Anyone else pause and think about...

Elrithri

In the rush of a new Elder Scrolls game, and all the enjoyment derived from it, the new mechanics, the new area, the new graphics, I found myself thinking, a bit whimsically while overlooking one of the valleys of Skyrim that all those NPCs from old Oblivion, are all long since passed in the World of Skyrim.

Those that I did quests for, going and fetching, slaying monsters and beasties, performing various tasks for, that I never really cared about, since it was a means to an end at the time, I find almost sad to think on now.

Skyrim, set 200 years after Oblivion (if I have my facts correct) basically promises that those I knew and did menial tasks for, have long since died and are moldering in their hypothetical graves.

I'm curious if anyone else, in those quiet moments of contemplation in this new and beautiful world, think on those they knew back in Oblivion (or even Morrowind, or Daggerfall) and miss those characters that they've come to know and, maybe not love, but become familiar with (excluding various lovers mods, in which case the love may be more literal, and VERY familiar ^_-)

You can find Sinderion though. You collected nirnroot for him. He does look kinda pale and... dead' date=' when you find him. :P

Keep in mind that the elves live longer than a few hundred years. If they are not killed, of course.

[/quote']

I figured that there would be a couple of references like that, although I haven't found any myself so far, except the last survivor of the Telvanni family.

I actually did! Mainly I thought "So battling Dagoth Ur was meaningless now? Morrowind ruined by the eruption of the Red Mountain and overrun by Argonians?".

Well aside from preventing Dagoth Ur from stomping all over the world with his giant robot god and breaking reality, of course. :P

Mind you the whole incident in Morrowind makes Vivec look like even more of a massive jerkass, since certain people hold a story written by a former Bethesda scenario writer as canon, where Vivec achieves godhood despite the lack of the heart of Lorkhan because.. uh.. because he can. Then proceeds to absolve himself of all responsibility in murdering Nerevar and cursing the Dunmer and personally takes out Azura with his sheer manliness.

Then he vanishes, purposefully leaving the Ministry of Truth to crash into Vivec City and destroy Morrowind. Classy!

I prefer my own interpretation of events that led up to this... namely that I killed his boney ass!

I actually did! Mainly I thought "So battling Dagoth Ur was meaningless now? Morrowind ruined by the eruption of the Red Mountain and overrun by Argonians?".

Well aside from preventing Dagoth Ur from stomping all over the world with his giant robot god and breaking reality' date=' of course. :P

Mind you the whole incident in Morrowind makes Vivec look like even more of a massive jerkass, since certain people hold a story written by a former Bethesda scenario writer as canon, where Vivec achieves godhood despite the lack of the heart of Lorkhan because.. uh.. because he can. Then proceeds to absolve himself of all responsibility in murdering Nerevar and cursing the Dunmer and personally takes out Azura with his sheer manliness.

Then he vanishes, purposefully leaving the Ministry of Truth to crash into Vivec City and destroy Morrowind. Classy!

I prefer my own interpretation of events that led up to this... namely that I killed his boney ass!

[/quote']

LOL, I like your events also... mostly because I still have my game save of Morrowind with Vivec the "man-god" trapped in Azura's star. Gotta say though... the boy has some worth... like 1000000 septims worth in that soulgem. LOL

Its hard not to think about the past games when playing through Skyrim... there are literally tons of references to Morrowind and Oblivion and many of the important events that took place. I really love it when a developer ties that shit in even if its just a book or a passer by mentions, "I hope this doesn't turn in to an Oblivion crisis." :D

You can find the descendant of one of the members of the original cult that was behind the Oblivion crisis and help him build a little museum to that cult. You can then either murder him and gain a Daedric Artefact, or you can spare him and more or less tell Mehrunes Dagon to go fuck himself, which is what i did.

My soul already belongs to Nocturnal, thank you very much.

It's always nice to see tie-ins to previous games in the series.

On another note, unless I find some way to live forever, I am most definitely screwed with all of the daedric lords vying for my soul when I die.

Edit: With my luck it'll probably be molag-bal....

You can find the descendant of one of the members of the original cult that was behind the Oblivion crisis and help him build a little museum to that cult. You can then either murder him and gain a Daedric Artefact' date=' or you can spare him and more or less tell Mehrunes Dagon to go fuck himself, which is what i did.

My soul already belongs to Nocturnal, thank you very much.

[/quote']

LOL...I listened to his little speech, told him to F off and then attacked! It was classic as I was able to somehow trigger the cut his head off animation!!!! For me that was just an EPIC moment!!!! :)

Archived