Coral Island

Did anyone unpack the npc package, containing the game's original images? The package was provided here some weeks ago. It seems missing  a lot. No merefolk no Leah etc. It would be perfect If anybody could provide a full package. 

Possibly I could replace the faces with the originals. Then the emotion variants would bei included.

@buscaminas your preview image is not visible. Could you please provide it again?

2 hours ago, buscaminas said:

I made this image.thumb.jpeg.aba371398786cb955f4ba5e4427366bc.jpeg

Edited by Monim54
6 hours ago, buscaminas said:

I can't figure out why it shows all those lines around the character. If anyone knows the reason for this please explain the method to correct it. Thank you.

lmao what the hell, alice got herself stuck in the tesseract

never seen that, what program are you using?

1 hour ago, Dorian Bates said:

lmao what the hell, alice got herself stuck in the tesseract

never seen that, what program are you using?

Photoshop, also Clip Studio Paint

Edited by buscaminas
21 hours ago, Monim54 said:

Did anyone unpack the npc package, containing the game's original images? The package was provided here some weeks ago. It seems missing  a lot. No merefolk no Leah etc. It would be perfect If anybody could provide a full package. 

Possibly I could replace the faces with the originals. Then the emotion variants would bei included.

@buscaminas your preview image is not visible. Could you please provide it again?

I tried to extract the merfolk assets, but recently whenever I try to extract files with umodel I run into this 'integer zero divide' error. Does anyone know how to fix it? I used the AES key and can view the files, just not extract them. I've also tried to extract the game's models but I get the same problem.

image.png.d04ef528b2f045e16b266d19d9c3ebe6.png

I did extract all of the human portraits a while back, so hopefully some of the missing things are in there. The merfolk are in a separate folder, so I didn't extract them initially, sorry.

Coral_Island_NPC_Portraits.zip

11 hours ago, buscaminas said:

Alice_Wedding_Blushing.tgaI would like to use this in the game without putting it in the mod folder is that even possible? I mean as part of the original game.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly - as in replace the original game files? There may be a way to do it but why would you want to? Mods are easier to enable/disable and they should give the same result anyways.

4 hours ago, cloudy.cosmos said:

I tried to extract the merfolk assets, but recently whenever I try to extract files with umodel I run into this 'integer zero divide' error. Does anyone know how to fix it? I used the AES key and can view the files, just not extract them. I've also tried to extract the game's models but I get the same problem.

image.png.d04ef528b2f045e16b266d19d9c3ebe6.png

I did extract all of the human portraits a while back, so hopefully some of the missing things are in there. The merfolk are in a separate folder, so I didn't extract them initially, sorry.

Coral_Island_NPC_Portraits.zip 954.47 MB · 6 downloads

Thank you! Strange error message, no idea what the reason is.

15 hours ago, buscaminas said:

Alice_Wedding_Blushing.tgaI would like to use this in the game without putting it in the mod folder is that even possible? I mean as part of the original game.

No, the only way I know is to create a package containing the cooked asset. 

On 4/4/2024 at 4:02 AM, Demonwise said:

Here is all the npc artwork. Have fun, knock your socks off. Too big to direct attach so I put it up on Mega.

https://mega.nz/file/1slzFRjS#DsU67QKmyA3KD1wUvaKfLdm4vbSa9IWA6nyJUKAAwqc

Just an fyi, the portraits in this one are in DDS format (lossy compression), while the ones I just posted is are TGA format (lossless compression). Either could be best depending on your needs – the DDS one is about 1/3 of the file size.

On 4/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, Demonwise said:

Here is all the npc artwork. Have fun, knock your socks off. Too big to direct attach so I put it up on Mega.

https://mega.nz/file/1slzFRjS#DsU67QKmyA3KD1wUvaKfLdm4vbSa9IWA6nyJUKAAwqc

Awesome! Thank you!

I have a working proof of concept for a nude texture. It replaces the 3D texture of the swimwear Alice wears. 

In your extracted files look for e.g. Alice/Optimized/Beachwear and alter the T_NPC_AliceBathingSuit_D.dds 

When adding that file as cooked asset in the pak file, you will have a different looking 3D model of Alice in swimwear walking around. 

As my artistic skill is ... not present, I can add altered textures of skilled artists like @Dorian Bates

4 hours ago, Monim54 said:

I have a working proof of concept for a nude texture. It replaces the 3D texture of the swimwear Alice wears. 

In your extracted files look for e.g. Alice/Optimized/Beachwear and alter the T_NPC_AliceBathingSuit_D.dds 

When adding that file as cooked asset in the pak file, you will have a different looking 3D model of Alice in swimwear walking around. 

o shit huge tech brother, that could open a lot of doors

21 hours ago, buscaminas said:

I know nothing about Alpha being on the TGA's cause in Clip Studio it doesn't appear. That being said how can we solve it.

@Dorian Bates mentioned something earlier about an alpha scrub software for PNG files, maybe that could help?

9 hours ago, buscaminas said:

Could you make the .pak again with the new file. Thank you.

I'll do it this time, but please keep in mind it's a time consuming process. I'd appreciate it if you could wait until you have some major changes to ask for another .pak (e.g. a new character), since it's faster to pack multiple things at once. Otherwise, I'm happy to DM you the process if you would like to have a go at it yourself.

EvaRedraw_P.pak