[Nude Mod Request] Sons of the Forest - Virginia

Hi everyone,

So Sons of the Forest is now out on steam. Its getting "Very Positive" reviews and its already passed 200,000 concurrent players. So with seeing popular the game is at the moment I would like to request a nude mod for the game.

The main mod I would love to see is a naked mod for the character Virginia. Players meet her early on and have to gain her trust for her to join you. She often moves around very sensually. Is ranges from how she walks to how she washes her self by the river side or under a water falls. Its all very sensual. She even dances for the player, some times she will dance around a tree as if it was a pole.

She may have 3 arms and 3 legs (as she is a mutant) but she's still hot. She also wears a skin tight swimsuit and you can see her nipples poking through, and if she gets wet. Either by rain or a river/water fall etc her outfit goes transparent and you can see her nipples clearly.

So i was hoping that some amazing modder out there might be able to make a nude mod for her so we can see her fully naked. Or at the least make it so she always has her wet skin active so we can see her nipples through her outfit all the time.

SotF-V.jpg

I haven't got her as a companion yet, but from what I've seen you can give her other outfits to wear, and personality I love how they did the see through aspects of her default outfit. So I request if a nude version of one of the other outfits would be a better option, because I like her default a lot.

It looks a lot like her swimsuit clips on her body occasionally, so depending on how fully modelled she is and how easy it is to edit files, it may just be a matter of texturing her swimsuit to be invisible or replacing it with a blank texture. Hopefully someone does look into it, the game seems like it's got a lot of players, maybe enough that modders might take an interest.

12 hours ago, Demised said:

I haven't got her as a companion yet, but from what I've seen you can give her other outfits to wear, and personality I love how they did the see through aspects of her default outfit. So I request if a nude version of one of the other outfits would be a better option, because I like her default a lot.

Well i have put almost 20 hours in to the game now and i haven't seen any sign of been able to change her outfit. I have been able to give her 2 weapons and a gps device but have not yet seen a way to give her new cloths or armour.

So at least if this is her only outfit should make life easier for mods, as they will only need to worry about 1 outfit to mod.

2 hours ago, Daguy2021 said:

It looks a lot like her swimsuit clips on her body occasionally, so depending on how fully modelled she is and how easy it is to edit files, it may just be a matter of texturing her swimsuit to be invisible or replacing it with a blank texture. Hopefully someone does look into it, the game seems like it's got a lot of players, maybe enough that modders might take an interest.

Ye i have noticed that her body from time to time clips through he outfit. I bet under it she already has the naked body with the nipples detailed as we can alrady see from when she gets wet. But its likely she will not have a detailed pussy.

7 hours ago, xnajoe said:

Well i have put almost 20 hours in to the game now and i haven't seen any sign of been able to change her outfit. I have been able to give her 2 weapons and a gps device but have not yet seen a way to give her new cloths or armour.

So at least if this is her only outfit should make life easier for mods, as they will only need to worry about 1 outfit to mod.

I don't remember where, but I found a blue floral dress somewhere that I was able to give her. So there is at least one more outfit out there.

7 hours ago, DORODERE said:

I don't remember where, but I found a blue floral dress somewhere that I was able to give her. So there is at least one more outfit out there.

ok thats cool then, ill have to keep an eye out for it. when she wears if can you still see her nipples when it rains or she gets wet? and when she sits or is moving around are you able to see if she has any panties on?

2 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

in game model

Thats interesting.

So it looks like officially they have given her a detailed pussy! and going by this then under her outfit her body is actually missing. So her outfit with the nipples poking through must be kept separate from her actual body, and when she gets wet when we can see her nipples properly through the outfit im guessing that a different texture on the outfit?

I just assumed the outfit was layered on top of her body model. As you can sometimes see the skin clipping through the outfit. I also assumed her body had the fully detailed breasts and when she gets wet i though the texture of the outfit just got made transparent to allow us to see her nipples more.

With her missing her body under the outfit does this mean its going to be a lot harder for people to make a nude mod for her?

1 hour ago, xnajoe said:

Thats interesting.

So it looks like officially they have given her a detailed pussy! and going by this then under her outfit her body is actually missing. So her outfit with the nipples poking through must be kept separate from her actual body, and when she gets wet when we can see her nipples properly through the outfit im guessing that a different texture on the outfit?

I just assumed the outfit was layered on top of her body model. As you can sometimes see the skin clipping through the outfit. I also assumed her body had the fully detailed breasts and when she gets wet i though the texture of the outfit just got made transparent to allow us to see her nipples more.

With her missing her body under the outfit does this mean its going to be a lot harder for people to make a nude mod for her?

Hahaha

yeah "wetmaps" are overlayed. It's an artistic texture not mesh. 

wouldn't be easy to mod, because files would have to be repacked as .assets, and this requires an access to game files. but everything is obfuscated. 

Unpacking is the ez part. Repacking is the hard part. 

To unpack files and explore:

https://github.com/AssetRipper/AssetRipper

1. Run assetripper on .asset file

2. Install any 2021+ version of unity. 

3. Load all relevant models / files to preview

4: you can export models to FBX using a unity package called "unity to FBX"

5. Would have to manually reassemble 3d assets in 3D software like Blender

Why did devs add vagina?

Probably just a leftover texture from the early 3D art production phased. 

Or maybe they are adding Sex in the next update. 

On 2/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, VirginiaPuffton said:

Hahaha

yeah "wetmaps" are overlayed. It's an artistic texture not mesh. 

wouldn't be easy to mod, because files would have to be repacked as .assets, and this requires an access to game files. but everything is obfuscated. 

Unpacking is the ez part. Repacking is the hard part. 

To unpack files and explore:

https://github.com/AssetRipper/AssetRipper

1. Run assetripper on .asset file

2. Install any 2021+ version of unity. 

3. Load all relevant models / files to preview

4: you can export models to FBX using a unity package called "unity to FBX"

5. Would have to manually reassemble 3d assets in 3D software like Blender

Why did devs add vagina?

Probably just a leftover texture from the early 3D art production phased. 

Or maybe they are adding Sex in the next update. 

I've extracted the assets but they just extract as assets not as a file I can load or see I'm not sure how to import them into unity, they don't show up. The unity package download requires a license number to use so I can't use that. Is there a step I'm missing?

After playing more of the game and exploring i can confirm she does have more than 1 outfit. She starts off with the swimsuit that when wet lets you see her nipples. As for other outfits so far i have found a flowery dress & like a camo suite. You can swap her outfits between the three of them by the look of it when ever you want.

Im not sure yet if either the dress or camo suite has any fans service like the swimsuit does. If it is possible to get a nude mod going id like to see it replace the swimsuit. That way we can get her naked right away without having to explore the island for hours looking for one of the other outfits.

If making a full nude mod is too advanced for the tools that are currently available, then what about just making the swimsuit always wet so we can see her nipples all the time.

I have just seen this while google image searching Virginia. Not sure if its a mod someone has made or if its a photoshop. 

If it is a mod it looks good, but id prefer her to have her default boob size rather than have them made bigger.

a9101044dea221fe7f0afe931fde0b7c.jpg

1 hour ago, whateverdontcare said:

Those boobs look AI generated

Yes, and it is 180% obvious from the actual model that they are WAY, WAAAAAY too big. Virginia looks to me like she's a B cup, C at the very max and in that mocked up AI photo they're E or F.

I think it would be possible at least use the texture replacer plugin for bepinex to keep her default swimsuit as the transparent version.
But the only nude mod I can imagine would require replacing the swimsuit texture with an edited version, which means no more swimsuit.

They weren't hard to find in the assets with the right tools, but the compression format breaks UABE-A, and UAS has a stroke trying to load any of the asset files.
I don't think modding the raw files is going to be possible until we get some tooling updates.

It was disappointing to find there is no base skin texture other than the swimsuit.
But I'm willing to bet the developers may have seen nude mods on the horizon, and may have intentionally made it somewhat difficult.

Unfortunately, anyone who makes the edit will need some decent skills and the appropriate tools.
The normal maps would need to match, and there's some masks that may need to be edited to make things look right.

I'm working on a texture replacer mod at the moment, but I have some doubts it will work. We'll see.

Didn't work lol
Might try manually replacing the textures but also doubt it will work.

Edited by Snowfox910
On 2/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, xnajoe said:

After playing more of the game and exploring i can confirm she does have more than 1 outfit. She starts off with the swimsuit that when wet lets you see her nipples. As for other outfits so far i have found a flowery dress & like a camo suite. You can swap her outfits between the three of them by the look of it when ever you want.

There are five different options, but the leathersuit and tracksuit are not mentioned anywhere (I think).

Look at the SonsOfTheForest_Data\StreamingAssets\aa\StandaloneWindows64 subfolder and you get all the info.

image.png.3dc22e30d6394d69807221f040a0f2da.png