Looking for mod advice

I've recently started modding again since the AE update disaster, and was looking for advice on good mods for M/M playthroughs.

I like devious devices, but I've never really gotten deviously cursed loot to play nice with other mods, so I was looking for alternatives. I have Laura's bondage shop so I can still (hopefully) buy and wear some of the devices.

I also have various mods I might like to use, but I'm playing around because they overlap and activate at the same time. (Things like horrible harrassment for him and public whore).

I'm using SOS and tempered skins (I have HIMBO installed, but I don't think it changed anything) with racemenu for the body as well as KS hair and a nice eye mod.

At the moment I have Dangerous Nights, Defeat, Public Whore, Radiant prostitution, DD, horrible harrassment, Slap da Butt, Spank dat Ass and body search installed (along with zaz and furniture - though I'm not sure about furniture as I find invisible anims often don't line up).

I have DCL downloaded, but turned off - I think if I play with this it'll have to be its own playthrough with no other mods (unless others have ideas).

I've tried kidnapping, but that was conflicting with defeat and making stuff janky, and without that it made simple slavery superflous, so I turned that off as well.

Also with SOS and tempered skins I was having a problem with body and neck colours. For anyone having this issue, what worked for me was removing the male body textures from SOS completely. I have a feeling SOS and tempered skins were fighting over which body texture to use, making the body shaded/darker.

For animations I'm using the Sexlab anim pack, so a lot of Leito and Billy with M2M mods. I've stayed male in sexlab, but turned off the part where it puts the right actor in the right gender spot so it can use more animations with mixed results. I think it'll be a case of seeing each animation over time and turning off those that don't look right. I think if I set my character to female then the M2M mods will never play.

Does anyone have any combos of mods they like for a male PC? (gay or bisexual rather than straight)

If himbo didn't change anything did you make sure to actually build the bodies in bodyslide? Look up a tutorial on how to do it online. You mentioned racemenu... which tbh is weird to mention that mods pretty much anyone with sexlab has, which makes me worried that you didn't mention any skeletons, make sure to pair up himbo with apropriate skeleton. Body search I'm pretty sure is build with female in mind, but maybe it will still play ball with male char? Public whore is similar, the mods description seems to imply female character but maybe can still work with male char, just something to test before you commit to the save fully. Horrible harassment has very much lines and animations with female character in mind, but again I'm not sure if it would just straight up refuse to work for male char. I wish I had some solid recommendations but I never tried male playthrough, could try this one and the other mods mentioned inside.

I mainly mention racemenu because it changes the face. I use the XP32 skeleton.

I didn't use the bodyslide, though I do have it installed. I might look into it, I've never had luck using it before because it's always seemed to be built for female character bodytypes. 

Unfortunately, most mods are built with females in mind.

There is a male version of horrible harrassment that I have running.

Public whore doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference between genders, from what I've played so far.

It is a shame about the animations in bodysearch being for women, but the majority of animations are.

16 hours ago, Manga_bird said:

I didn't use the bodyslide, though I do have it installed. I might look into it, I've never had luck using it before because it's always seemed to be built for female character bodytypes. 

That would be the reason why himbo did nothing then, you have to build the body and outfits for the body. There are plenty of tutorials about that on youtube and other sites.

16 hours ago, Manga_bird said:

I did it! I used the bodyslide! It was easier than I thought it would be...I had to do it without physics though. The physics did weird and terrible things.

How many frames per second do you get? If you get over 60 then physics start freaking out, even basic ones thats already in skyrim, there might be a fix for it in SE? Idk I never bothered to look into it as 60 fps is more than enough for me. But also honestly... for men not having physics is not the biggest deal probably, I used himbo for npcs at one point and I don't remember if pecs etc had physics on them anyway. Maybe you missed some step in setting up your skyrim? On LE you can use beth ini to customize skyrim ini file to what you need and it has auto settings too, you can probably use it on SE as well? Might not fix the physics but will be useful either way.

More importantly though I remembered a mod you could maybe use if you want mostly sub content (though not exclusively),  it does have some nasty content you might wanna disable in MCM if you are not into it (like VERY detailed rimming descriptions, maybe too detailed for a lot of people etc), also by default its for female PC but in the MCM you can change it to male (gives you some sort of item you use to activate this feature? not 100% sure again I never did male playthrough sorry), it also  has voice files in this thread:
Edit: though it might have some male on female content you'd wanna disable, I THINK it would mostly be male on male though

Edited by Karkhel

How many frames per second do you get? If you get over 60 then physics start freaking out, even basic ones thats already in skyrim, there might be a fix for it in SE? Idk I never bothered to look into it as 60 fps is more than enough for me. But also honestly... for men not having physics is not the biggest deal probably, I used himbo for npcs at one point and I don't remember if pecs etc had physics on them anyway. Maybe you missed some step in setting up your skyrim? On LE you can use beth ini to customize skyrim ini file to what you need and it has auto settings too, you can probably use it on SE as well? Might not fix the physics but will be useful either way.

I'm honestly not sure. I can't be running that many, I'm only using a gaming laptop. I'm guessing maybe I don't have the physics program installed right or something. I might play around with it again later, but it's not a huge issue.

Thanks for the mod, it looks interesting!