Rad Morphing Redux Trigger: S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Rad Morphing Redux Trigger: S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

View File

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats trigger for Rad Morphing Redux.

Periodically checks the player's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats and informs Rad Morphing Redux about the current values.

Dependencies

• Rad Morphing Redux - without RMR this mod does nothing.
  • MCM - to configure frequency and the keyword sent to RMR.

Installing

Install with your mod manager of choice.

By default the trigger uses the prefix "SPECIAL" followed by a colon, space, and the name of each stat (e.g. "SPECIAL: Strength") and updates every 10 seconds.

The prefix and the update interval can be changed through MCM.

Uninstalling

Uninstall with your mod manager of choice.

If you want to make sure the timer is stopped and event listeners unregistered, call Shutdown on the mod's quest before uninstalling.

cqf LenARMT_Rads_Main Shutdown

Source Code

Source code is provided with the mod.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/23/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    MCM, Rad Morphing Redux

• 1 month later...

Hi, love the new features. One question though, are the SPECIAL trigger values sent to the main RMR mod on a scale from 1-100 (so 10 x [number of special points]) or are they just returned as the raw number of points (in the range 1,2,...10)?

As an example, if I have 5 points in Strength, what is the range of threshold values that would be activated by the Strength trigger?

1 hour ago, Reaper101001000 said:

Hi, love the new features. One question though, are the SPECIAL trigger values sent to the main RMR mod on a scale from 1-100 (so 10 x [number of special points]) or are they just returned as the raw number of points (in the range 1,2,...10)?

As an example, if I have 5 points in Strength, what is the range of threshold values that would be activated by the Strength trigger?

They are passed as a percentage (of 10). So 5 points would be 50%. I may have to think about a different scale that would also allow for values above 10 to be properly represented. Not sure what the highest possible SPECIAL value would be with clothes, drugs and other buffs, especially with mods that could add additional buffs. Perhaps the max value (100% = X points) should be user defined via MCM...

On 12/29/2022 at 8:48 PM, LenAnderson said:

They are passed as a percentage (of 10). So 5 points would be 50%. I may have to think about a different scale that would also allow for values above 10 to be properly represented. Not sure what the highest possible SPECIAL value would be with clothes, drugs and other buffs, especially with mods that could add additional buffs. Perhaps the max value (100% = X points) should be user defined via MCM...

Ah alright, thanks!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MysticDaedra said:

What sliders do folks normally use with each attribute? I'm specifically using Fusion Girl, but I'm just wondering what your thoughts are. Strength, for example, could potentially use sliders from a bunch of different categories to give increased muscles.

While I haven't really used them, there are some athletic/bodybuilder sliders under the full-body category, and also some abs definition sliders in torso which would probably combine well for strength specifically.

• 5 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 3:25 PM, ebbluminous said:

Is it possible to get a version that uses the raw SPECIALS? - The characters baseline SPECIALS without modifiers from gear etc

You could modify the Papyrus script to query those instead. The author of this mod is no longer updating it themselves but has left permissions for interested parties to make their own new mods from it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 2:07 PM, vaultbait said:

You could modify the Papyrus script to query those instead. The author of this mod is no longer updating it themselves but has left permissions for interested parties to make their own new mods from it.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:25 AM, ebbluminous said:

Is it possible to get a version that uses the raw SPECIALS? - The characters baseline SPECIALS without modifiers from gear etc

It might seem overwhelming if ur new to modding but it would actually be super easy to fix.

the line

float newValue = Player.GetValue(item.AV) / 10.0 is what's pulling the actor values.

you can use the Player.GetBaseValue command instead of GetValue to pull the actor values w/o any modifiers.

Just remember to compile the source code after changing it or the change won't happen in game.