[Modding] ongoing modder needs help

GermanDog

Hey there,

is it possible to create an armor mod with just the .tga files, a .mesh file and a mesh.ascii file?

If yes, how do i make an armor with them? What software do i need? (Ive already installed blender, nifskope and 3ds max)

Our best friend google doesnt help me   :( , but i hope some experienced guys can :) .

sry for my bad english, im, just as my name says, from germany. hope you can understand it :D

I started off modding Skyrim by following Nightsay's tutorials.  Unfortunately, it is in English.  You might be able to find some German tutorials on Youtube if you have trouble understanding Nightsay.

You can indeed make mods with the files you mentioned.  

You'll need a 2D editing program like Photoshop, GIMP, or Paint.net to change the .tga to .dds

You'll also need plugins for your 3D programs to convert .mesh files into something that Blender/3DS Max can read.  Google ".mesh Blender" or ".mesh 3DS Max"

I don't think the mesh.ascii file has anything that's needed.

Archived