Mark Silver Posted May 8, 2024 Posted May 8, 2024 For those who want a copy of the last version of the mod: kidnapmod-1.12.2-1.3.1.jar 2
ghomn Posted July 13, 2024 Posted July 13, 2024 Good news everyone! After hours of work I have manually fixed 71 compilation errors of decompiled code, and now kidnapmod seems to be running from built source flawlessly! I am preparing to publish it, but I need to find where to host source code, download, and possibly server. I will try finding shady VPS just in case. I am also currently working on making a mod to bypass mojang auth server and use third party one (which is already implemented) and ignore mojang blacklist (which is not yet implemented).
nemoamadeus Posted July 16, 2024 Posted July 16, 2024 On 7/13/2024 at 10:41 AM, ghomn said: Good news everyone! After hours of work I have manually fixed 71 compilation errors of decompiled code, and now kidnapmod seems to be running from built source flawlessly! I am preparing to publish it, but I need to find where to host source code, download, and possibly server. I will try finding shady VPS just in case. I am also currently working on making a mod to bypass mojang auth server and use third party one (which is already implemented) and ignore mojang blacklist (which is not yet implemented). I've heard that gitgud.io is better for some privacy features. I can't guarantee it from experience, but it may be a solution for the source code. As far as hosting, dunno. Seems like as long as you put a proactive backup in place and keep plans for swapping (and don't make too much noise) it should be fine. I'm more interested in single-player solutions myself, so available source code would do wonders.
ghomn Posted August 2, 2024 Posted August 2, 2024 Full source code now available at gitlab: https://gitlab.com/ghomn-lvlab/kidnapmod @nemoamadeus good luck with modding!
Mark Silver Posted October 13, 2024 Posted October 13, 2024 The next time minecraft trys to go after one of these mods I am surprised no one fights back against them with a similar argument that the people who made the action replay (Cheat code injector for the DS) used against Nintendo. Could be a way to go against companies that tries to restrict what mods can exist.
Kupok Posted October 15, 2024 Posted October 15, 2024 On 4/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, flongius said: are we reading the same post? it says it's gone I suppose that was a little too blunt to be taken as satire. See, this specific subforum is for mods, rather then the discussion of mods. I had hopped to express that with my satirical post.  On 5/8/2024 at 4:48 PM, Mark Silver said: For those who want a copy of the last version of the mod: kidnapmod-1.12.2-1.3.1.jar 22.59 MB · 47 downloads But hay! There it is, the mod!  On 10/13/2024 at 5:42 PM, Mark Silver said: The next time minecraft trys to go after one of these mods I am surprised no one fights back against them with a similar argument that the people who made the action replay (Cheat code injector for the DS) used against Nintendo. Could be a way to go against companies that tries to restrict what mods can exist. Just so we're clear, Microsoft "went after" mods and servers who were _making money_ off the work. Which.. I mean, for minecraft that is already kind of a janky grey zone, Minecraft servers have been making money off premium features on their servers for decades now. In general though, especially for sex mods, It's a bad idea to take money for it. The profit thing is what really revs up the lawyers.
skyrimfanatic23 Posted August 13 Posted August 13 there was a mod here some time ago called "tied up" which was a port of the 1.12.2 mod to 1.20.1 I am actively looking for that version but no luck with google and it's not on here as far as I am aware. Anyone have ideas on where to find it?
DeltaFiend Posted August 14 Posted August 14 On 8/13/2026 at 3:59 PM, skyrimfanatic23 said: there was a mod here some time ago called "tied up" which was a port of the 1.12.2 mod to 1.20.1 I am actively looking for that version but no luck with google and it's not on here as far as I am aware. Anyone have ideas on where to find it? It used to have a thread on here, but then disappeared without any explanation. I try to keep a backup of those things when I can, but don't really want to risk sharing and get nuked for it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now