River: missing water texture

I have noticed that I have missing water textures in a part of a river (see spoiler section for screenshots). I think it's the only issue with water I have, At least I haven't ever noticed missing water textures anywhere else in the game (I use Realistic Water Two).

According to https://modmapper.com/, those three mods are modifying the affected cell 20, -4:

• Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
  • Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods
  • Occlusion (generated by Dyndolod 3)

I have tried to disable Landscape Fixes and Occlusion, but the water is still missing.

How should I troubleshoot such an issue?

Spoiler

image.png.682135fad47018f5f1b8cc3e0b150bf0.png

image.png.11a33d101047baf0141971bbeb78249c.png

19 minutes ago, Gudulba said:

I have noticed that I have missing water textures in a part of a river (see spoiler section for screenshots). I think it's the only issue with water I have, At least I haven't ever noticed missing water textures anywhere else in the game (I use Realistic Water Two).

According to https://modmapper.com/, those three mods are modifying the affected cell 20, -4:

• Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
  • Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods
  • Occlusion (generated by Dyndolod 3)

I have tried to disable Landscape Fixes and Occlusion, but the water is still missing.

How should I troubleshoot such an issue?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.682135fad47018f5f1b8cc3e0b150bf0.png

image.png.11a33d101047baf0141971bbeb78249c.png

To start with, assuming the UESP cell map is correct, then the water isn't in 20, -4 (top left in image).  There's no water in that cell.  More likely it is in 21, -4 (top right).

image.png.5ebfbc3c930d9a1062895b9b22c8f558.png

So check to see if that area has other stuff in it.

Continuing from above:  Confirmed it is 21,-4

RW2 replaces the waters 9DB0D, B8CC8, 1063AC and 108AFE.

New RW2 Water in that spot appears to be xx012089.  You could start by seeing if that has been disabled, and if it has, that is most likely DynDoLOD 3.  I've avoided it since it is 106 versions into alpha with no signs of moving into beta anytime soon (not a knock against Sheson; he's a fucking superhero).

On 11/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, Seijin8 said:

Continuing from above:  Confirmed it is 21,-4

RW2 replaces the waters 9DB0D, B8CC8, 1063AC and 108AFE.

New RW2 Water in that spot appears to be xx012089.  You could start by seeing if that has been disabled, and if it has, that is most likely DynDoLOD 3.  I've avoided it since it is 106 versions into alpha with no signs of moving into beta anytime soon (not a knock against Sheson; he's a fucking superhero).

Thank you very much for your input. Much appreciated! You are correct indeed, it's cell 21, -4.

Maybe I should have rerun Dyndolod when I upgraded the RW2 version a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow I have now rerun TexGen and DynDoLOD 3 Alpha 106 and the issue is indeed solved. The water surface is there again ?

Edited by Gudulba