Coral Island

Well... I kept flailing around in blender and came up with something... I found a female player model buried in the folder tree that looks much more detailed and is much closer to a 'nude' model. Downside is that it has a generic bald head. So I took the other player model with the default outfit and snipped out all the vertices of the outfit that I didn't want, snipped off the head of the 'nude' model and came up with a bit of a frankenstein-ed monstrosity/masterpiece. I like how I was able to keep the arm bands and boots. Kind of gives the appearance that the farmer is a nudist but a practical one. Like, "I don't want to wear clothes but I also understand that my feet will rot off into stumps if I don't wear shoes." You know, that kind of nudist. Lol.

This sadly, may be as far as I go. I am still very much a novice when it comes to 3d moddeling and blender. I don't know if the skeleton is right, the textures line up or if it is even a problem to have a disembodied head 'glued' to the top of another model. Lol. So I will share what I have along with the blender file and if anyone feels ambitious enough to pick this up and finish it or if someone just wants to use it for inspiration go right ahead, more power to ya.  

Spoiler

NudeFarmerPotential-1.thumb.png.a7c2e93ffebbb2a56cee6b539c98e8a1.png

NudeFarmerPotential-2.thumb.png.9cf969bfa1e2f0e6da738bfb5f687058.png

NudeFarmerPotential-3.png.7bb9625d0a1cff0958c42fd6d8dbbefd.png

NudeFarmerPotential.blend

Edited by Demonwise

also to get to some other things that have been said

On 2/16/2024 at 7:22 PM, cloudy.cosmos said:

I was wondering if you're posting these anywhere else/have somewhere else to follow you? Just don't wanna miss any updates you might have on this project.

currently no, but there is a discord I stream on while I'm drawing. It was originally a darkest dungeon modding group, but we had a bit of a falling out with the primary coder so it's mostly just us hanging out now. Regardless, if there's any interest I can put up an invite. Bear in mind it's a primarily furry community but as a merely furry adjacent myself I think I can safely attest they're pretty chill

On 2/23/2024 at 3:39 PM, alternisdim said:

Anyone know of any male nude work for this game? It would be nice to make everyone nude. Maybe have their blushing image have a boner too...

not so much, but I haven't gone looking. Personally I'm repressing my latent homosexual tendencies so I'm more likely to genderbend all the dudes for the ultimate harem island experience than to get they dicks out

Edited by Dorian Bates
On 3/2/2024 at 7:37 AM, Dorian Bates said:

finally got around to putting some more work in, Eva's done

Eva_BS_Default.thumb.png.a0bdbe5f098f5b603abc2ab00755788d.pngEva_Default_Spring.thumb.png.0bed278832f6ea407e4850a4ae0fbdc5.pngEva_Default_Summer.thumb.png.63b347c1b42bcce18fbf135d1d740212.pngEva_Default_Fall.thumb.png.7e0d95ce2f7c2854174b34bc01622e75.pngEva_Default_Winter.thumb.png.15b9913617bf0e66d5879f8094c81ffa.png

and the tga files

Eva.rarUnavailable

Eva.rar 35.38 MB · 35 downloads

Awesome! I've been hoping for an Eva one. Once again, here's the packaged mod. I didn't resize Eva's portraits since they seem to be close to the original ones already, but I did add her portraits to both the normal and resized packs I made before. Another thing I noticed – the modded portraits seem to have a bit of a harsh white outline in-game, but somehow my resized ones don't. I didn't do anything to them except resize and export them from GIMP, so I guess that automatically fixed it somehow.

By the way, I've tested it and if anyone wants to use any other portrait mods at the same time, like this Suki belly marks remover, it seems to be compatible (simply drop both into the Paks folder).

Enjoy : )

CoralNudes_P.pak CoralNudesResized_P.pak

Edited by cloudy.cosmos
On 3/2/2024 at 7:49 AM, Dorian Bates said:

currently no, but there is a discord I stream on while I'm drawing. It was originally a darkest dungeon modding group, but we had a bit of a falling out with the primary coder so it's mostly just us hanging out now. Regardless, if there's any interest I can put up an invite. Bear in mind it's a primarily furry community but as a merely furry adjacent myself I think I can safely attest they're pretty chill

not so much, but I haven't gone looking. Personally I'm repressing my latent homosexual tendencies so I'm more likely to genderbend all the dudes for the ultimate harem island experience than to get they dicks out

Ah good to know, please let me know if you end up making a Nexus Mods page or something like that.

I'm not sure if you're into that stuff but if you could do some futa/herm characters that would be amazing. Either adding a schlong to some of the female characters or converting some of the males to futas (I could maybe take a shot at figuring out how to rename characters if you wanna do that).

On 3/1/2024 at 3:49 PM, Dorian Bates said:

Would you (or anyone else) be able to briefly guide me how to do it myself then?

7 hours ago, alternisdim said:

Would you (or anyone else) be able to briefly guide me how to do it myself then?

you just gotta get the unpacked tga files, and those can just be edited like any other image type. As for actually getting those files, that's up to someone else to post cuz as I've previously mentioned I simply cannot parse how to manage the unpacker lol

On 3/2/2024 at 11:12 PM, cloudy.cosmos said:

Ah good to know, please let me know if you end up making a Nexus Mods page or something like that.

I'm not sure if you're into that stuff but if you could do some futa/herm characters that would be amazing. Either adding a schlong to some of the female characters or converting some of the males to futas (I could maybe take a shot at figuring out how to rename characters if you wanna do that).

not big on futa, but I could potentially be convinced. Regardless, primary issue with altering the dudes at this point is doing something about the 3d models, which ain't in my wheelhouse unfortunately

Anyway, Leah's done

for some reason leah is the only character that actually has a fundamentally different pose on some of her sprites. I mean not anymore cuz I couldn't be fucked but still, weird

Leah_BS_Default.thumb.png.4c657b3025e7b9f003c71df81fe79afc.pngLeah_Default_Spring.thumb.png.fad8ed35650831e7c5dfda0e53de1171.pngLeah_Default_Summer.thumb.png.acf0e65fe0e4b82d95dc0e953aa73e10.pngLeah_Default_Fall.thumb.png.3da6257bf77089369e0a1c3a7381d9d1.pngLeah_Default_Winter.thumb.png.2ddac0126834edcce54d78d47031a40c.png

and the tgas, edit: went and cleared the line on the spring sprites, always put in a canvas layer people

Leah.rar

Edited by Dorian Bates
On 3/5/2024 at 12:55 PM, Dorian Bates said:

you just gotta get the unpacked tga files, and those can just be edited like any other image type. As for actually getting those files, that's up to someone else to post cuz as I've previously mentioned I simply cannot parse how to manage the unpacker lol

not big on futa, but I could potentially be convinced. Regardless, primary issue with altering the dudes at this point is doing something about the 3d models, which ain't in my wheelhouse unfortunately

Anyway, Leah's done

for some reason leah is the only character that actually has a fundamentally different pose on some of her sprites. I mean not anymore cuz I couldn't be fucked but still, weird

Leah_BS_Default.thumb.png.4c657b3025e7b9f003c71df81fe79afc.pngLeah_Default_Spring.thumb.png.fad8ed35650831e7c5dfda0e53de1171.pngLeah_Default_Summer.thumb.png.acf0e65fe0e4b82d95dc0e953aa73e10.pngLeah_Default_Fall.thumb.png.3da6257bf77089369e0a1c3a7381d9d1.pngLeah_Default_Winter.thumb.png.2ddac0126834edcce54d78d47031a40c.png

and the tgas, edit: went and cleared the line on the spring sprites, always put in a canvas layer people

Leah.rar 65.07 MB · 6 downloads

Added!

CoralNudes_P.pak CoralNudesResized_P.pak

• 2 weeks later...

I finally buckled and grabbed the steam version so now I can actually look at the stuff I'm making and what the fuck is this gross white alpha nonsense on here

takes me back to dabbling in darkest dungeon mods, there's a png alpha scrub thing I had to use for that, is this a similar situation? @cloudy.cosmos did you do anything special when you resized them, I don't see the scuff on those

On 3/15/2024 at 10:59 AM, Dorian Bates said:

I finally buckled and grabbed the steam version so now I can actually look at the stuff I'm making and what the fuck is this gross white alpha nonsense on here

takes me back to dabbling in darkest dungeon mods, there's a png alpha scrub thing I had to use for that, is this a similar situation? @cloudy.cosmos did you do anything special when you resized them, I don't see the scuff on those

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I didn't do anything other than resize them in GIMP, not sure why that fixed it. Maybe even just exporting them from GIMP could help? I also just used the 'Overwrite' function rather than 'Export As', if that makes a difference.

Not sure what software you're using to make the edits, but I also noticed Photoshop is a bit buggy with .tga files, which is why I used GIMP.

Edited by cloudy.cosmos

Sorry, this may be a nutty question but why use the tga file format at all. The game files are are in dds format and if you want transparent alpha layers in a non-dds format why not use png format? I have been making some edits of my own but I only cycle between png and dds although I don't use an alpha layer.

16 hours ago, Demonwise said:

Sorry, this may be a nutty question but why use the tga file format at all. The game files are are in dds format and if you want transparent alpha layers in a non-dds format why not use png format? I have been making some edits of my own but I only cycle between png and dds although I don't use an alpha layer.

because I received the files in tga format originally and assumed it was important but if not fuckin huge brother great intel

5 minutes ago, Dorian Bates said:

because I received the files in tga format originally and assumed it was important but if not fuckin huge brother great intel

Oh, yeah, no worries. Yeah, between irfanview to view and save in various file formats and the Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter dds plugin for Photoshop for saving the final dds files, I have no problems. My issue is still figuring out the whole repacking thing. I don't have the art skills to redraw the characters like you have been doing. I've been using an ai generator to strip the characters and make modifications. That said, seeing my own work, I do like your results better. 

23 hours ago, Demonwise said:

I'm not an expert, but as far as I know, TGA is a widely used standard for game sprites and textures. TGA files are either uncompressed or use lossless compression, while DDS uses lossy compression. PNG also uses lossless compression, although there still seem to be benefits to using TGA. Apparently, TGA files have a true alpha channel, while PNG files use other methods to store transparency data.

How can you tell the game files are in DDS format? When exporting using umodel there's the option to export as either TGA or DDS, but I don't see anything that clearly says what the original file format is. In any case, I assumed the files are in TGA format because my understanding is that files must be in the same file format in order to replace them in the game, so the fact that TGA files successfully replaced the game files indicates to me that the original files are also TGA, but I could be wrong.

That said, I see no reason not to use PNG files, provided they do actually work.

Hmm, from my experience I can't recall when I have ever seen game textures out-of-the-box in tga format. Granted the dds format being largely a thing that Nvidia brought about probably lends a bit to it's prolific use but also the fact that you can get some pretty extreme compression out of the files. Generally most game makers want to make the game as small as it can be without loosing quality in the files themselves. Hence the reason for texture compression with dds format. Don't get me wrong, I would be all in favor of tga or png since I have a lot of hard drives and space to spare but I just don't see the same level of compression with those formats and most people wouldn't want a game like Skyrim or Call of Duty installed with uncompressed textures. All that aside, another merit for using tga or png is just the ease of use. It is pretty annoying to have to use dds when you don't have to. I can't even count the number of times that I have saved a texture for a bathesda game in the wrong dds format. BC7, BC5u, DTX5, DTX3, DTX1, dang it gets really confusing.

21 hours ago, Demonwise said:

Hmm, from my experience I can't recall when I have ever seen game textures out-of-the-box in tga format. Granted the dds format being largely a thing that Nvidia brought about probably lends a bit to it's prolific use but also the fact that you can get some pretty extreme compression out of the files. Generally most game makers want to make the game as small as it can be without loosing quality in the files themselves. Hence the reason for texture compression with dds format. Don't get me wrong, I would be all in favor of tga or png since I have a lot of hard drives and space to spare but I just don't see the same level of compression with those formats and most people wouldn't want a game like Skyrim or Call of Duty installed with uncompressed textures. All that aside, another merit for using tga or png is just the ease of use. It is pretty annoying to have to use dds when you don't have to. I can't even count the number of times that I have saved a texture for a bathesda game in the wrong dds format. BC7, BC5u, DTX5, DTX3, DTX1, dang it gets really confusing.

Ah, it would make sense that DDS is common in shipped games in that case. Although, I say it makes sense to keep using TGA for this mod if it works.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:45 AM, boraf713 said:

Thank you all for your time and effort! Any chance to get a mod pak only containing the swimsuit to nude replacers? Would be highly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Sure, here ya go. Keep in mind the proportions are a little different in the nude sprites which may be a bit jarring. I also included Leah's yoga outfit since that falls under the same category.

CoralNudesSwimsuits_P.pak

Hey there, found a nude male 3D mod, working fine for me

https://www.deviantart.com/ogami4/art/Coral-Island-Nude-Male-Mod-v1-1-997917470

Regarding the images here:

Awesome! Love the artwork and am pleased you did these mods! Dorian posted some plain nude (no clothes or attachments at all) at the first pages here. Can these be used as replacer for the swimware? So having 2 mods, one replacing the clothes and one only replacing swimware to plain-nude. That would bei a great variety!

Have a great day!

On 3/19/2024 at 10:45 AM, boraf713 said:

Thank you all for your time and effort! Any chance to get a mod pak only containing the swimsuit to nude replacers? Would be highly appreciated, thank you in advance!

7 hours ago, Monim54 said:

Awesome! Love the artwork and am pleased you did these mods! Dorian posted some plain nude (no clothes or attachments at all) at the first pages here. Can these be used as replacer for the swimware? So having 2 mods, one replacing the clothes and one only replacing swimware to plain-nude. That would bei a great variety!

Have a great day!

yeah so as cosmo briefly mentioned the issue with just using the nudes for one outfit is I changed their base proportions pretty heavily cuz the vanilla styling doesn't exactly lend itself to sex appeal, imo. To actually make it consistent, I'd either need to make a nude on the vanilla body, or sfw outfits on mine- first one would be pretty easy, second would not. Either way, I'd be willing to do it for commission if you're interested to that extent.

edit: oh wait unless you mean like my outfits and body but with the swimsuit just being naked instead, that's very doable

Edited by Dorian Bates

Anyway I've spent an embarrassing amount of time aimlessly waffling around with unreal engine tools and brother, I'm putting up the white flag. I don't know why my brain is so utterly hopeless on the technical side of these things lol

So uh, yeah @cloudy.cosmos hope I can keep leaning on you for this part, I'll throw in some futa edits to make it worth your while

Lily's done

Lily_Default_Fall.thumb.png.a642e2fbf170dcac723b4c3ee920d79c.pngLily_BS_Default.thumb.png.611431fd4aaf129625cc00aed9f8b9a9.pngLily_Default_Spring.thumb.png.dfde753a6b5b6b92e21e485c2d6057a1.pngLily_Default_Summer.thumb.png.a18961a1a923be5b327b2616488f4465.pngLily_Default_Winter.thumb.png.028310c9347c942f02ddbd8514dd3410.png

and here's the tgas and the cleaned pngs, if you wouldn't mind seeing how those turn out

Lily.rarLilypng.rar

Edited by Dorian Bates
7 hours ago, Dorian Bates said:

oh wait unless you mean like my outfits and body but with the swimsuit just being naked instead, that's very doable

This :). The fine plain nudes you created at the very beginning of this thread do already exist. If I understood the pak file cloudy created correct, it should bei possible to replace only certain Outfits. My suggestion/ wish:

- one pak replacing swimwear with plain nude

- one pak replacing swimwear with your 'sluttyfied' version

- one Pak replacing normal clothes

So you can combine the pakages as you like. You could also do a pak replacing swimwear to your nudes with attachments (milky thing, alien thing etc) to fit everyones taste.