On 10/28/2022 at 4:44 AM, ckteam said:

I also only have the video and can't find the mod.

where did you found this video?
from the style the video is recorded i think it is from this user:
https://www.nicovideo.jp/user/8473370/video?ref=pc_userpage_menu

i would presume the user posted this video in some anonymous Japan forum like 2ch/5ch?
the source of the video probably would be a lead to find the mod.

I am struggling to find out why I can't get this mod to work. I am running AE 1.6.353 SKSE 2.1.5. When PC dies, it just follows vanilla death procedure: Static camera for 5 seconds and then reloads last save.

Papyrus log here Papyrus.2.log Load order here plugins.txt 

MCM Settings here 

Spoiler

SLPGNmcm1.png.ca5e698d120fc9d705ea823130895e67.pngSLPGNmcm2.png.4ebc9dc9e2ca1f8b7733dc328b8b433a.png

In console I checked what stage the SLPGN quests were at and all were still at stage 0. Not sure if that means anything. I noticed in the papyrus log that there are a ton of messages about MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.Is3DLoaded() and MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.ResetPosition() and MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.OnCellLoad(). These messages are spammed in the entire log. I'm not sure if this is where my problem is. If there is any additional info needed, I will gladly provide it. I would really like to get this mod running in my game :)

2 hours ago, DrPal said:

I am struggling to find out why I can't get this mod to work. I am running AE 1.6.353 SKSE 2.1.5. When PC dies, it just follows vanilla death procedure: Static camera for 5 seconds and then reloads last save.

Papyrus log here Papyrus.2.log Load order here plugins.txt 

MCM Settings here 

Reveal hidden contents

SLPGNmcm1.png.ca5e698d120fc9d705ea823130895e67.pngSLPGNmcm2.png.4ebc9dc9e2ca1f8b7733dc328b8b433a.png

In console I checked what stage the SLPGN quests were at and all were still at stage 0. Not sure if that means anything. I noticed in the papyrus log that there are a ton of messages about MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.Is3DLoaded() and MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.ResetPosition() and MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.OnCellLoad(). These messages are spammed in the entire log. I'm not sure if this is where my problem is. If there is any additional info needed, I will gladly provide it. I would really like to get this mod running in my game :)

Those are unrelated scripts to this mod. This mod is supposed to modify the value of the death cam duration, but it doesn't seem to work (or is over-written). Try adding the Death Cam Extender mod and changing the value to something high. The same thing can also be achieved by "set fPlayerDeathReloadTime to ####" in the console. I would suggest something higher than 120 (it's 3 or 5 by default, can't remember), as this is in seconds.

Give either one of these a go, see if this changes it for ya. If not we'll do some deep diving to figure this out.

5 hours ago, FoxinTale said:

Those are unrelated scripts to this mod. This mod is supposed to modify the value of the death cam duration, but it doesn't seem to work (or is over-written). Try adding the Death Cam Extender mod and changing the value to something high. The same thing can also be achieved by "set fPlayerDeathReloadTime to ####" in the console. I would suggest something higher than 120 (it's 3 or 5 by default, can't remember), as this is in seconds.

Give either one of these a go, see if this changes it for ya. If not we'll do some deep diving to figure this out.

So I installed Death Cam Extender and SLPGN started working about 25 seconds after player death. The animation played, and PC was sexed back to life. However, once revived, the PC started doing that weird thing where actors will float and their feet spin around a bunch lol. Couldn't do anything after PC started floating. I had to reload the last save. 

Spoiler

Before the animation

SLPGN1.png.42e0b3e7e2edec46abd21f8e1c0b7156.png

During animation

SLPGN2.png.97da88ed8dd7fc83ec686ddfedc97b57.png

After animation (started floating above fort greymoor lol)

SLPGN3.png.8fb601444e879e3f6e9e005682d766cb.pngSLPGN4.png.5893ce837121520f13b23444e4c41cad.png

Looking through xEdit, I didn't find any other mods that could have overridden SLPGN where the death cam timer is concerned. 

Spoiler

Nothing overriding here. 

SLPGNxEdit.png.ff5b4e97c9d44b6ac7a468bc49ba5530.png

Also, I noticed that Death Cam Options doesn't even override fPlayerDeathReloadTime. It uses its own script to change the death cam timer. Maybe that's why SLPGN worked with Death Cam Options installed. 

Edited by DrPal
because
11 minutes ago, DrPal said:

So I installed Death Cam Extender and SLPGN started working about 25 seconds after player death. The animation played, and PC was sexed back to life. However, once revived, the PC started doing that weird thing where actors will float and their feet spin around a bunch lol. Couldn't do anything after PC started floating. I had to reload the last save. 

Hide contents

Before the animation

SLPGN1.png.42e0b3e7e2edec46abd21f8e1c0b7156.png

During animation

SLPGN2.png.97da88ed8dd7fc83ec686ddfedc97b57.png

After animation (started floating above fort greymoor lol)

SLPGN3.png.8fb601444e879e3f6e9e005682d766cb.pngSLPGN4.png.5893ce837121520f13b23444e4c41cad.png

Looking through xEdit, I didn't find any other mods that could have overridden SLPGN where the death cam timer is concerned. 

Hide contents

Nothing overriding here. 

SLPGNxEdit.png.ff5b4e97c9d44b6ac7a468bc49ba5530.png

Also, I noticed that Death Cam Options doesn't even override fPlayerDeathReloadTime. It uses its own script to change the death cam timer. Maybe that's why SLPGN worked with Death Cam Options installed. 

I have no explanation for the random alignment issues, but I have noticed others have reported similar. I do worry it may be outside my area of understanding scripting. (I welcome help on this mod though if you, or anyone wishes to though). I may implement a little thing sort of like death cam extender and have it disable itself if death cam extender is detected. Your settings aren't too different from what I use so it isn't a settings issue. Could be a "vanilla" SL issue, I'm not quite sure. If it happens repeatedly, then it needs digging into, whereas if it's just like a "one-off" occurrence, while that is still something to be investigated I'm not too worried there. 

30 minutes ago, FoxinTale said:

I have no explanation for the random alignment issues, but I have noticed others have reported similar. I do worry it may be outside my area of understanding scripting. (I welcome help on this mod though if you, or anyone wishes to though). I may implement a little thing sort of like death cam extender and have it disable itself if death cam extender is detected. Your settings aren't too different from what I use so it isn't a settings issue. Could be a "vanilla" SL issue, I'm not quite sure. If it happens repeatedly, then it needs digging into, whereas if it's just like a "one-off" occurrence, while that is still something to be investigated I'm not too worried there. 

I appreciate your efforts in trying to help us out with this. I'm definitely not well versed in scripting or making mods in general, but I will keep poking around and will post any updates that I find. 

2 hours ago, FoxinTale said:

Thats pretty much the issue i had,even with the mod off if i load my game while im on a horse i just fly over into the sky void lmao

2 hours ago, Lebleuh8r said:

should add a way to have a % of chance the player gets knocked out instead of dying so that defeat scenario can play if the player does not die that way this mod would play a lot better with mods like Babodialogue etc..

I am a bit wary of doing things like that, as mods that already add that functionality (defeat, death alternative) may conflict or over-ride with this mod. I have not done a whole lot of testing to see if this does or does not work. Though IO would feel adding that strays away from the point / concept as the original mod "The character is dead, the NPCs take advantage of this and have fun", whereas defeat it's more "You won't die, but they'll take advantage in a vulnerable, low health state" sort of end, at least from my understanding and little amount of playing with defeat in the past. 

However, integration with defeat, like as a post defeat option, they kill the player character anyways and this mod takes over is certainly an idea later on down the line as a defeat ending option type thing. That's one thing to add to the "to-do / planned features" list. 

3 hours ago, Lebleuh8r said:

should add a way to have a % of chance the player gets knocked out instead of dying so that defeat scenario can play if the player does not die that way this mod would play a lot better with mods like Babodialogue etc..

I have thought about that a lot too, but I think the % chance to knocked out/die should be tied to Defeat instead. It works better that way and this mod won't have to risk conflicting with other knockdown based mod. Idk if Defeat mod is still actively being updated, I want to suggest that to the author.

51 minutes ago, FoxinTale said:

However, integration with defeat, like as a post defeat option, they kill the player character anyways and this mod takes over is certainly an idea later on down the line as a defeat ending option type thing. That's one thing to add to the "to-do / planned features" list. 

I like that idea too. But again I think it needs to be done on Defeat part too, not on this mod unless this mod wants to override/add the defeat aftermath function, and to avoid this having dependencies to Defeat.

Although it you are able to do it without defeat dependency added, that'd be great.

Edited by LittleWhiteNeko
10 hours ago, Fireflyko said:

Can someone help? When the scene with decapitated character starts, the head is attached back to the body. Tried change undress settings in sexlab, but it did not help.

Does it keep attached or does it fall down again afterward

If it falls down again, I think it is the normal behavior

If it keeps attached, that is unusual, at least for me. Cant exactly find out why since I never had that issue.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, LittleWhiteNeko said:

If it keeps attached, that is unusual, at least for me. Cant exactly find out why since I never had that issue.

Attached with gore seam if option to not unequip beheaded head in sexlab is enabled, and without seam if disabled.

It didn't happen before AE update (I'm currently using 1.6.353) and some mod updates. I'll try to look at the list of mods later, maybe some one affects this (high poly head, random emotions etc. idk). Maybe even Equippable Underwear for NPCs affects it. Need to check. 

Upd. Disabled all mods that might be affecting it. did not help.

Edited by Fireflyko
On 11/11/2022 at 6:21 AM, Fireflyko said:

Attached with gore seam if option to not unequip beheaded head in sexlab is enabled, and without seam if disabled.

It didn't happen before AE update (I'm currently using 1.6.353) and some mod updates. I'll try to look at the list of mods later, maybe some one affects this (high poly head, random emotions etc. idk). Maybe even Equippable Underwear for NPCs affects it. Need to check. 

Upd. Disabled all mods that might be affecting it. did not help.

This is an issue I am aware of, and have experienced myself. However, I have no idea how to fix it. I've experimented with it a little bit by trying to force the decapitated neck stump (which is an armor piece with special slots, 50 and 51...Nice job Bethesda) after the scene starts and it does not over-write the re-attached head. Maybe it's something in an SL script, Defeat? I have no clue to be totally honest. 

Perhaps we could compare mod load orders (finding the plugins.txt is more than enough. Or an MO text export). And the mods we have in common could be the source of the issues? I want to fix this issue, but without knowing where to start, I'd be taking a shot in the dark that might not even work. A sample size of two is something, but the more people who have this issue, the wider the sample set becomes and we can (hopefully) pinpoint a cause. 

First step is probably "Well, how do I properly detect decapitation" then we go from there I suppose.

Edited by FoxinTale
On 11/11/2022 at 10:40 AM, LittleWhiteNeko said:

Can you tell which versions of game and sexlab you are using?

6 hours ago, FoxinTale said:

This is an issue I am aware of, and have experienced myself. However, I have no idea how to fix it. I've experimented with it a little bit by trying to force the decapitated neck stump (which is an armor piece with special slots, 50 and 51...Nice job Bethesda) after the scene starts and it does not over-write the re-attached head. Maybe it's something in an SL script, Defeat? I have no clue to be totally honest. 

Perhaps we could compare mod load orders (finding the plugins.txt is more than enough. Or an MO text export). And the mods we have in common could be the source of the issues? I want to fix this issue, but without knowing where to start, I'd be taking a shot in the dark that might not even work. A sample size of two is something, but the more people who have this issue, the wider the sample set becomes and we can (hopefully) pinpoint a cause. 

First step is probably "Well, how do I properly detect decapitation" then we go from there I suppose.

I've disabled almost every mod that might affect this.

I don't have Defeat. Previosly, with SexLab and MatchMaker i used to be able to run animations with beheaded characters.

With the version of the game 1.5.97 everything worked well as long as I remember.

Here are my lists of mods and plugins

Mods.txt SKSE plugins.txt

9 hours ago, Fireflyko said:

Can you tell which versions of game and sexlab you are using?

I've disabled almost every mod that might affect this.

I don't have Defeat. Previosly, with SexLab and MatchMaker i used to be able to run animations with beheaded characters.

With the version of the game 1.5.97 everything worked well as long as I remember.

Here are my lists of mods and plugins

Mods.txt 8.12 kB · 0 downloads SKSE plugins.txt 1.01 kB · 0 downloads

I'm using SL v1.63b (according to the readme.txt in the files) , and game version 1.5.97 (last SE update before AE happened). I will eventually update my game once all SKSE mods are updated.

Anyways, I wrote a little Java program to parse both of our plugins lists and compare which lists have the same things. These are the mods / plugins we share (I didn't write it for SKSE plugins tho,), and the below is what it output. 

Spoiler

BlendedRoads.esp
CBBE.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
FNIS.esp
Fluffworks.esp
Footprints.esp
FranklyHDImperialArmorsAndWeapons.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp
Lux - Master plugin.esm
Lux - RWT Patch.esp
Lux - Resources.esp
Lux - USSEP patch.esp
Lux Orbis - Master plugin.esm
Lux Orbis - USSEP patch.esp
Lux Orbis.esp
Lux Via - plugin.esp
Lux Via.esp
Lux.esp
MCMHelper.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Rudy Nordic Pottery SSE.esp
S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLPGN.esp
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab.esm
SkyUI_SE.esp
StormLightning.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
XPMSE.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Using process of elimination, we can probably safely say that Lux would not be an issue. Same for realistic water, and really most of the other landscape mods.

Which leaves us with the following possibilities, after removing requirements for other mods, and other mods that really shouldn't have any effect:

Spoiler

CBBE.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
Fluffworks.esp
Footprints.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLPGN.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab.esm
XPMSE.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Sexlab, obviously can't be removed to test as it's a requirement for this mod (and SOS). XPMSE is a requirement for most mods (and SOS, I think) so that can't be disabled. SLAnimLoader...no. SOS itself, maybe? SLPGN, well that's this mod. RaceMenuMorphs...probably not. Really, "dD - Enhanced Blood Main" seems to be the most likely culprit to me. 

I don't know if this was one of the mods you disabled trying to figure it out but give it a go (back up your saves to be safe, of course). This is what I like to call a "scientific wild ass guess" based on a sample size of two, and I don't know if others who have reported this issue have it in their load order, and those who don't have a decapitation issue do or don't have it but this at least gives us something to work with if it works. 

If disabling enhanced blood fixes the issue, I'll have to do some poking at its scripts to see if I can either disable that, or work around it. If it doesn't all we can really do is either keep going trying to solve it, or wait for more people to report the issue so we have a wider sample size.

7 minutes ago, LittleWhiteNeko said:

I don't remember why I need to use the old version of XPMSSE, but I do use the old v4.51 selectable in the installer. Maybe that's the one?

Oh, that could be worth a try as well. Do you happen to have enhanced blood textures (not lite) installed by any chance? Trying to figure out if this is the culprit for this issue or something else by comparing plugins present.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:35 AM, FoxinTale said:

Ah. Perhaps it isn't EBT then. Hm....What happens if you swap the version of XPMSE Skeleton I wonder. I'll do the same on my end, see if that has any effect on decapitation and animations.

Downloaded a clean version of game (1.6.640) on my computer at work.

Installed only the following mods: SKSE, USSEP, SKYUI, JContainers, RaceMenu, Violens, AlternateStart, AdressLibrary, Nemesis, SexLab and MatchMaker.

Tried different versions of XPMSE (4.81/4.67/4.51). Still have the problem.

If I have time today, I'll try to experiment with different versions of the game/SexLab.

UPD. Ok. It's SexLab. Tried game version 1.5.97 with SKSE version 2.0.20 and New SexLab 1.63. Problem persisted.

Then I found the version of SexLab 163 beta 8. Works great. ?

So, I think something needs to be fixed in the new version of Sexlab.

Edited by Fireflyko
On 11/14/2022 at 5:35 AM, Fireflyko said:

Downloaded a clean version of game (1.6.640) on my computer at work.

Installed only the following mods: SKSE, USSEP, SKYUI, JContainers, RaceMenu, Violens, AlternateStart, AdressLibrary, Nemesis, SexLab and MatchMaker.

Tried different versions of XPMSE (4.81/4.67/4.51). Still have the problem.

If I have time today, I'll try to experiment with different versions of the game/SexLab.

UPD. Ok. It's SexLab. Tried game version 1.5.97 with SKSE version 2.0.20 and New SexLab 1.63. Problem persisted.

Then I found the version of SexLab 163 beta 8. Works great. ?

So, I think something needs to be fixed in the new version of Sexlab.

That is...interesting. I know they have a DLL file (script extender) that we couldn't really look through to see if anything changed there, but a "diff" in scripts may be possible at least.

I'll work on that, see if anything changed with the scripts. I have 1.63 beta9 installed in my game, but had beta 8 some time ago though never tested the issue so I still have the files.

Update on findings, I created a Linux virtual machine and copied all the scripts over from both beta78 and beta 9, running a "diff" command on each.(

(scripts found in "/Sexlab/scripts/Source" instead of /source/scripts for SSE)

(updated with spoilers because the post was getting long)

Spoiler

Of all the scripts, the following have no change at all:
ActorUtil, MiscUtil, ObjectUtil, sslActorCumEffect, sslAnimationFactory, sslBaseObject, sslBenchmark, sslExpressionDefaults, sslExpressionfactory, sslObjectFactory, sslThreadHook, sslTroubleshoot, sslUtility, sslVoiceDefaults, and finally sslVoiceFactory. 

These other scripts have negligible changes (or it was only added comments):

JsonUtil, sslEfectDebug, sslThreadSlots,  StorageUtil, and TestGlobalHook.

And finally, one new script to beta 9, "sslEffectEditor".

All other scripts have some difference to them. Looking through the changes, some of the changes to the core "SexLabFramework" are dealing with facial expressions. I wonder if that could be causing this..It tries to add an expression to the actor, finds no head then adds the head back on...Kind of a shot in the dark here, will keep investigating further. Attached is the raw output to text files of the results of using "diff" on each file if anyone wants to give it a crack.

Beta 8 and Beta 9 changes.zip

More finding updates:

After pouring over the differences, and using process of elimination to remove (hopefully) irrelevant files, I have narrowed it down to a few possible issues.
Each of which would need their own investigation into, poking, prodding and testing to confirm or rule out they are the cause.

Since we know it works with beta8, we use that as a base and find what changed since then. I don't want to force a particular version of SL to be used as I feel that would be limiting.

Only SE would be supported and I don't want that. Ideally I would prefer all Skyrim edition users to be able to enjoy this mod.

Spoiler

The core, "SexLabFramework" has changes to it that appear to mess with expressions. It is a possiblity it tries to modify the facial expression, cannot find a head, and adds it back to satisfy itself (heh). I have seen this happen once, actually. The detached head was making faces while the body was doing not regular animation things.

The actor Library "sslActorLibrary" has changes dealing with stripping animations. It seems unlikely though that this could be a cause, but still warrants further investigation to see if for whatever reason it does. This is Skyrim we're talking about here...one janky ass game.

Hm...the expression theory is seeming more probable as I look at "sslBaseExpression". A lot of expression related changes are here, using MFG fix as well.
I believe that there is options to turn off expressions in SL's MCM config. I wonder if this can be done via script too.

Looking as "sslSystemConfig", what do you know, more expression handling changes.  Maybe it is the problem?

Finally, there are some more animation tag related changes in the various sslThread..." scripts, but it's more tag searching changes than anything.

I'm sort of thinking that it could be something related to expressions being applied that's causing it. Barring that, uh.. I have no idea. I think there's options in the config to disable expressions... Maybe give that a try with newer SL versions, see what happens?

Edited by FoxinTale
More findings.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, is it possible to blackout the odd transition when the surrounding NPCs search and navigate their way to the player's body? rather than seeing your character stand up.

OOooo, and i read your SL Defeat idea. I admire the creative thought process behind that and i would LOVE to see it happen. Really appreciate this mod and stoke to see the end results of your script/coding magic!

Edit: Also, i remember in the old skyrim when you died, there was this unconscious sound effect where it sounded like a constant low decibel white noise instead of it being removed in special edition. So when you die now it just reverts back to playing the music instead of that  sound effect which i thought was weird. Once you die, it should sound like the void like the previous version of skyrim. 

I remember doing some research about it and it sounded like this was the sound effect whenever the character was knocked out, or invisible. Now is it possible to add/return this concept when the character dies? Forgive me for suggesting but if I knew how to do it myself I wouldn't be asking this. 

Edited by Zeldriik