Poll for current and future users of SES  

2,358 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Skyrim do you typically use?

• LE - Legacy Edition (v1.9.32)
    • SE - Special Edition (v1.5.97)
    • AE - Anniversary Edition (v1.6+)
    • VR - Virtual Reality Edition (v1.4+)

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

At the moment it doesn't work on the player.

I believe it works fine if you are a slave. But Free and Slavers are ignored in the current version. Next update has a fix.

If metus is having an issue with the enforcers in general I am guessing the mod is not installed correctly. Perhaps metus needs to install Slaveruns dependencies. Or could be other things. No way to offer specific advice without more info.

On 10/10/2022 at 2:27 AM, kaxat said:

Hopefully Vortex has a simpler way to do overrides than that.

I use Vortex for over 3 years managing Legendary, Special, Fallout 4, Sims 4 and other games and I must say: Vortex has no other way because it doesn't have an overwrite folder.

Everything in Vortex must be done with individual mods that replace files from other mods. Sometimes that forces me to create my own zip file following the file structure from the DATA folder to overwrite some files in another folder 3 or 4 levels under the DATA folder, creating empy folders inside the zip to preserve the folder stucture. But it is the only way. And is the way everyone, including you and your users, must follow to replace a simple file in Vortex.

And of course, is the way to follow when ussing MO2 because the official rules say: The overwrite folder must be empty ALWAYS. Move the files inside the overwrite folder to another mod to clear the alert: Files in the overwrite folder.

Edit: I hate MO because force us to launch every program from inside MO and that is very bad for any developement environment. Adittionaly, the real files are not stored inside the folder that you are ussing because that folder is a virtual folder created by MO. The real files exist only inside the mod folder but none tool can access it until you launch the tool from inside MO to create the virtual folder. Additionally, any new created file go to the Overwrite folder and you must be very carreful to manually move it to the corresponding folder. A nigthmare when developing and creating new mods.

In Vortex the files exist in the mod folder and exist inside the DATA folder because Vortex create a link to join the two files. When you modify one copy the other copy is automatically updated, because aim to the same exact file. Additionally, any tool see the files inside the DATA folder whitout need to have Vortex open because the link is made at operating system level. And any new file is really created inside the folder than you or the tool want create it. Is not magicaly moved to a central folder called overwrite. A marvellous metod to develop and creating new mods.

Edited by alex77r4

@alex77r4 That's disappointing. But it is good to know. Thanks for the response.

Where does Vortex store files created in game? For example a JSON settings export. Does it put them in the staging folder? Or leave them in the game data dir?

Happy to hear the staging folder uses symlinks. Reading the Vortex documentation earlier gave the impression it actually copied files there. Which felt like a step backwards towards the NMM days.

6 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

So I enabled crawling and tried disabling it and now my player is always forced to crawl. Also my player is not a slave

Take this for what you will, but kaxat has not mentioned anything about changes to the crawling functionality, and if I remember correctly, that never worked in the original.

Oh sorry, that was actually mentioned in the changelog for 0.2. My bad.

Edited by leakim
29 minutes ago, kaxat said:

@alex77r4 That's disappointing. But it is good to know. Thanks for the response.

Where does Vortex store files created in game? For example a JSON settings export. Does it put them in the staging folder? Or leave them in the game data dir?

Happy to hear the staging folder uses symlinks. Reading the Vortex documentation earlier gave the impression it actually copied files there. Which felt like a step backwards towards the NMM days.

NMM was ussing symlinks from a lot of years ago, before the launch of Vortex, from version 53 or 55, i not remember... The use of symlinks is not a invention of Vortex. Exist in practically any operating system from 1990, like VMS, Unix, Linux, MacOs, OS2, Windows 95, 98, 2000... Half of the Windows Operating System is made with symlinks from Windows 95 to the lastest win10 and 11. And of course, all the server environment. Is not a new tecnology. The symlinks is a very well stated tecnique used for years and never fail because is integrated inside the kernel of the Operating System. In that way, when ussing symlinks, is imposible have the historic problems than MO had with all the external tools like FNIS, BodySlide, Rectificator...

Vortex not make anything with the new created files. Not make any interference in their creation because you can close Vortex and launch the game, or any other tool, from an icon in the desktop. Is imposible that a closed program can cause any interference of any kind. The new created files are creates as if Vortex not exist. That mean, in the folder than the game or the tool create it. In that way, when the game, or any MCM create a file, like an exported JSON, the file is created where the developer of the game, or the developer of the MCM, want really create it. Normally that is inside DATA\SKSE\Plugings\[mod_name_folder]\[file.JSON]

The creation of new files is a big problem in MO because the new created files are fisically created inside the Overwrite Folder but shown as if the file was created inside the folder than the game or the tool want. But when you close MO the file, really, is not located where the game or the tool want. Only exist inside the Overwrite Folder and you must manually move it. That is the main motive to have files with 0 bytes in a lot of mods. To create a file that really exists where the developer want and not where MO want.

23 hours ago, alex77r4 said:

NMM was ussing symlinks from a lot of years ago, before the launch of Vortex, from version 53 or 55, i not remember... The use of symlinks is not a invention of Vortex. Exist in practically any operating system from 1990, like VMS, Unix, Linux, MacOs, OS2, Windows 95, 98, 2000... Half of the Windows Operating System is made with symlinks from Windows 95 to the lastest win10 and 11. And of course, all the server environment. Is not a new tecnology. The symlinks is a very well stated tecnique used for years and never fail because is integrated inside the kernel of the Operating System. In that way, when ussing symlinks, is imposible have the historic problems than MO had with all the external tools like FNIS, BodySlide, Rectificator...

Vortex not make anything with the new created files. Not make any interference in their creation because you can close Vortex and launch the game, or any other tool, from an icon in the desktop. Is imposible that a closed program can cause any interference of any kind. The new created files are creates as if Vortex not exist. That mean, in the folder than the game or the tool create it. In that way, when the game, or any MCM create a file, like an exported JSON, the file is created where the developer of the game, or the developer of the MCM, want really create it. Normally that is inside DATA\SKSE\Plugings\[mod_name_folder]\[file.JSON]

The creation of new files is a big problem in MO because the new created files are fisically created inside the Overwrite Folder but shown as if the file was created inside the folder than the game or the tool want. But when you close MO the file, really, is not located where the game or the tool want. Only exist inside the Overwrite Folder and you must manually move it. That is the main motive to have files with 0 bytes in a lot of mods. To create a file that really exists where the developer want and not where MO want.

Seems like in Vortex there would be an inconvenience of multiple files like body slide changes.  One would need to specify which mod has the files needed to make changes.

With mod organizer (1&2) (MO), one can set the executable to save any changes to files in a named folder instead of the overwrite file.  I use it for Fnis, Body Slide and such.  One advantage, for example, is that I can see all the loaded body slide files and make changes in one fell swoop if I so wish.  Alternatively, one can make changes and then move the files in the Overwrite file to another file and load it in the mod list.  But I'm lazy.

Both do their jobs fairly well, but I'm positively prejudiced toward MO2.  I'd definitely steer anyone away from Nexus Mod Manager (NMM).

1 hour ago, tinkerbelle said:

You can do the same in Vortex creating links to the tools, in the same way you make in MO, and settings the parameters to the desired folders.

Look how i can have 4 links to BodySlide in Vortex:

Spoiler

image.png.0587118399f29e43face59a06dd97e59.png

Each one of them have different parameter about Build Group and Target Folder:

Spoiler

image.png.d2d19a69959b8aac7398ea50b037968f.png

That parameters launch BodySlide in automatic mode to build the indicated group in the indicated folder.

I must admit is much more easy en MO because you can select a mod when create the link inside MO and launch BodySlide in interactive mode:

Spoiler

image.png.9cf06a02f61ca5312c72339005d93cbe.png

But the simple fact that is more easy in MO not mean that Vortex can't made it.

Edited by alex77r4
5 minutes ago, alex77r4 said:

But the simple fact that is more easy in MO not mean that Vortex can't made it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that something wasn't possible in Vortex.  I haven't used it and only know about it from what others have said.  Unfortunately, that's all too often because they are having problems.  The same goes for Mod Organizer (MO), most talk about it is in threads are about problems they are having.

12 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Wouldn't that mean rewriting entire slaverun?

Hah! It feels like it. Reason the next update is taking so long is because this idiot added the ability to specify your own outfits. I mistakenly thought it would not be very difficult.

The features have all been built for days now. But I ran out of motivation to actually play test. So the next version just sits there. Mostly untested. Probably filled with bugs. Hopefully find time to play it soon.

@MonVert It might not be exactly what you wanted. But next update should allow some integration with Toys&Love. With a small bit of JSON you can change the outfits given to NPCs.

If you do not know enough about xEdit and JSON to do it yourself that is okay. Others should be able to easily create mini mods that provide these integrations. Just a JSON file inside a zip. Hopefully people will share their outfit themes. I would like to link to popular themes from the download page. That way it can integrate with all manner of other mods. Even ones I have never played before. Such as Toys&Love. Or Bikini Armors.

Keep in mind this is an Enforcer only mod though. The outfits given by story quests will still often be Devious. Same is true for outfits given to the player.

On 10/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, xyzxyz said:

Could you add that the slaverun guard outside the city won't force fem slavers to undress and pay/Bj? It is very annoying when you have the settngs active that the player is an exception from the laws.

Is that an issue that you experienced in the original mod as well? This mod does not touch any dialogue. Purposefully. I rewrote hundreds of lines of Slaverun dialogue for a different mod. My personal mod. Hence why I avoid touching dialogue in this one. It would create conflicts.

I assume this annoyance you are facing persists in the original. Because I have not touched the gate guards dialogue. If so then I regret to say that annoyance is beyond the scope of this mod. I do not plan to change his behavior toward the player. Only NPCs.

3 minutes ago, kaxat said:

It might not be exactly what you wanted. But next update should allow some integration with Toys&Love. With a small bit of JSON you can change the outfits given to NPCs.

If you do not know enough about xEdit and JSON to do it yourself that is okay. Others should be able to easily create mini mods that provide these integrations. Just a JSON file inside a zip. Hopefully people will share their outfit themes. I would like to link to popular themes from the download page. That way it can integrate with all manner of other mods. Even ones I have never played before. Such as Toys&Love. Or Bikini Armors.

Keep in mind this is an Enforcer only mod though. The outfits given by story quests will still often be Devious. Same is true for outfits given to the player.

The outfits are easy enough to change, but there seems to be VMAD issues that require DD to function...  Was hoping to just nuke the need to have DD at all.

10 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Yes

If you know how to use xEdit then find that line of dialogue and change it. Maybe change its condition so it only fires when the player is male. That should remove the annoyance.

6 minutes ago, MonVert said:

The outfits are easy enough to change, but there seems to be VMAD issues that require DD to function...  Was hoping to just nuke the need to have DD at all.

Without seeing your work I can not say. In my personal mod I did override the handful of outfits Slaverun assigns to NPCs using xEdit. You can see this in my screenshots. Everyone is using Z.A.P. outfits. That was easy enough. And it works. I overrode the OTFT records though. Not the clothes themselves. If you are overriding the clothes I can see how you would get very funky errors with the scripts.

You are not going to be able to remove Devious from your load order though. That is tightly interwoven with half of the story scripts.

@xyzxyz Forgot to mention I wrote an xEdit script that makes finding stuff easy. It is a Search and Replace script for any text record. Even supports RegEx.

There are 30k lines of Dialogue if I remember correct. Finding one line can be painful. You are going to wan t this. Just type the Slave guards line in the search field and it will find the dialogue line.

Search Find & Replace.pas

14 minutes ago, kaxat said:

You are not going to be able to remove Devious from your load order though. That is tightly interwoven with half of the story scripts.

Sadly, that's what I noticed looking through Xedit... Guess I won't be able to fully remove DD as a master.

5 minutes ago, MonVert said:

Sadly, that's what I noticed looking through Xedit... Guess I won't be able to fully remove DD as a master.

I am right there with you. I would love to remove DD as a master. Slaverun is the only active mod in my load order that uses it. And like you I patched it so that I never see its clothes. But truly removing DD is a huge undertaking. It would solve some glitches DD has introduced into my saves. But I suffer through those instead.

If I find time to make the Enforcer a standalone mod it will not require DD. Will still support DD tho. But there is a chance I might never find time to break this off into its own mod. Right now I can not find the time to release v0.5. That does not bode well.

38 minutes ago, kaxat said:

I am right there with you. I would love to remove DD as a master. Slaverun is the only active mod in my load order that uses it. And like you I patched it so that I never see its clothes. But truly removing DD is a huge undertaking. It would solve some glitches DD has introduced into my saves. But I suffer through those instead.

If I find time to make the Enforcer a standalone mod it will not require DD. Will still support DD tho. But there is a chance I might never find time to break this off into its own mod. Right now I can not find the time to release v0.5. That does not bode well.

I understand you completely, particularly the only mod I use that needs dd is slaverun because my other mods have DD as an optional mod. I don't know if it's luck but I've never had bugs in slaverun, I did the complete questline of the female slaver and everything went well but what bothers me with slaverun is that it needs DD and dd has a problem of unequipping some pieces of my armor from other mods, then I have to go to the DD settings and disable slot 32 so that my clothes work normally, although some parts of the DD mod are invisible after i disable the slot 32. I'm glad that in the next patch or update of your mod the dialogs will come to female slaver and free women, just a question, are the dialogs themselves similar or does each route have different events / dialogs ?

23 minutes ago, Vampire Hunter said:

I'm glad that in the next patch or update of your mod the dialogs will come to female slaver and free women, just a question, are the dialogs themselves similar or does each route have different events / dialogs ?

There must be a miscommunication. My next patch does not change dialogues. I avoid changing dialogues in this mod because another mod changes those. The other mod is my personal one. Not intended to be shared. Rewrites the entire Slaverun story in a way that I think most people would hate. It is also 4 parts mod 1 part using the console to hack questlines. I can't really share it.

My next patch will try to fix a bug for Player Slaver and Player Free. They are evidently not subject to the nudity law. That's no good. I think I already fixed this but I have to test to confirm.

20 hours ago, kaxat said:

There must be a miscommunication. My next patch does not change dialogues. I avoid changing dialogues in this mod because another mod changes those. The other mod is my personal one. Not intended to be shared. Rewrites the entire Slaverun story in a way that I think most people would hate. It is also 4 parts mod 1 part using the console to hack questlines. I can't really share it.

My next patch will try to fix a bug for Player Slaver and Player Free. They are evidently not subject to the nudity law. That's no good. I think I already fixed this but I have to test to confirm.

I understand and I apologize then. But reading your future plans, if you have time, would you be able to add the contents you mentioned in topic 5 to all the routes that you have available to the player? ( free women, slaves, female slaver ) creating varied scenes or force greets for the player, I think the people here can give suggestions regarding the dialogs if you ask for it here and have time to do it.