Wrong model shows up for player during animations?

I have no idea what I did wrong in installing AAF or any of the mods, but for some reason whenever my character does the animations it switches to a male body? Like her head is still the same, but it's attached to a male torso. I set ignore animation gender to true to see if that would fix it and it doesn't. Also, my character doesn't appear if she is in a lesbian animation.

3 hours ago, Megaguardain said:

I have no idea what I did wrong in installing AAF or any of the mods, but for some reason whenever my character does the animations it switches to a male body? Like her head is still the same, but it's attached to a male torso. I set ignore animation gender to true to see if that would fix it and it doesn't. Also, my character doesn't appear if she is in a lesbian animation.

Did you follow the AAF guide here.   Of particular interest is the comments on the animation packs.   It sounds like you are missing an option in one of the animation packs. 

17 hours ago, Megaguardain said:

I thought I did. I uninstalled all of my mods, then reinstalled them and still had the issue. Then I moved from NMM to Vortex, thinking that might do something, and I just wound up confusing myself more. 

Ah, at this point troubleshooters would need a load list.   

Wow, still using NMM.    I made the switch to Vortex a while ago.  BTW, when was the last time you installed the game in its entirety?   Also, I am assuming that this is an issue on a new game, not a game where it was working normally before, correct?

Ok, a couple of things, first vortex's "order" isn't really its load order.    Vortex is supposed to find conflicts between mods and ask you which mod takes priority.   Priority is determined by the last one to modify any given asset.       I wanted to see if there was a mod that is known to cause issues, however, there are only a few mods that I don't know on your list, and I doubt those would be it. 

There is an XML file that contains the descriptors of each animation and its respective genders.   So, for whatever reason, that xml is calling the male body when starting the animations.   Since the reinstallation did not clear/rewrite the xml file, you may have to remove it the hard way, which is a complete uninstall and reinstall.     Another possible solution is to check the XML yourself and see if the gender is specified.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/animation

(extract from the above link, color added by me to call your attention to the line).  It would be interesting if you found that field empty for what ever animation you are calling when you switch to a male body.

"A gender attribute can optionally be defined in the actor node. This is either "M" for male or "F" for female. That will limit use of this animation to cases where there is an actor of this gender that can fill this role. Leaving this attribute undefined causes this role to be treated like a wildcard (ie. any gender can use this animation).

<animationData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="common.xsd">

<defaults idleSource="YOURMOD.esp"/>

<animation id="YOURANIMATION_1" frames="308" narrationID="narrationID007" ISMForm="16FC22" ISMSource="Fallout4.esm" ISMStrength="0.9">
        <actor gender="F" stopOverlaySet="poultry_pride" idleForm="0100B71E"/>
        <actor gender="M" idleForm="0100B71F">
            <action id="activity1" target="0" from="1" to="0"/>
            <morph id="Bicep" to="1"/>
        </actor>
    </animation>

<animation id="YOURANIMATION_2" frames="312">
        <actor gender="F" conditions="medium_happiness" exitTo="*" idleForm="6367">
            <mfg id="2" to="100"/>
        </actor>
        <actor gender="M" idleForm="173C">
            <morph id="Bicep" to="1"/>
        </actor>
        <actor gender="M" exitTo="alternativePositionXYZ" idleForm="32dF"/>
    </animation>

<animation id="romance1" frames="156" offset="0,0,0,0:0,25,0,180">
        <actor gender="F" idleForm="35C6"/>
        <actor gender="M" idleForm="35C5"/>
    </animation>
</animationData>"
21 hours ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

I had exactly the same issue. Had. And I fixed it by doing exactly what you did. Exactly.

Speculation based on some code experience, when the XML files get messed up, all sorts of animations can be lost even after a successful reinstall (of one mod).    I wish there was a list of key files that heavy modders should back up.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 8:20 AM, steelpanther24 said:

Speculation based on some code experience, when the XML files get messed up, all sorts of animations can be lost even after a successful reinstall (of one mod).    I wish there was a list of key files that heavy modders should back up.   

My last experience with coding was as a student using hexadecimal on the old 8088 chip when it was relatively new. BUT, I did work as a bughunter for small software company for two years. I have a talent for being able to use a program like an idiot and remembering the steps I took before I broke it and then weeding out to get the specific steps that will break it.

I've been downloading a copy of *most* of the mods I install in a separate folder in case anything in the game's mod folder borks up.