Custom Bow Mesh Problems

Cocein

I've been trying to make a custom bow and put it in the game. It appears fine in nifskope, and it imports into the creation kit, but in the creation kit and in game, it garbles up my geometry in some weird way. It's hard to describe, but I put some pictures below. Does anyone know what would cause an effect like this? Because I spent a day looking around, and can't find anything.

What did you do after export ? i mean finalize it in nifskope ? 

I used the steel bow nif, deleted the branch for the mesh, and copied the mesh branch of my exported model into it. Then changed the textures to a blank red texture for testing purposes.

Try these

Open two file. Vanilla bow and your custom bow.

Copy NiTriShapeData the custom bow and paste into vanilla bow.

Highlight NiSkinInstance the custom bow, in block detail set the skeleton root to "None" (double click and enter) then copy the NiSkinInstance and paste into vanilla bow.

In vanila bow highlight the NiSkinInstance that you just paste in, set back the "Skeleton Root" into "0"

Link your custom NiTriShapeData and NiSkinInstance in Steel Bow NiTriShape. Then you can delete the vanilla NiTriShapeData and NiSkinInstance of steel bow.

Dont forget to Update Tangent space.

Try these

Open two file. Vanilla bow and your custom bow.
Copy NiTriShapeData the custom bow and paste into vanilla bow.
Highlight NiSkinInstance the custom bow, in block detail set the skeleton root to "None" (double click and enter) then copy the NiSkinInstance and paste into vanilla bow.
In vanila bow highlight the NiSkinInstance that you just paste in, set back the "Skeleton Root" into "0"
Link your custom NiTriShapeData and NiSkinInstance in Steel Bow NiTriShape. Then you can delete the vanilla NiTriShapeData and NiSkinInstance of steel bow.
Dont forget to Update Tangent space.

Tried performing these exact actions on a new nif. Didn't work. Same garbled geometry.

Tried performing these exact actions on a new nif. Didn't work. Same garbled geometry.

Dont know about anything else then, perhaps shader flag but i doubt it. So far all my custom bow works great with the exact same way i mention. Have you try to re-skinning your custom bow mesh.   

Okay, I finally got it to work. I tried ticking off "generate partition strips" when exporting using the settings from that tutorial video and rebuilt the nif. That seems to have fixed my problem, though I'm still not certain how.

Archived