5ee795f798.png

Note that for mods that check for a specific slave collar, you might also have to edit a form list or dialogue conditions - different mods use different technical approaches. If your interest is purely cosmetic, the first method I described where you patch in a different nif file might be the easiest way to go.

Hope that helps!

Edited by gregaaz
  • 3 weeks later...