Any modder more competent than me willing to take on updating SOS AE?

19 hours ago, SonsOLiberty said:

Could just roll back?  v1.6.353.0 is where everything works correctly, there was really nothing in the update either.  Unless you updated every other mod you have to 640 then I guess it would be a pain.

Also see if the SOS MCM shows up, might have to enable all that stuff again.  If no MCM then it's probably not fully updaetd.

MCM is here just no schlongs... :/

I appreciate it but rolling back would break dozens of other mods I have. I just gotta be patient like everyone else and wait for updates... :'(  a true tragedy!

On 10/30/2022 at 4:16 AM, onen said:

I converted the source code from 1_5_97 on the SoS mod page to AE 1_6_640.

It loaded successfully for me, created a male character and got in game with all his bit there.  I play female characters so that is as far as i tested it.  So you can give it a try if you want until chuckseven1 does his magic.

I had to make 3 changes to get it working.

1) Added the skse64 AE change that uses __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

and I removed bool SKSEPlugin_Query(... since i saw other mod examples of working dll's which didn't have it anymore.   see skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) removed the skse64 projects from the SoS solution..why oh why do people do it this way.  download skse64, compile it(as a static lib), point your mod vc++ directories to those compiled libraries.  That seems to me the easier way to do it.

3) removed the line RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); from Storage.cpp and added #include "skse64/GameForms.h" at the top of the file since skse64 has that line with the correct number in that header.

enjoy

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640.zip 222.15 kB · 283 downloads

sorry for asking but do you know hw to install this file?

2 hours ago, devon293 said:

sorry for asking but do you know hw to install this file?

You can install it like any other mod, put below SOS so it gets used instead of the old dll.  Or just unzip and copy the dll into where the old one is, overwriting it.

The MCM works for me although i only have 80 mods, a bare bones minimum I use to test with.

I also did a /showracemenu and changed the schlong size/width etc.. and that worked as well.

On 11/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, onen said:

You can install it like any other mod, put below SOS so it gets used instead of the old dll.  Or just unzip and copy the dll into where the old one is, overwriting it.

The MCM works for me although i only have 80 mods, a bare bones minimum I use to test with.

I also did a /showracemenu and changed the schlong size/width etc.. and that worked as well.

thanks

On 10/30/2022 at 5:16 AM, onen said:

It loaded successfully for me, created a male character and got in game with all his bit there.  I play female characters so that is as far as i tested it.  So you can give it a try if you want until chuckseven1 does his magic.

1) Added the skse64 AE change that uses __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =

and I removed bool SKSEPlugin_Query(... since i saw other mod examples of working dll's which didn't have it anymore.   see skse64/PluginAPI.h

2) removed the skse64 projects from the SoS solution..why oh why do people do it this way.  download skse64, compile it(as a static lib), point your mod vc++ directories to those compiled libraries.  That seems to me the easier way to do it.

3) removed the line RelocAddr <_LookupFormByID> LookupFormByID(0x00194230); from Storage.cpp and added #include "skse64/GameForms.h" at the top of the file since skse64 has that line with the correct number in that header.

enjoy

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640.zip 222.15 kB · 758 downloads

Bitdefender Found Variant:Gen.Lazy in the .dll and deleted the file.

8 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Bitdefender Found Variant:Gen.Lazy in the .dll and deleted the file.

I googled Variant:Gen.Lazy and found very little on it.  Nothing about what it does, where it resides, how it infects.

I scanned all my drives with MS Defender and it found nothing.  I built my PC 5 months ago and use no script with Firefox so I'm careful what i allow on my system.

The code used to build the dll was SKSE64 Current Anniversary Edition build 2.2.3 (game version 1.6.640) and the 1.5.97 sos source code with the modifications i specified in my first post.

The last modified date of the dll is the same as the .obj files that where created when I built it. Last modified is Oct 30, 2022 1:22:41am so it wasn't modified after i built it using VC++2022.

You can try scanning the original SOS 1.5.97 dll to see if it gets a hit and maybe try scanning the unzipped SKSE64 download which has its dll.

5 hours ago, onen said:

You can try scanning the original SOS 1.5.97 dll to see if it gets a hit and maybe try scanning the unzipped SKSE64 download which has its dll.

Scanning those produced nothing. Bit Defender scans the contents of .zip files without needing to open them.

https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/lazy.shtml

Edit: I just scanned everything else I've ever downloaded from LL.  Clean. I laud your efforts, this is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping someone would do, but I would rather err on the side of a false positive from Bit Defender rather than do a complete refresh on Windows if something torks it.

Edit2: I just read on StackOverflow where some virus checkers doing name matching to internals in a file may come across a match to a legitimate namespace identifier that has been co-opted for use by a virus. That also means some are not. I'm still wary, sorry.

Edited by xordevoreaux

My Norton 360 isn't  letting me download it.  if I could just download it, I could get Norton to do a scan on it.

Could someone that has gotten it PLEASE upload it to somewhere else??  Maybe I could download it from somewhere else...

Maybe Mega.nz or mediafire.com??

Thanks!!

On 10/30/2022 at 2:16 AM, onen said:

enjoy

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640.zip 222.15 kB · 1,496 downloads

Bitdefender detects a virus.

On 11/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, bigumi said:

For those that are interested, I got a GOG version running.

just install the zip with Vortex or MO2 and let it overwrite the original SOS.

SOS AE GOG 1_6_659 DLL.zip 219.76 kB · 12 downloads

You are awesome my good Sir/Ma'am. :) Thank you very much. ? It is working great so far with my GOG version if anyone is wondering.

Edited by xyz0815
1 hour ago, xyz0815 said:

You are awesome my good Sir/Ma'am. :) Thank you very much. ? It is working great so far with my GOG version if anyone is wondering.

Thank you. Good to hear that it is working for you as well.

Was my first time dipping my toes into SKSE DLL conversion. Did it manly to challange myself and to learn doing it, so if i ever encounter another skse mod not beeing updated, i would be able to take matters into my own hands, would the source code be available. Have to thank onen though. Without their post, i dont think i would have been able to do it so easily.

1 hour ago, bigumi said:

Thank you. Good to hear that it is working for you as well.

Was my first time dipping my toes into SKSE DLL conversion. Did it manly to challange myself and to learn doing it, so if i ever encounter another skse mod not beeing updated, i would be able to take matters into my own hands, would the source code be available. Have to thank onen though. Without their post, i dont think i would have been able to do it so easily.

May i ask you what are the current requirement?

Currently i have Schlongs_of_Skyrim_SE - v1.1.4 and SOS AE GOG 1_6_659 DLL that replace the dll coming with the first.

Yet on my side, i still have the underwear on (when i change the size in racemenu, it increase the bulge)

Also it look like it doesn't load schlongs (the 3 schlong that come by default are not listed)

Edit : Look alot like i have load order issue, checking right now.

Edit 2 : Work, had to create a new game save cause for some reason it doesn't work on existing one on my side.

Edited by Kavar
1 hour ago, Kavar said:

Edit 2 : Work, had to create a new game save cause for some reason it doesn't work on existing one on my side.

Glad to hear that it works. (good to know that I didn't butcher my first conversion)

anyway. Enjoy your life, free of forced updates ?

15 hours ago, VikingSon said:

I still can't get the file.  Virus checkers go off all over the place, and when I force it through, it tells me it isn't available.  ARGH!

i'll look into the false positives. it is probably the same issue as with the first file onen posted. ill play around with the compiler, until virustotal.com gives it a pass. but since I've got a lot to do recently, you'll probably have to wait a bit.

Edit: Got it working faster than expectet. Virustotal.com reports no detections.

Edited by bigumi
52 minutes ago, Drixon_7 said:

Still the DLL doesnt work the error is still there i installed it many times over and over but still nothing 

may I inquire, what kind of error you are experiencing.

If it is about virus flagging, Virustotal.com is happy, so there should be no problem and thus I would have no idea what causes those issues.(https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6db0426bb33ba7bd1e570062e1a572bc6811d68deb151a9f35d60e2a7e1d6f12?nocache=1)

If it is about version. My file is for the 1.6.659 GOG version whereas Onen's is for the 1.6.640 Steam version.

If it is anything else, just explain what exactly you are experiencing, so Onen, I (depending on which DLL you downloaded) or others for that matter might be able to help you.

I've gone so far as to completely wiping the game and reinstalling it, only downloading SKSE64, SkyUI and SOS, install them with vortex and then manually replace the DLL with the one onen supllied and i still get an error when starting a new save. It's the "shlongsofskyrim.dll not found" message. I'm starting to get the feeling that the game just hates me and does this on purpose. 

Edit: Disregard that, after trying out installing the game in a different drive (in my case, my second hard drive) and not in the C:\ directory, it seems to work now. the dll error doesn't appear anymore and the game starts fine. 

Edited by Tedinksy
On 10/30/2022 at 6:16 AM, onen said:

enjoy

Edit: So after a deep dive into programming forums about virus false positives, some got ride of it by changing compiler options.  So with some experimenting and using virustotal I made a build that passes its virus checks.

The change is i optimized the build for speed.  My original upload was optimized for size, hence v2 dll is a little bigger in size.

SOS_DLL_AE_1_6_640_v2.zip 234.34 kB · 2,945 downloads

it works perfect with the latest update. thank you.